- Charlotte holds off Georgia State 23-20 in FBS debut Updated: Sep-04-15 8:02 pm
ATLANTA - Matt Johnson threw for 242 yards and a touchdown to help Charlotte beat Georgia State 23-20 in the 49ers' FBS debut Friday at the Georgia Dome.
- Golson debuts at QB for No. 10 Florida State vs. Texas State Updated: Sep-04-15 3:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The last time Everett Golson played at Doak Campbell Stadium he nearly led Notre Dame to an upset of then top-ranked Florida State. Nearly 11 months later, Golson returns as the Seminoles' starting quarterback as 10th-ranked Florida State opens against Texas State.
- Kentucky ready for season opener against Louisiana-Lafayette Updated: Sep-04-15 2:32 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Kentucky quarterback Patrick Towles and coach Mark Stoops have found it hard to contain their anticipation about new-look Commonwealth Stadium.
- McElwain era begins at Florida with hope of improved offense Updated: Sep-04-15 1:02 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida's passing game was difficult, maybe even impossible, to watch the last five years.
- NC State aims to build on 5-win turnaround, opens with Troy Updated: Sep-04-15 12:42 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The next step for North Carolina State is finally here.
- Ohio dominates Idaho, 45-28 Updated: Sep-04-15 12:33 am
MOSCOW, Idaho - Derrius Vick completed 13 of 16 passes for 192 yards with two touchdowns to help lead Ohio to a 45-28 victory over Idaho in the season opener for both teams on Thursday night.
- Texas State-Florida State Preview Capsule Updated: Sep-03-15 3:58 pm
Texas State (7-5 2014) at No. 10 Florida State (13-1), 8 p.m. (ESPNews)
- USC's Sarkisian apologizes for drunken speech at team rally Updated: Aug-25-15 1:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Southern California coach Steve Sarkisian publicly apologized Tuesday for his drunken appearance at a team rally last weekend, attributing his slurred, profane speech to a combination of alcohol and medication.
- USC coach Sarkisian apologizes for behavior at team event Updated: Aug-23-15 6:39 pm
LOS ANGELES - Southern California coach Steve Sarkisian apologized Sunday for his behavior and profane language at a team event the night before.
- Georgia State looks to make a big jump in Miles' 3rd year Updated: Aug-21-15 4:44 pm
ATLANTA - When Trent Miles was asked what Georgia State needed to take the next step in its football development, he had a simple answer.
- Defending Sun Belt champ Georgia Southern aims for bowl bid Updated: Aug-20-15 12:57 pm
STATESBORO, Georgia - Georgia Southern won just about everything in 2014 - except the chance to celebrate in the postseason.
- South Alabama trying to overcome heavy losses after bowl Updated: Aug-19-15 1:17 pm
MOBILE, Alabama - South Alabama checked off one program goal by playing in a bowl game.
- La.-Lafayette primed for fourth straight strong season Updated: Aug-19-15 11:33 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - The regret and the lessons associated with three straight lopsided losses in the first month of last season have stuck with Louisiana-Lafayette guard Mykhael Quave and fellow veteran teammates.
- New coach Neal Brown trying to begin Troy turnaround Updated: Aug-18-15 1:22 pm
TROY, Alabama - Neal Brown wants to restore the Troy Trojans to the level they reached while he was offensive coordinator.
- Georgia Southern, Louisiana-Lafayette Sun Belt favorites Updated: Aug-14-15 12:11 am
NEW ORLEANS - The old-school approaches of Georgia Southern and Appalachian State have brought a new look to the Sun Belt Conference.
- Louisiana-Lafayette receiver Jared Johnson out for season Updated: Aug-10-15 2:53 pm
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - University of Louisiana at Lafayette junior receiver Jared Johnson will undergo season-ending knee surgery to repair a torn tendon this week.
- Troy hoping for rebound under new coach Neal Brown Updated: Aug-08-15 5:39 pm
TROY, Alabama - Troy coach Neal Brown's youthful look hasn't kept the Trojans from heeding his instruction.