- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Updated: Apr-29-16 7:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets' season got off to a disappointing start.
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Updated: Apr-28-16 2:21 am
OAKLAND, California - Klay Thompson knew Golden State had to come together, that every player needed to raise his game with Stephen Curry sidelined.
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - Game 4 of the Warriors-Rockets series drew the largest television audience for the first round of the NBA playoffs in 14 years.
- Curry hurts knee but Warriors beat Rockets 121-94 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-24-16 7:45 pm
HOUSTON - Stephen Curry sat on the bench with his head in his hands, facing another injury that could derail Golden State's playoff run.
- NBA: Harden should've been called for foul on winning shot Updated: Apr-23-16 12:27 am
HOUSTON - The NBA said Friday that Houston's James Harden should have been given an offensive foul for pushing Golden State's Andre Iguodala before his winning shot Thursday night in Game 3 of the first-round playoff series.
- President Obama, Warriors star Stephen Curry team up on PSA Updated: Apr-16-16 3:21 pm
OAKLAND, California - President Barack Obama has teamed with reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry on a public service announcement calling for Americans to mentor youth in their community to make a positive impact.
- Rockets get last NBA playoff spot, Heat take No. 3 in East Updated: Apr-13-16 11:44 pm
A season-long climb from an early hole landed the Houston Rockets in the NBA playoffs.
- Rockets clinch playoff berth with 116-81 win over Kings Updated: Apr-13-16 11:37 pm
HOUSTON - After it looked as if they'd be heading home early just a week ago, the Houston Rockets are in the playoffs after securing the final Western Conference playoff spot on the last day of the regular season.
- Mavericks clinch playoff spot with 101-92 win over Jazz Updated: Apr-12-16 12:36 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Dallas Mavericks clinched a Western Conference playoff spot for the third consecutive season and the 15th time in the last 16 years.
- Harden, Howard keep Rockets alive with win over Wolves Updated: Apr-11-16 11:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - With almost no margin for error, James Harden, Dwight Howard and the Houston Rockets finally delivered the kind of effort everyone has been waiting to see all season long.
- Jazz use 24-0 run in 3rd quarter to beat Nuggets 100-84 Updated: Apr-10-16 8:45 pm
DENVER - Trey Lyles was caught off guard by an unexpected start. He was hard to guard the rest of the afternoon.
- Harden scores 40 to help Rockets beat Lakers 130-110 Updated: Apr-10-16 7:39 pm
- Suns end 7-game skid with 124-115 win over Rockets Updated: Apr-07-16 11:56 pm
HOUSTON - James Harden perfectly encapsulated the mood of the Houston Rockets after yet another loss dealt a serious blow to their dwindling playoff chances.
- Mavs beat Rockets 88-86 to keep slim lead over Utah, Houston Updated: Apr-07-16 1:27 am
DALLAS - If the Dallas Mavericks have to creep into the playoffs, they will. It's part of a style change, as coach Rick Carlisle likes to call it.
- Harden's 41 lead Rockets past Thunder 118-110 Updated: Apr-03-16 8:01 pm
HOUSTON - When Oklahoma City Thunder coach Billy Donovan was asked what went on in his team's most recent fourth-quarter collapse, he had a quick answer:
- Hayward scores 22, Jazz defeat Timberwolves 98-85 Updated: Apr-02-16 12:16 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The pressure was on the Utah to keep pace in the Western Conference playoff race after the Dallas Mavericks beat the Detroit Pistons on Friday night. The Jazz have six games left and can't afford to drop games against teams that have struggled all season.
- Mirotic scores 28 as Bulls edge Rockets 103-100 Updated: Mar-31-16 11:19 pm