- Canadian newcomer Trudeau a fresh face among APEC leaders Updated: Nov-19-15 11:23 am
MANILA, Philippines - He's younger than the next youngest leader by six years and nearly a full generation behind the 60-year-old average age of his Pacific Rim peers.
- APEC leaders: Urgent need to cooperate against terrorism Updated: Nov-19-15 5:03 am
MANILA, Philippines - Asia-Pacific leaders called Thursday for governments to urgently increase cooperation in the fight against terrorism as they wrapped up annual talks haunted by the Paris attacks.
- The Latest: Manila slum near APEC shows poverty challenge Updated: Nov-19-15 4:49 am
MANILA, Philippines - Leaders from 21 countries and self-governing territories are in Manila for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit. The meeting's official agenda is focused on trade, business and economic issues but terrorism, South China Sea disputes and climate change are also in focus. (All times are local.)
- Pacific trade pact praised, panned as Obama urges approval Updated: Nov-18-15 7:03 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal between the U.S. and 11 other Pacific nations is drawing potential new members from Asia and criticism from those excluded, as it heads for a tough ride in the U.S. Congress.
- Malaysia 'sickened' by citizen's beheading in Philippines Updated: Nov-18-15 4:26 am
MANILA, Philippines - Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak has asked Philippine authorities to punish kidnappers who reportedly beheaded a Malaysian man in the southern Philippines, saying he and his people were "shocked and sickened" by the savage act.
- Obama calls on China to halt land reclamation Updated: Nov-17-15 11:49 pm
MANILA, Philippines - President Barack Obama called on China to halt land reclamation and construction in the disputed South China Sea in his latest show of support for Southeast Asian nations unnerved by China's assertiveness in the region.
- APEC summit tests security in volatile Philippines Updated: Nov-17-15 12:34 am
MANILA, Philippines - Providing security for the leaders of Asia-Pacific nations including the United States and China is a huge undertaking for any country. For the Philippines, which is hosting this year's APEC summit, the challenges are even bigger and are under renewed scrutiny following the Paris attacks.
- Putin, Indonesia's Jokowi to skip APEC summit in Manila Updated: Nov-13-15 5:18 am
MANILA, Philippines - Russian President Vladimir Putin called President Benigno Aquino III to tell him he will skip the summit of the Pacific Rim leaders in Manila next week because of the ongoing investigation into the crash of a Russian plane in Egypt, Aquino's spokeswoman said Friday.
- China to Philippines: No sea feud talk at APEC summit Updated: Nov-10-15 2:51 pm
MANILA, Philippines - China's top diplomat asked the Philippines Tuesday not to raise contentious issues - an obvious reference to the Asian neighbors' territorial spats - in an annual economic summit of Asia-Pacific leaders in Manila next week, a Filipino official said.