- The Latest: Sanders says GMO bill in Congress has loopholes Updated: Jul-01-16 1:48 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Latest on implementation of Vermont's GMO labeling law:
- The Latest: McAllister sticks with re-election bid Updated: Jun-28-16 4:22 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Latest on the sex crimes trial of Vermont state Sen. Norman McAllister
- Attorney: Woman who said senator raped her was sorry for lie Updated: Jun-28-16 4:08 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The prosecutor in the aborted trial of a suspended Vermont state senator says the woman accusing him of rape lied just once in her testimony and expressed remorse immediately afterward.
- Injured hiker carried from Appalachian Trail in Woodford Updated: Jun-27-16 5:28 pm
WOODFORD, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a 46-year-old Florida hiker has been hospitalized after falling on the Appalachian Trail in the town of Woodford.
- Police: Off-duty cop shoots, kills pit bull during dog fight Updated: Jun-27-16 2:11 pm
HARTFORD, Vermont - Authorities in Vermont say an off-duty police officer shot and killed a pit bull that apparently attacked his dog at a dog park.
- Truck strikes, injures 3 Connecticut cyclists in Vermont Updated: Jun-26-16 11:58 am
SOMERSET, Vermont - Vermont state police say three bicyclists from Connecticut are recovering from injuries after a pickup truck driver struck them in Somerset, Vermont.
- Vermont firefighters: Woman's body found at Barre house fire Updated: Jun-26-16 10:29 am
BARRE, Vermont - Vermont state police and fire officials are investigating the death of a woman whose body was found after her Barre house was ravaged by fire.
- Police, sheriff and Coast Guard to promote sober boating Updated: Jun-25-16 8:56 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - The Vermont State Police Marine Division is going to be working with other agencies this weekend to promote safe and sober boating.
- Court hears appeal arguments in ex-lawyer's hit-and-run case Updated: Jun-22-16 6:57 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's highest court has heard appeal arguments in the case of a former Rutland attorney convicted in a 2013 hit-and-run crash that killed a 71-year-old woman.
- Police: Man asleep in car didn't know how he lost a tire Updated: Jun-18-16 3:03 pm
GRAND ISLE, Vermont - Vermont state police say a man found asleep in his damaged car told them he couldn't remember where or when he lost one of his tires.
- The Latest: Prosecutor dismisses 2 charges against senator Updated: Jun-16-16 10:26 am
ST. ALBANS, Vermont - The Latest on a sexual assault trial involving a Vermont senator (all times local):
- Unrelated appeal from suspect in grandmother's murder denied Updated: Jun-15-16 11:30 am
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - The Vermont Supreme Court has upheld the sentencing of a Sutton man charged in the 2010 murder of a 78-year-old grandmother in an unrelated incident.
- Shumlin signs renewable energy bill after long battle Updated: Jun-14-16 12:17 am
MIDDLEBURY, Vermont - Four days after Vermont lawmakers passed a revised version of a renewable energy bill earlier vetoed by Gov. Peter Shumlin, the Democratic governor has signed the revised bill into law.
- Vermont police to crack down on speeders, aggressive driving Updated: Jun-13-16 12:14 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont State Police say they are boosting enforcement efforts to crack down on speeders and aggressive driving through the summer.
- Vermont police clock New Hampshire driver at 107 mph Updated: Jun-12-16 12:07 pm
ST. ALBANS, Vermont - Vermont state police have charged a New Hampshire driver with negligent operation after clocking the motorist driving 107 mph on Interstate 89 in St. Albans.
- Vermont police looking for the driver who hit, killed, calf Updated: Jun-10-16 5:13 pm
LOWELL, Vermont - Vermont state police say they are looking for the driver who struck and killed a calf in Lowell and did not stop to notify anyone.
- Vermont man dies after crashing into carnival ride Updated: Jun-10-16 7:07 am
RANDOLPH, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a 56-year-old man is dead after he crashed his Jeep into a carnival ride in Randolph.
- Logjam breaks, Vermont passes replacement energy bill Updated: Jun-09-16 10:25 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont lawmakers on Thursday evening sustained Gov. Peter Shumlin's veto of a bill that some believed would have slowed renewable energy development in Vermont, and then replaced the measure with one more to the Democratic governor's liking.
- With road deaths up, Vermont State Police cracking down Updated: Jun-08-16 12:15 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont State Police are launching a summer-long campaign to crack down on speeding and aggressive driving. The effort comes as traffic fatalities year-to-date have more than doubled over last year.
- Driver charged in crash that killed 3 on slushy Vermont road Updated: Jun-07-16 4:50 pm
RUTLAND, Vermont - A Georgia truck driver is facing criminal charges stemming from a December crash that killed three people on a mountain road that was covered with snow and ice.
- Texas boy, Vermont police dog bond via viral video Updated: Jun-07-16 12:06 pm
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A Vermont police dog named Maximus is helping a 4-year-old Texas boy who discovered a viral video of the dog chasing a stream of water while its handler was washing his cruiser.
- Authorities still working on 2-year-old disappearance case Updated: Jun-07-16 9:18 am
WEST PAWLET, Vermont - Vermont and New York authorities are still working on the case of a man who was last seen near the state line in 2014.
- Vermont lawmakers may have to return if governor issues veto Updated: Jun-06-16 12:35 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin is expected to decide early this week whether to veto a bill dealing with siting renewable energy projects.
- Police: Thieves stole $2,500 worth of meat from organic farm Updated: Jun-04-16 12:52 pm
MARSHFIELD, Vermont - Vermont state police say they are looking for the thief or thieves who stole about $2,500 worth of meat products from an organic farm in Marshfield.
- Welch hails Vermont passage of drug price transparency law Updated: Jun-04-16 8:43 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Rep. Peter Welch is praising the state legislature and Gov. Peter Shumlin for creating a new prescription drug price transparency law.