- Crews continue work on White River Junction slide-in bridge Updated: Aug-30-15 11:07 am
WHITE RIVER JUNCTION, Vermont - Vermont transportation officials say drivers heading northbound on Interstate 91 in White River Junction should continue to find alternate routes while bridge replacement work continues.
- State Police: Slow down on Vermont's highways Updated: Aug-28-15 4:08 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police say they have caught at least six drivers in three weeks for speeding in excess of 100 mph along the state's highways.
- Vermont woman pleads not guilty to killing 2 cousins, aunt Updated: Aug-25-15 4:37 pm
BARRE, Vermont - A Vermont woman accused of killing a state social worker and three relatives because she was upset about losing custody of her 9-year-old daughter pleaded not guilty Tuesday in the deaths of her relatives.
- Brattleboro Retreat focus of state fraud probe Updated: Aug-25-15 12:37 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont attorney general's office is conducting a criminal investigation into the Brattleboro Retreat following a whistleblower's complaints about alleged Medicaid fraud at the private psychiatric hospital, The Associated Press has learned.
- 4 years after Irene some long-term projects nearing end Updated: Aug-22-15 1:01 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - The first new building at the still under-reconstruction Vermont State office complex in Waterbury is now occupied by state employees and more are due back before the end of the year. Down Main Street, a new town office building is under construction.
- Vermont high court rejects challenge to Burlington highway Updated: Aug-22-15 8:43 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont Supreme Court has rejected the final legal challenge for a long-delayed roadway from Interstate 189 into downtown Burlington.
- Vermont Speaker Smith announces gubernatorial candidacy Updated: Aug-19-15 5:02 pm
MORRISVILLE, Vermont - Surrounded by family, friends and supporters and standing behind the former department store where he got his junior prom tuxedo, Vermont House Speaker Shap Smith on Wednesday announced he'll seek the Democratic nomination for governor in 2016.
- Vermont police investigate death of inmate in women's prison Updated: Aug-17-15 6:38 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont State Police detectives are investigating the untimely death of a 49-year-old inmate at the Chittenden Regional Correctional Center in South Burlington.
- Vermont official: Ky. prison monitored inmates before fight Updated: Aug-12-15 7:23 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's top advocate for prison inmates said Wednesday the staff at a private Kentucky prison did all it could to monitor two inmates before they got into a fight that landed one in the hospital in the weeks before his death.
- Defense: Lawmaker's trial unlikely to disrupt legislature Updated: Aug-12-15 6:08 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A lawyer for Sen. Norm McAllister said Wednesday it's doubtful the lawmaker's trial on sex-related charges would interfere with the 2016 legislative session.
- The Latest: More charges could take time, attorney says Updated: Aug-10-15 4:38 pm
BARRE, Vermont - The latest in the case of a Vermont woman who police say fatally shot a social worker because she was upset about losing custody of her 9-year-old daughter. Police believe she also killed two cousins and an aunt (all times local):
- Change of command in Vermont State Police Updated: Aug-07-15 2:58 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont State Police have a new leader.
- Vermont State Police considering body cameras, dash cameras Updated: Aug-07-15 2:02 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont's largest police force is considering outfitting its troopers with body cameras.
- Vermont Democrats worry about $40 million Republican effort Updated: Aug-05-15 3:59 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Local Democrats are bemoaning an announcement from a national Republican group that it will be spending $40 million to try to win new legislative majorities in 10 states, including deep-blue Vermont.