- Yankees rough up Samardzija, beat White Sox 12-3 Updated: Aug-02-15 6:39 pm
CHICAGO - From Jacoby Ellsbury all the way down to Stephen Drew at the bottom of the lineup, the New York Yankees bashed their way to a winning road trip.
- Energy level not there for Arizona in 4-1 loss to Astros Updated: Aug-02-15 6:33 pm
- McHugh goes 7 innings, Astros beat Diamondbacks 4-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 6:27 pm
HOUSTON - The last year has been a complete turnaround for Collin McHugh.
- Cabrera's double in 8th helps Rays to 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 6:14 pm
BOSTON - Junichi Tazawa showed Asdrubal Cabrera the same pitch once too often.
- Cabrera's double in 8th helps Rays to 4-3 win over Red Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 6:05 pm
BOSTON - James Loney knows it always feels better having a lucky hit at the right time.
- Hamilton homers, Perez wins as Rangers edge Giants 2-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:51 pm
- Orioles wrap up homestand with 6-1 loss to Tigers Updated: Aug-02-15 5:50 pm
BALTIMORE - With the exception of one mighty swing by Chris Davis, the Baltimore Orioles didn't do much right in the finale of an otherwise successful homestand.
- Morrison's RBI double in 11th pushes Mariners past Twins 4-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:32 pm
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Daniel Norris forged a Price-less memory in his debut with Detroit.
- Colabello homers, Jays beat Royals 5-2 in testy game Updated: Aug-02-15 4:35 pm
- Benches, bullpens clear at game between Royals, Jays Updated: Aug-02-15 4:08 pm
TORONTO - Both benches and bullpens emptied after Toronto reliever Aaron Sanchez was ejected for throwing at Kansas City's Alcides Escobar in the eighth inning on Sunday. It was the climax of a game-long spat that began when Royals starter Edinson Volquez hit Josh Donaldson on the left arm in the first inning.
- Rangers put Scheppers on DL, recall Klein Updated: Aug-02-15 2:17 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Texas Rangers have placed right-handed setup man Tanner Scheppers on the 15-day disabled list with left knee inflammation and recalled right-hander Phil Klein from Triple-A Round Rock.
- Yankees place RHP Diego Moreno on DL with elbow inflammation Updated: Aug-02-15 1:36 pm
CHICAGO - The New York Yankees placed reliever Diego Moreno on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and recalled right-hander Branden Pinder from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- RHP Porcello goes on DL; newly acquired RHP Cook recalled Updated: Aug-02-15 1:14 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox have placed struggling right-hander Rick Porcello on the 15-day disabled list because of soreness in his right triceps.
- Rays LHP Moore demoted after rough outing Updated: Aug-02-15 12:57 pm
BOSTON - The Tampa Bay Rays have decided the minors would be the best place for left-hander Matt Moore to continue his return from Tommy John surgery.
- Twins to place LHP Milone on DL with elbow strain Updated: Aug-02-15 12:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins will place pitcher Tommy Milone on the 15-day disabled list with a mild left elbow strain, retroactive to Aug. 1.
- Anderson goes 6-plus innings in Indians' 5-1 loss to A's Updated: Aug-02-15 1:02 am
OAKLAND, California - Cody Anderson pitched in front of family and friends for the first time. He enjoyed the experience despite coming out on the losing end.
- Mitchell, Yankees lose 8-2 to White Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 12:18 am
CHICAGO - Bryan Mitchell's first start of the season was a rough one.
- Brooks earns first career win in A's debut, 5-1 over Indians Updated: Aug-01-15 11:53 pm
OAKLAND, California - Marcus Semien homered to back a strong outing by Oakland newcomer Aaron Brooks and the Athletics beat the Cleveland Indians 5-1 on Saturday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
- Smith's wildness in 9th lets Twins slip past Mariners 3-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Seattle closer Carson Smith had a few rough outings in a row before entering Saturday's game with a chance to notch a save.
- Sanchez struggles as Tigers lose to Orioles 6-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:22 pm
BALTIMORE - Their starting pitcher was hit hard, the offense offered little support and the team fell into an early hole that proved too difficult to overcome.
- Lucchino stepping down from position with Red Sox Updated: Aug-01-15 9:42 pm
BOSTON - Larry Lucchino is stepping down as president and CEO of the Boston Red Sox at the end of this season.
- Angels lose 5th in row, 3-1 to Kershaw and Dodgers Updated: Aug-01-15 9:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - Andrew Heaney's winning streak ended, manager Mike Scioscia's day finished early because of an ejection, and Mike Trout's respect for Clayton Kershaw just kept growing.
- Kershaw extends scoreless streak to 37 innings Updated: Aug-01-15 8:32 pm
- Moore's tough day sends Rays to 11-7 loss to Red Sox Updated: Aug-01-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Matt Moore hopes tough times may lead to better things as he continues his comeback from Tommy John surgery.