- Rangers, Rodriguez lose at home again, 13-0 to Angels Updated: Jul-05-15 1:35 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Another tough night at home for Wandy Rodriguez and the Texas Rangers.
- Santiago goes 7 innings in Angels' 13-0 win at Texas Updated: Jul-05-15 1:27 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - C.J. Cron and the Los Angeles Angels finally gave Hector Santiago plenty of run support.
- Blanton has rough 1st inning as Royals lose to Twins, 5-3 Updated: Jul-05-15 12:45 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Joe Blanton had a bad first inning and that was enough to doom the Kansas City Royals
- Mauer has 2-run HR among 4 hits as Twins beat Royals 5-3 Updated: Jul-05-15 12:03 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Joe Mauer continues to make Kansas City his home away from home.
- Teixeira's double sparks Yanks to 3-2 walk-off win over Rays Updated: Jul-04-15 10:03 pm
NEW YORK - Mark Teixeira turned on a 94 mph fastball from Brad Boxberger and hit a sharp grounder between the diving bodies of James Loney, positioned just off first base, and second baseman Jake Elmore, about 15 feet from the foul line, in short right field.
- Twins' Santana reinstated from suspension, will start Sunday Updated: Jul-04-15 9:59 pm
- Anderson gets no help from bats, Indians lose 1-0 to Pirates Updated: Jul-04-15 9:53 pm
PITTSBURGH - Cleveland Indians rookie Cody Anderson has a simple explanation for such a successful start to his major league career.
- Locke down: Pirates edge Indians 1-0 behind Jeff Locke Updated: Jul-04-15 8:06 pm
PITTSBURGH - A lack of efficiency with his pitches was the reason Jeff Locke failed to get past the fifth inning in his previous two starts despite giving up a combined three runs.
- Rangers activate Harrison, send Chi Chi back to minors Updated: Jul-04-15 7:57 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Left-hander Matt Harrison was activated from the disabled list and rookie right-hander Chi Chi Gonzalez was sent back to the minors by the Texas Rangers on Saturday.
- Hernandez finally loses in Oakland, Mariners fall 2-0 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:53 pm
OAKLAND, California - Felix Hernandez turned in another quality start despite not having his best stuff. He still lost a second straight decision for the first time this season.
- Pain in the neck: Astros lose 6-1 to Red Sox, streak snapped Updated: Jul-04-15 7:51 pm
BOSTON - Pablo Sandoval made a running catch of a foul pop and began tumbling over the railing into the Houston dugout when pitcher Vincent Velasquez reached out to help brace his fall.
- Harrison ready to start again for Texas after spinal fusion Updated: Jul-04-15 7:46 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Matt Harrison never really knew what it would be like when he started his comeback from spinal fusion surgery.
- A's end home skid against King Felix, beat Mariners 2-0 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:45 pm
- Orioles finally score still lose to White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:28 pm
CHICAGO - The Baltimore Orioles ended their lengthy scoreless streak. What could have been their biggest hit was stolen in the ninth inning.
- Garcia robs Davis in 9th, White Sox hold off Orioles 3-2 Updated: Jul-04-15 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - The last-place Chicago White Sox got the big hit. Then they got the big catch. Now they've won four straight.
- Boxberger 9th-inning error sinks Rays in 3-2 loss to Yankees Updated: Jul-04-15 7:04 pm
NEW YORK - Brad Boxberger picked up the ball on a ninth-inning bunt and threw wildly to first. By the time second baseman Jake Elmore's throw reached home, the Tampa Bay Rays' losing streak had stretched to seven games.
- Tigers' Cabrera on DL for 1st time, out 6 weeks Updated: Jul-04-15 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera will be sidelined with a left calf injury for at least six weeks after the Tigers placed the AL batting leader on the disabled list for the first time in his career.
- Buchholz tosses complete game, Red Sox beat Astros 6-1 Updated: Jul-04-15 6:09 pm
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz knew he had it going right away.
- Dickey struggles against Tigers as Blue Jays fall 8-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 5:54 pm
DETROIT - R.A. Dickey knew he was in trouble by the third pitch of Saturday's game.
- Martinez homers to back Price as Tigers beat Blue Jays 8-3 Updated: Jul-04-15 5:45 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers know that in the long run, Miguel Cabrera is impossible to replace.
- Orioles keep Gausman in rotation, move Norris to bullpen Updated: Jul-04-15 2:57 pm
- Andrew Miller could be back with Yankees soon Updated: Jul-04-15 1:36 pm
NEW YORK - Injured closer Andrew Miller threw 30 pitches in a bullpen session and could soon return to the New York Yankees.
- Rays bring up Teaford, send down Riefenhauser Updated: Jul-04-15 1:05 pm
NEW YORK - Wanting to have a long reliever in the bullpen after a pair of extra-inning games, the Tampa Bay Rays selected the contract of left-hander Everett Teaford from Durham of the Triple-A International League.
- Red Sox recall RHP Wright; option RHP Ramirez Updated: Jul-04-15 12:26 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have bolstered their bullpen by recalling right-hander Steven Wright from Triple-A Pawtucket on Saturday.
- McCutchen hits 2-run homer in Pirates' 5-2 loss to Indians Updated: Jul-04-15 2:42 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates trailed by one run when rain stopped play for more than two hours in the bottom of the seventh inning. After play resumed, Cleveland added to its lead in the top of the eighth and snapped Pittsburgh's three-game win streak.