- Warriors rally from 3-1 deficit after in-flight meeting Updated: May-31-16 2:39 am
OAKLAND, California - A heart-to-heart was in order.
- Curry and record-setting Warriors headed back to NBA Finals Updated: May-31-16 1:00 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry knocked down yet another 3-pointer in the waning moments, pulled his jersey up into his mouth and yelled to the rafters in triumph once more.
- Thompson's 41 points, 11 3s save Golden State's season Updated: May-29-16 1:31 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Stephen Curry turned things over to Klay Thompson, and his Splash Brother delivered.
- Aubrey McClendon's Thunder stake at issue in probate court Updated: May-28-16 12:25 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The roughly 20 percent ownership stake in the Oklahoma City Thunder held by the late Aubrey McClendon has become a concern of his estate's creditors.
- It's been a blowout-filled NBA postseason so far Updated: May-26-16 5:33 pm
MIAMI - James Jones was taking a shot in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals, and the crew calling the game on television was instead talking about James Evans.
- Timberwolves G Ricky Rubio's mom dies at 56 of lung cancer Updated: May-25-16 6:59 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio's mother has died after a long battle with lung cancer.
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Warriors facing long odds down 3-1, but it has been done Updated: May-25-16 8:05 am
MIAMI - Here's good news for Golden State: It's not over.
- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him Updated: May-24-16 1:51 pm
MIAMI - Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Draymond Green fined $25,000, not suspended for groin kick Updated: May-23-16 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Draymond Green was fined $25,000 but not suspended by the NBA on Monday for kicking Oklahoma City center Steven Adams in the groin.
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick Updated: May-22-16 10:28 am
Mark Cuban is picking the Oklahoma City Thunder to win the NBA's biggest prize.
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching Updated: May-21-16 3:47 am
OAKLAND, California - Billy Donovan is trying to accomplish the improbable and lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a championship as a first-year NBA coach, just as Steve Kerr did guiding Golden State to its first title in 40 years last June in his rookie season running the Warriors.
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander Updated: May-20-16 8:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor decided to hire Tom Thibodeau as coach and president of basketball operations and Scott Layden as general manager, many in the organization braced for sweeping changes to the front office and coaching staff.
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron Updated: May-20-16 6:26 pm
This is our Magic vs. Bird.
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court Updated: May-20-16 5:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - A black sleeve protecting his sore right elbow, MVP Stephen Curry insists he's fine after yet another postseason injury.
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason Updated: May-19-16 7:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - A far cry from his brash, former basketball-playing father, Klay Thompson is perfectly content to be the soft-spoken, second superstar behind MVP Stephen Curry. He is more than happy to let Draymond Green do the arguing, arm flexing and trash talking.
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team Updated: May-19-16 3:32 pm
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air Updated: May-18-16 2:10 am
Starting a postseason 9-0 does not guarantee a championship.
- TNT sees big ratings for Oklahoma City-Golden State opener Updated: May-17-16 10:29 pm
ATLANTA - The Western Conference finals opener between Oklahoma City and Golden State was TNT's highest-rated conference finals Game 1 since 2011.
- Timberwolves will choose 5th in the NBA draft Updated: May-17-16 8:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves stayed put in the NBA draft lottery on Tuesday night and will pick fifth in the first round on June 23.
- Warriors take little solace in NBA acknowledging blown call Updated: May-17-16 7:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - The fact that the NBA acknowledged missing a late travel call on Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook did little to appease Golden State coach Steve Kerr a day later.
- Thunder's Steven Adams apologizes for 'monkeys' comment Updated: May-17-16 5:37 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oklahoma City center Steven Adams understands that he has to live with the fallout of using a derogatory term to describe Golden State's guards.
- Plenty of star power remains at point guard in NBA playoffs Updated: May-17-16 2:12 am
MIAMI - LeBron James is fond of saying that today's NBA is driven by point guards.
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension Updated: May-16-16 10:59 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Terry Stotts, who coached the Portland Trail Blazers to the second round of the playoffs, has agreed to a three-year contract extension, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations.
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck Updated: May-16-16 6:01 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves will send Karl-Anthony Towns as their representative to the NBA draft lottery, hoping for the same fortune that brought them the NBA Rookie of the Year.