- State lawyers call proposed legislative districts 'bizarre' Updated: Nov-23-15 8:39 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The attorney general's office said alternate legislative maps suggested by black legislators show that Alabama lawmakers made proper choices in drawing new district lines.
- Alabama Supreme Court upholds $15 million verdict Updated: Nov-20-15 3:48 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Supreme Court has upheld a $15 million verdict over a wreck that killed a 13-year-old boy.
- Strange: New ethics advice is 'significant improvement' Updated: Nov-19-15 7:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Attorney General Luther Strange on Wednesday praised the Alabama Ethics Commission's revised advice to lawmakers that he said is "emphatic" that legislators cannot be hired lobbyists.
- Alabama seeks to avoid lawsuit over 'Motor Voter Act' Updated: Nov-13-15 6:59 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama reached a settlement Friday with the Department of Justice and agreed to make changes to comply with the two-decade-old "motor voter" law designed to make it easier for people to register to vote.
- Special election scheduled for Alabama legislative seat Updated: Nov-11-15 5:06 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A special election will be held next year to fill the east Alabama legislative seat left vacant by the death of Rep. Lesley Vance.
- Death row inmate asks Alabama Supreme Court to review case Updated: Nov-10-15 6:20 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A death row inmate asked the Alabama Supreme Court on Monday to review his nearly 30-year-old conviction, arguing jurors never heard evidence that could have proven his innocence.
- Supreme Court blocks order to return bingo machines Updated: Nov-09-15 6:22 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Supreme Court has blocked a judge's order directing the state to return seized gambling machines to VictoryLand.
- Son of Alabama chief justice indicted on drug charges Updated: Nov-04-15 5:51 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The son of Alabama's chief justice has been indicted on drug charges.
- Man pleads guilty to attempted murder of trooper in chase Updated: Nov-04-15 9:12 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Florida man has pleaded guilty to the attempted murder of an Alabama State Trooper during a high-speed chase.
- Alabama lawmaker Lesley Vance dies at 76 Updated: Nov-03-15 6:18 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Rep. Lesley Vance, who served in the Alabama Legislature for more than 20 year, died Tuesday after an extended illness.
- Correction: Teacher of the Year Resigns story Updated: Oct-30-15 3:45 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - In a story Oct. 29 about an Alabama teacher resigning, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Ann Marie Corgill was the reigning Teacher of the Year. Corgill received the honor for the 2014-2015 school year, but a new teacher of the year has been named for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Alabama Teacher of the Year told she's unqualified, resigns Updated: Oct-30-15 3:08 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A one-time Alabama Teacher of the Year says she has resigned after state officials told her she's unqualified to teach in her fifth-grade classroom because of certification issues.
- Judge blocks Alabama from ending Planned Parenthood funding Updated: Oct-28-15 6:59 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A federal judge on Wednesday ordered Alabama to restore Medicaid funding to Planned Parenthood, money the state tried to cut off in the wake of undercover videos shot by abortion opponents.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Oct-28-15 1:44 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers: