- Greece's stock market to reopen as bailout talks progress Updated: Jul-31-15 3:35 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greece's government announced that the Athens Stock Exchange will reopen Monday, a big step toward normalcy as talks with international creditors shifted into high gear.
- EU to probe FedEx takeover of Dutch rival TNT Updated: Jul-31-15 9:40 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is opening an in-depth probe into whether FedEx's proposed $4.9 billion takeover of Dutch company TNT would strangle competition in the massive market for small package deliveries.
- FIFA welcomes legal win for ban on third-party ownership Updated: Jul-27-15 9:05 am
ZURICH - FIFA has welcomed a legal win in a Belgian court which upholds its ban on third-party investors owning players' transfer rights.
- EU regulator recommends 1st license for malaria vaccine Updated: Jul-24-15 10:25 am
LONDON - The European Medicines Agency has recommended approving what would be the world's first licensed malaria vaccine, even though it's only about 30 percent effective and its protection fades over time.
- European court rejects Financial Fair Play challenge Updated: Jul-22-15 10:41 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA says it has won at the European Union's supreme court after a legal challenge to "Financial Fair Play" rules that curb club spending was thrown out.
- Europe approves Amgen's first-in-class cholesterol drug Updated: Jul-21-15 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Amgen on Tuesday received European approval for its first-of-a-kind cholesterol drug that lowers levels of the artery-clogging substance more than older drugs that have been prescribed for decades.
- EU task force seeks mental exams, drug tests for pilots Updated: Jul-17-15 10:07 am
BRUSSELS - A European Union task force on Friday recommended pre-employment psychological evaluations and random drug and alcohol testing for pilots to prevent a repeat of the Germanwings disaster.
- EU task force seeks mental exams, drug tests for pilots Updated: Jul-17-15 9:42 am
BRUSSELS - A European Union task force is recommending pre-employment psychological evaluations and random drug and alcohol tests for pilots to prevent a repeat of the Germanwings disaster.
- Juncker urges Cypriot leaders to seize chance for peace Updated: Jul-16-15 12:16 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - The European Commission's top official expressed optimism Thursday that renewed peace talks in Cyprus can lead to a deal which the EU would support financially.
- The Latest: European Union to give Greece short-term loan Updated: Jul-16-15 10:17 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest on Greece's financial crisis (all times local):
- European Commission clears Aer Lingus takeover Updated: Jul-14-15 5:17 pm
LONDON - The European Commission on Tuesday cleared the takeover of Irish airline Aer Lingus by International Airlines Group after securing measures to address competition concerns.
- European Commission clears Aer Lingus takeover Updated: Jul-14-15 4:18 pm
LONDON - The European Commission says it has cleared the takeover of Irish airline Aer Lingus by International Airlines Group.
- EU antitrust probe targets MasterCard fees Updated: Jul-09-15 9:56 am
- Correction: Russia-Ukraine-Gas story Updated: Jul-06-15 2:54 pm
MOSCOW - In a story July 1 about Gazprom halting gas supplies to Ukraine, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Russia offered Ukraine a price of $247 per cubic meter. The price offered was per thousand cubic meters.
- Greek voters confused by referendum wording as vote nears Updated: Jul-03-15 12:35 pm
ATHENS, Greece - Greek voters facing a momentous vote Sunday that may determine the country's future in Europe can be forgiven for scratching their heads when they read the ballot question that has to be marked with a "yes" or a "no."
- The Latest: Protesters loot supermarket in Athens suburb Updated: Jul-03-15 10:37 am
ATHENS, Greece - The latest news on Greece's financial woes and its upcoming referendum on Sunday (all times local):