- Bradley's hitting streak over, Bogaerts' still alive Updated: May-26-16 10:37 pm
BOSTON - Jackie Bradley Jr. of the Boston Red Sox had his hitting streak ended at 29 games on Thursday night and teammate Xavier Bogaerts took over the mantle of the longest current streak in the majors by keeping his alive at 19 games.
- Rockies' homers silence Red Sox, Bradley's hit streak, 8-2 Updated: May-26-16 10:18 pm
- White Sox-Royals game postponed because of rain Updated: May-26-16 10:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - While the Chicago White Sox game at Kansas City was postponed because of rain Thursday night, the Royals are looking on how to fill the gap of possibly losing All-Star third baseman Mike Moustakas for the season to a knee injury.
- Happ pitches Blue Jays past Yankees, Sabathia in 3-1 win Updated: May-26-16 9:32 pm
NEW YORK - In between retiring Yankees hitters, Toronto starter J.A. Happ could appreciate the moment of dueling with CC Sabathia.
- Alex Rodriguez back off DL, Mark Teixeira out for Yankees Updated: May-26-16 9:29 pm
NEW YORK - Alex Rodriguez is back and Mark Teixeira is out for the Yankees - though they hope Teixeira will miss only a few games.
- Sabathia outdueled by Happ in Yankees' 3-1 loss to Blue Jays Updated: May-26-16 8:19 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia didn't allow any earned runs Thursday against Toronto. He didn't earn any wins, either.
- Boggs 'back home' as his No. 26 is retired at Fenway Park Updated: May-26-16 7:50 pm
BOSTON - The 'chicken man' has lost a little of the shimmer from his trademark mustache over the years, but every pilgrimage Wade Boggs makes to Fenway Park still feels like old times for the Red Sox legend.
- Royals place Moustakas on DL with torn ACL Updated: May-26-16 6:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals placed third baseman Mike Moustakas on the 15-day disabled list Thursday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
- Twins suspend pitching coach Allen after DWI arrest Updated: May-26-16 6:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins have suspended pitching coach Neil Allen indefinitely with pay, following his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving.
- Marlins' Fernandez strikes out 12 Rays in sixth straight win Updated: May-26-16 6:09 pm
- Improved Verlander helps Tigers rebound from rough stretch Updated: May-26-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - After allowing seven runs to the Cleveland Indians on May 3, Justin Verlander took to Twitter - always a risky move for an athlete, especially one coming off a frustrating performance.
- Slugged in Seattle: Oakland knocked around in 13-3 loss Updated: May-26-16 2:08 am
SEATTLE - The first start of Zach Neal's career was perfect for five batters. The Oakland right-hander even struck out Nelson Cruz his first time at the plate.
- Sluggin' Seattle: Lind's 6 RBIs lead Mariners past A's 13-3 Updated: May-26-16 1:55 am
SEATTLE - Adam Lind felt he was building toward something after a sluggish start to his first season in Seattle.
- Strikeouts pile up for Orioles as they fall to Astros 4-3 Updated: May-26-16 12:47 am
HOUSTON - The Baltimore Orioles don't seem too worried about their offense despite striking out 37 times in their past two games.
- Valbuena's tiebreaking homer lifts Astros over Orioles 4-3 Updated: May-26-16 12:29 am
HOUSTON - Evan Gattis is proving how valuable he is at catcher for the Houston Astros.
- Neck problem knocks Yankees 1B Teixeira out of lineup again Updated: May-26-16 12:20 am
NEW YORK - Just as one aging slugger gets ready to return to the New York Yankees, they're concerned about the health of another.
- Rockies latest victims of Boston's bats in 10-3 loss Updated: May-26-16 12:01 am
- With Tulo out, Blue Jays activate 2B Devon Travis from DL Updated: May-25-16 9:06 pm
- LEADING OFF: Harper slumping, Fernandez rolling in NL East Updated: May-25-16 8:54 pm
A look at what's happening all around the majors Thursday:
- Santiago can't hold leads in Angels' 15-9 loss at Rangers Updated: May-25-16 8:09 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Angels starter Hector Santiago went to the mound with the lead each of his first two innings and went back to the dugout both times with the game tied.
- Late hit eludes Cardinals in 9-8 loss to Cubs Updated: May-25-16 7:55 pm
ST. LOUIS - The big late-inning hit that has been there for most of the season eluded the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday.
- Mazara hits long homer as Rangers beat Angels 15-9 Updated: May-25-16 7:22 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Like Rougned Odor before him, Nomar Mazara is having an impact for the Texas Rangers as the youngest player in the major leagues.
- Athletics utility man Canha has successful hip surgery Updated: May-25-16 7:00 pm
SEATTLE - Oakland Athletics utility player Mark Canha has had successful surgery on his left hip that will keep him out for the rest of the season.
- After 3-7 homestand, White Sox seek rebound on road Updated: May-25-16 6:58 pm
CHICAGO - After slumping at home, the Chicago White Sox hope to rebound on the road.
- After beating Sale, Indians top Quintana, White Sox 4-3 Updated: May-25-16 6:52 pm
CHICAGO - Corey Kluber still is considered an ace in the Cleveland Indians' clubhouse.