- First week of Hubbard trial concludes Updated: May-29-16 11:44 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The first week of testimony in the ethics trial of Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard concluded with a peek at the business dealings of the influential Republican.
- Woman charged with manslaughter after crash kills passenger Updated: May-28-16 11:17 am
LUVERNE, Alabama - Authorities say an Alabama woman accused of causing a single-vehicle crash that claimed the life of her passenger has been arrested.
- Alabama AG to schools: Ignore Obama on school bathrooms Updated: May-27-16 5:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange is urging state schools to ignore the Obama administration's directive on transgender students and school bathrooms.
- Suspended Alabama chief justice sues state judicial panel Updated: May-27-16 5:12 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Suspended Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore filed a federal lawsuit Friday against the state agency that leveled ethics charges against him, claiming the state law that led to his removal from the bench is unconstitutional.
- Alabama Supreme Court annuls its ruling on lesbian adoption Updated: May-27-16 3:11 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Supreme Court has voided its earlier decision not to recognize a lesbian couple's adoption that was carried out in another state.
- Consultant: No direct order to use party chairman's firm Updated: May-26-16 7:56 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - A Florida political consultant testified Thursday that he believed he had to subcontract Alabama Republican Party campaign printing work back to a company owned by the party's chairman, but also said he had no direct orders to send the business there.
- The Latest: Medicaid officials surprised by budget language Updated: May-26-16 5:01 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - The Latest on the ethics trial of Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard (all times local):
- Son of Arkansas governor arrested at Alabama music festival Updated: May-23-16 8:13 pm
GULF SHORES, Alabama - Police in coastal Alabama say the son of Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson was arrested on drug charges at The Hangout music festival.
- Summary of charges against the speaker of Alabama's House Updated: May-22-16 11:43 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard goes on trial Tuesday. He is accused of using his political positions to make money and obtain financial favors from lobbyists and companies with business before the Alabama Legislature. Hubbard says he is innocent. Among the charges:
- I-65 hurricane drill set for Wednesday Updated: May-17-16 8:06 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Department of Transportation is getting ready for the beginning of hurricane season on June 1.
- Man arrested for driving under influence after bus crash Updated: May-16-16 6:22 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A Madison County Schools bus driver has been arrested and faces a charge of driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Jury being selected for indicted Alabama GOP House speaker Updated: May-16-16 4:58 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - Jury selection began Monday in the corruption trial of Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard, who is charged with violating the tough state ethics law passed by the Republican-controlled Legislature he helped bring to power nearly six years ago.
- The Latest: Jury selection begins for Alabama House speaker Updated: May-16-16 12:38 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - The Latest on the ethics trial of Alabama House speaker(all times local):
- State troopers seek info in fatal hit-and-run near Mobile Updated: May-14-16 10:42 am
MOBILE, Alabama - Alabama state troopers are asking anyone with information about a fatal hit-and-run in south Alabama to come forward.
- 5-vehicle wreck in Chelsea claims 2 lives Updated: May-13-16 5:56 am
CHELSEA, Alabama - Alabama State Troopers say two people were killed and two others were injured in a five-vehicle crash in Chelsea.
- The Latest: Stay of execution maintained for Alabama inmate Updated: May-12-16 9:37 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Latest on the execution of an Alabama inmate (all times local):
- Gov. Bentley signs 2 controversial abortion bills into law Updated: May-12-16 4:39 pm
MONTOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Thursday signed legislation into law that could shutter the state's two largest abortion providers.
- Sweet! Lane cake becomes official state cake of Alabama Updated: May-11-16 2:36 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama now has an official state cake: the lane cake.
- Alabama troopers say crash near Dothan kills Florida woman Updated: May-11-16 2:20 pm
DOTHAN, Alabama - Authorities say a Florida woman is dead following a single-vehicle crash on a highway near Dothan.
- Domestic violence charge against Alabama trooper dismissed Updated: May-06-16 10:56 am
MOULTON, Alabama - A domestic violence case against an Alabama state trooper has been dismissed in Lawrence County.
- Bentley says he's not giving up on prison bill Updated: May-05-16 4:17 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said Thursday that the demise of his prison construction bill - that had been the centerpiece of his agenda this year - was a disappointment, but that he "will not give up on this."
- The Latest: Prison bill fails on session's final night Updated: May-05-16 1:08 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Latest on Gov. Robert Bentley's prison construction bill (all times local):
- Alabama passes bill to close abortion clinics near schools Updated: May-05-16 12:51 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - At least one Alabama abortion clinic will be forced to move under a bill the state Legislature passed Wednesday.
- Gov. Bentley signs medical marijuana oil bill into law Updated: May-04-16 6:20 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Wednesday signed legislation into law to allow medical marijuana oil in the state.
- Oil spill bill, Medicaid fix stumbles at session's end Updated: May-03-16 11:30 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Legislation dictating how to spend Alabama's oil spill settlement money - and provide a funding fix for Medicaid - is dead for the legislative session after senators could not agree Tuesday on how to use the $1 billion windfall.