- Mississippi high court is asked to toss 1990 death sentence Updated: May-24-16 11:12 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An attorney asked the Mississippi Supreme Court on Tuesday to toss out a death sentence for a man who has spent more than half his life on death row, saying he's mentally disabled and should not be executed for killing a family of four a quarter-century ago.
- The Latest: Attorney argues to toss inmate's death sentence Updated: May-24-16 2:06 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Latest on arguments in a Mississippi death penalty case (all times local):
- Justices uphold conviction in 2008 Oktibbeha County slaying Updated: May-19-16 5:08 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has upheld the capital murder conviction of an Oktibbeha County man found guilty of fatally shooting his former girlfriend.
- Man convicted of shooting Greenville rapper seeks new trial Updated: May-18-16 5:45 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A man convicted of murdering a Greenville rapper is asking the Mississippi Supreme Court to overturn his conviction.
- Justices mull if judiciary has role in legislative dispute Updated: May-09-16 6:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court said Monday that it wants to hear arguments about a lawsuit a Democratic lawmaker filed earlier this year against the Republican House speaker.
- AT&T donates $250,000 to Mississippi Civil Rights Museum Updated: May-06-16 10:31 am
TOUGALOO, Mississippi - AT&T Inc. is giving $250,000 to the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum and adjoining Museum of Mississippi History in downtown Jackson.