- The Latest: Paris hotel business hit hard by attacks Updated: Nov-25-15 4:15 pm
BRUSSELS - The latest on the attacks in Paris and security alert in Brussels. All times local:
- As border checks return in Europe, economic costs loom Updated: Nov-25-15 1:48 pm
LONDON - Queues, bottlenecks and security checks - their return in Europe could have a sizeable economic impact if they become entrenched in the wake of the attacks in Paris and the unprecedented flow of refugees from conflict zones like Syria.
- Ukraine stops buying Russian gas, closes airspace Updated: Nov-25-15 11:41 am
MOSCOW - Tensions between Russia and Ukraine escalated Wednesday as Ukraine decided to stop buying Russian natural gas - hoping to rely on supplies from other countries - and closed its airspace to its eastern neighbor.
- European Council: Turkey summit set for Sunday Updated: Nov-23-15 3:48 pm
BRUSSELS - European Council President Donald Tusk says he has called for a summit with Turkey this Sunday to "re-energize relations and stem migration flow."
- EU warns 3 countries over budget and indicates French leeway Updated: Nov-17-15 10:26 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union warned Tuesday another three of the 19 countries that use the euro, including Italy, risk breaking the currency bloc's budget rules and hinted it could give France some leeway in the wake of the attacks in Paris.
- Romania premier-elect names Cabinet of technocrats Updated: Nov-15-15 3:45 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romania's prime minister-designate on Sunday named his Cabinet of mostly young professionals with management experience, after the former government collapsed following mass protests over a nightclub fire where at least 55 died.
- Europe worries Malta giving Libyans backdoor to EU Updated: Nov-12-15 2:21 pm
VALLETTA, Malta - European lawmakers are expressing concern about a widening scandal in which hundreds of Libyans allegedly received Maltese residency permits in a corruption scheme - giving them free access to any EU country and possibly compromising European security - and another in which large numbers of Algerians received visas through Malta's consulate.
- Cameron: Britain's EU demands not 'Mission: Impossible' Updated: Nov-10-15 3:46 pm
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron laid out his government's demands for European Union reform Tuesday, saying a looser "British model of membership" would let him campaign "heart and soul" for his country to stay in the 28-nation bloc.
- The Latest: Denmark cautiously welcomes UK reform demands Updated: Nov-10-15 1:03 pm
BRUSSELS - The latest reaction to Britain's demands for European Union reform. All times local.
- EU official: Cyprus economy to grow 2 percent annually Updated: Nov-03-15 7:06 am
NICOSIA, Cyprus - A European Union official says the economy of bailed-out Cyprus is projected to grow 2 percent annually until 2020.
- Self-inflicted wounds dog EU moves to manage migrant crisis Updated: Nov-02-15 4:36 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union's struggle to staunch the flow of hundreds of thousands of people across its borders represents the continent's biggest refugee emergency in over half a century.
- British women and Euroskeptics unite against EU 'tampon tax' Updated: Oct-28-15 1:15 pm
LONDON - Tampons have become the latest flashpoint in Britain's troubled relationship with the European Union.
- European leaders look to boost financing for startups Updated: Oct-27-15 2:40 pm
PARIS - The leaders of France, Germany and the European Union's executive body have praised new partnerships between private, public and European funds to improve access to financing for startups in an effort to boost the digital economy across the continent.
- EU lashes nations for foot-dragging on migrant pledges Updated: Oct-27-15 12:30 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union appealed to member countries on Tuesday to deliver on promises to deal with the refugee emergency, warning that the EU's credibility is at stake.