- GOP's Kasich plans presidential campaign tour in NH, Vermont Updated: Oct-09-15 6:51 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is planning several stops across New Hampshire and Vermont as he campaigns for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Ex-transportation secretary enters race for Vermont governor Updated: Oct-06-15 7:16 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - Former Transportation Secretary Sue Minter on Tuesday launched her bid for the 2016 Democratic gubernatorial nomination, saying she believes Vermont's greatest challenges are also its greatest opportunities.
- Report: Trooper said he was OK before he collapsed, died Updated: Sep-29-15 7:06 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A state trooper who died of heatstroke during a tryout for the state police tactical team had told trainers concerned about him that he was fine but tired, according to a report released Tuesday.
- Vermont State Police say trucker dies after Lemington crash Updated: Sep-28-15 4:07 pm
LEMINGTON, Vermont - State police say a trucker is dead following a crash on Vermont Route 102 in the Northeast Kingdom town of Lemington.
- Vermont Attorney General Sorrell won't seek re-election Updated: Sep-28-15 3:58 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Attorney General William Sorrell says he's not going to seek re-election next year.
- $1.4M grant to help state police fight heroin trafficking Updated: Sep-28-15 11:02 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A $1.4 million federal grant is going to the Vermont State Police for additional troopers dedicated to fighting heroin and opioid trafficking.
- Massachusetts man dies in motorcycle crash in Vermont Updated: Sep-27-15 3:03 am
WILLISTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a motorcyclist from Massachusetts was killed in a crash in Chittenden County.
- Legislative panel focuses on care of mentally ill inmates Updated: Sep-17-15 5:23 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Vermont - A panel of lawmakers toured the Southern State Correctional Facility on Thursday to get a sense of the challenges the Department of Corrections faces in handling mentally ill and aging inmates.
- Vermont changes Amber Alert procedures after recent case Updated: Sep-16-15 6:09 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Public Safety officials are making some changes to the way Amber Alert messages are sent out in the state when a child is missing and believed to be in danger, officials said Wednesday.
- Man hurt in officer involved shooting misses court date Updated: Sep-15-15 6:45 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A man shot in the leg by a Vermont State trooper during a confrontation in Fayston has missed a court appearance on charges of trespassing simple assault on an officer.
- Vermont job fair to be held in South Burlington Updated: Sep-15-15 4:40 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Employers across a range of industries, as well as government agencies, will be staffing booths at a job fair being put on by the state Department of Labor.
- More than 300 apply for Vermont retirement incentive program Updated: Sep-10-15 3:59 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Officials in Vermont are asking lawmakers to accommodate more than 300 applicants who applied for a retirement incentive program.
- Transportation Secretary Sue Minter to run for governor Updated: Sep-10-15 2:41 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Transportation Secretary Sue Minter announced Thursday that she's resigning and running for governor, the third Democrat to enter the race.