- Vermont State Police probe Killington fatal crash Updated: Aug-01-15 9:13 am
KILLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police are investigating a one-vehicle crash in Killington that killed a Connecticut man and left a woman with minor injuries.
- Vermont State Police ask public's help in probing fatal Updated: Aug-01-15 8:58 am
RICHMOND, Vermont - Vermont State Police are asking for the public's help as they investigate an accident on Interstate 89 in Richmond that left one man dead and a woman seriously injured.
- Former workers: Vermont Transportation intolerant of gays Updated: Jul-31-15 12:29 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Three former highway maintenance employees are accusing the Vermont Agency of Transportation of mistreating them because they are gay.
- National GOP targets Vermont Legislature for gains Updated: Jul-31-15 4:06 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Two national Republican groups have put Vermont on a list of 10 states nationwide where they'll focus their efforts to pick up legislative seats.
- 1 car, 2 DUIs after passenger jumps in driver's seat Updated: Jul-26-15 10:26 am
ROCKINGHAM, Vermont - One traffic stop netted two drunk-driving arrests in Vermont after police say a backseat passenger jumped in the driver's seat.
- Vermont transportation agency to hire outreach coordinator Updated: Jul-22-15 4:01 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont will hire an outreach coordinator to help communities dealing with construction projects, state Transportation Secretary Sue Minter said.
- Former Vermont transit chief to push Montreal train route Updated: Jul-19-15 10:49 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A former Vermont transportation secretary is coming out of retirement to help plan resumption of passenger train service between the northeastern United States and Montreal.
- Vermont's Green Mountain Power ready for energy revolution Updated: Jul-18-15 11:40 am
COLCHESTER, Vermont - When Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk unveiled the company's new Powerwall battery to back up home electrical systems in April, Green Mountain Power Corp. CEO Mary Powell was at the event in California, looking to put her company at the head of the line to order them for its customers.
- State police: child revived after falling into pool Updated: Jul-13-15 11:16 pm
ADDISON, Vermont - Vermont State Police are investigating the near drowning of an 18-month-old child in Addison.
- Study shows Northeast states benefit from carbon cap program Updated: Jul-13-15 10:28 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Amid complaints that planned federal rules to cut carbon emissions will hurt the economy, a new study says the northeastern states that already have moved in that direction are seeing economic benefits.
- Lawmakers concerned about mental health services nonprofit Updated: Jul-10-15 6:26 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Rutland Mental Health Services, one of 12 regional nonprofits serving clients with mental health and other disabilities, is facing possible closure due to a pattern of deficiencies, including improper use of restraints and failure to lock up medication, state officials said Friday.
- Vermont police stop same driver within 5 miles for speeding Updated: Jul-09-15 2:05 pm
BRADFORD, Vermont - Vermont state police say they cited the same driver twice in a five-mile stretch for driving at speeds of 90 mph and above.
- Federal funding fight could stall Vermont road projects Updated: Jul-07-15 3:46 pm
EAST MONTPELIER, Vermont - U.S. Rep. Peter Welch stood with state and local officials next to a deteriorating state highway bridge on Tuesday to highlight frustration with congressional inaction on funding a new multiyear transportation program.
- Police looking for public's help on shooting timeline Updated: Jul-06-15 12:26 pm
WILLISTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police are asking for the public's help in establishing a timeline of events and actions involving a woman accused of shooting a firearms instructor in the face and abdomen.
- Vermont State Police to boost enforcement during holiday Updated: Jul-04-15 8:37 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - The Vermont State Police say they will on the roads around the state to boost traffic enforcement during the Fourth of July holiday weekend.