- Court will not review sexual battery conviction Updated: Jul-31-15 4:55 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has declined to hear an appeal in an Itawamba County sexual battery case.
- Attorney general seeks execution date for death row inmate Updated: Jul-29-15 3:35 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state of Mississippi wants to execute Richard Gerald Jordan, the longest-serving inmate on death row, on or before Aug. 27.
- Justices clear way for 2 Dem senators to run in 1 district Updated: Jul-24-15 7:02 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The state Supreme Court on Friday cleared the way for two incumbent state senators in northern Mississippi to compete against each other in the Aug. 4 Democratic primary.
- Mississippi high court upholds conviction in deputy's death Updated: Jul-24-15 4:28 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has denied a new trial for Franklin Fitzpatrick, who was convicted of capital murder in the 2010 fatal shooting of a Tippah County sheriff's deputy.
- Mississippi murderer's lawsuit stalling execution Updated: Jul-24-15 8:41 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The execution of Mississippi's longest-serving death row inmate is being held up over a challenge to the state's lethal injection protocol.
- North Mississippi judge suspended for 30 days, no pay Updated: Jul-23-15 8:41 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A north Mississippi judge is asking the Mississippi Supreme Court to take a second look at his 30-day suspension and fine ordered for misconduct.
- Caledonia man appeals conviction in wife's death Updated: Jul-08-15 4:22 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Caledonia man is seeking a new trial for the 2008 fatal shooting of his wife, an incident his attorneys call a "horribly tragic accident" but undeserving of a murder conviction and life sentence.