- Dodgers pitcher Frankie Montas has rib surgery Updated: Feb-12-16 10:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers right-hander Frankie Montas will be out two to four months after having rib resection surgery on Friday.
- Closer Aroldis Chapman agrees with Yankees at $11,325,000 Updated: Feb-12-16 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - Closer Aroldis Chapman and the New York Yankees agreed Friday to a one-year contract worth $11,325,000, avoiding salary arbitration.
- Tommy Hunter agrees to 1-year contract with Indians Updated: Feb-12-16 6:43 pm
CLEVELAND - Pitcher Tommy Hunter and the Cleveland Indians have agreed to a one-year contract.
- Tanaka feels good, but unsure about status for 1st start Updated: Feb-12-16 6:36 pm
TAMPA, Florida - New York Yankees pitcher Masahiro Tanaka, coming back after arthroscopic surgery to remove a bone spur from his right elbow last October, says he feels perfectly healthy but isn't sure when he'll make his first regular-season start.
- Orioles hire former Mets exec McIlvaine to front office post Updated: Feb-12-16 6:00 pm
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Orioles have hired Joe McIlvaine as senior adviser of player personnel.
- Cubs claim reliever Riefenhauser off waivers from Orioles Updated: Feb-12-16 5:17 pm
- World Baseball Classic qualifying: Aussies 4, South Africa 1 Updated: Feb-12-16 6:56 am
SYDNEY - Australia scored three first-inning runs on five hits - including four consecutive hits to start the game - and defeated South Africa 4-1 on Friday to advance to the final of the World Baseball Classic qualifying tournament.
- Moustakas, Royals agree to $14.3 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-11-16 10:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals and third baseman Mike Moustakas agreed Thursday to a $14.3 million, two-year contract that not only avoids arbitration this year but also buys out his final year.
- With Dombrowski in Boston, trades with Cashman could slow Updated: Feb-11-16 9:16 pm
NEW YORK - Now that he's with the Boston Red Sox, Dave Dombrowski doesn't expect to be making a lot of trades with Yankees general manager Brian Cashman.
- Yankees to dedicate plaque to Mariano Rivera on Aug 14 Updated: Feb-11-16 3:01 pm
NEW YORK - The Yankees will dedicate a plaque for retired relief pitcher Mariano Rivera in Monument Park at Yankee Stadium on Aug. 14 before a game against Tampa Bay.
- Ozzie Guillen to manage in native Venezuela next winter Updated: Feb-10-16 8:37 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Ozzie Guillen, who led the Chicago White Sox to the 2005 World Series title, was hired Wednesday to manage the La Guaira Sharks of the Venezuelan Winter League next offseason.
- Astros designated hitter Gattis has sports hernia surgery Updated: Feb-10-16 12:31 pm
HOUSTON - Houston designated hitter Evan Gattis underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia.
- Moreland's $5.7M deal with Rangers avoids arbitration Updated: Feb-10-16 9:08 am
PHOENIX - First baseman Mitch Moreland has agreed to a $5.7 million, one-year contract with the Texas Rangers, avoiding a salary arbitration hearing set for Wednesday.
- Ex-Tigers pitcher loses bid for new trial in contract case Updated: Feb-10-16 6:26 am
HOWELL, Michigan - A judge has rejected a request by ex-Detroit Tigers pitcher Denny McLain for a new trial in a breach-of-contract case.
- Darvish feeling strong in rehab, eager to rejoin Rangers Updated: Feb-09-16 7:52 pm
- RHP Mat Latos agrees to $3M, 1-year deal with White Sox Updated: Feb-09-16 4:45 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos agreed Tuesday to a $3 million, one-year contract with the Chicago White Sox, giving manager Robin Ventura another option for the back end of his rotation.
- Rafael Palmeiro's son, Orioles agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-09-16 2:30 pm
BALTIMORE - A son of former Orioles star Rafael Palmeiro has agreed to a minor league contract with Baltimore.
- Joel Peralta and Mariners agree to minor league contract Updated: Feb-09-16 2:19 pm
SEATTLE - Relief pitcher Joel Peralta has agreed to a minor league contract with the Seattle Mariners and will report to big league spring training.
- Astros beat Castro in arbitration, catcher gets $5 million Updated: Feb-09-16 1:43 pm
PHOENIX - Houston Astros catcher Jason Castro became the first player to lose in salary arbitration this year.
- AP source: Donaldson, Blue Jays nearing $28.65M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-09-16 10:49 am
NEW YORK - AL MVP Josh Donaldson and the Toronto Blue Jays are nearing agreement on a $28.65 million, two-year contract, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.
- AP source: J.D. Martinez, Tigers reach $18.5M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-08-16 9:07 pm
DETROIT - J.D. Martinez has agreed to an $18.5 million, two-year contract with the Detroit Tigers, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
- MLB player Delmon Young charged with attacking attendant Updated: Feb-08-16 8:01 pm
MIAMI - Free agent outfielder Delmon Young was arrested after he choked and threatened a parking attendant at a Miami hotel Sunday night, police said.
- Pitcher Craig Stammen, Indians agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-08-16 2:56 pm
CLEVELAND - Right-hander Craig Stammen has agreed to a minor league contract with the Cleveland Indians and will report to big league spring training.
- Pitcher Gavin Floyd agrees to $1M, 1-year deal with Toronto Updated: Feb-08-16 12:54 pm
TORONTO - Right-hander Gavin Floyd and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a $1 million, one-year contract.
- Jesse Chavez beats Blue Jays in arbitration, awarded $4M Updated: Feb-06-16 1:40 pm
PHOENIX - Pitcher Jesse Chavez defeated the Toronto Blue Jays in salary arbitration, improving players to 3-0 this year in cases that went to hearings.