- Aide: Yemen's president willing to meet rebels in UN talks Updated: Jun-02-15 5:10 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Yemen's exiled President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi has agreed to travel to Geneva for peace talks with Shiite rebels who have taken over large swaths of his country, an aide to the embattled leader said Tuesday. A U.N. official said it is hoped the talks will begin by June 10.
- American held in Yemen freed, French hostage pleas for help Updated: Jun-01-15 2:40 pm
SANAA, Yemen - A freelance journalist who was among several Americans held by Iranian-backed Shiite rebels in Yemen was set free Monday as a French hostage abducted in Yemen by an unknown party appeared in a video pleading for help.
- US, Saudi Arabia announce 5-day ceasefire in Yemen 'soon' Updated: May-07-15 9:13 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia and the United States said Thursday a renewable, five-day cease-fire in Yemen's war would start soon to facilitate aid to millions of civilians in need, if Iran-backed rebels and their allies also agree to stop fighting.
- Kerry seeks pause in Yemen war as he arrives in Saudi Arabia Updated: May-06-15 3:43 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sought to secure a pause in Yemen's war as he arrived in Saudi Arabia Wednesday to meet with the king and other top officials, citing increased shortages of food, fuel and medicine that are adding to a crisis that already has neighboring countries bracing for a mass exodus of refugees. He was to hold further talks Thursday.
- Analysis: Despite Saudi strikes, Yemen rebels remain dug in Updated: May-06-15 3:40 am
SANAA, Yemen - More than a month of relentless airstrikes by a coalition led by Saudi Arabia has inflicted painful damage on Shiite rebels in Yemen, but they show little sign of collapse.