- Planned Parenthood sues Alabama over end to Medicaid funds Updated: Aug-28-15 9:41 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Planned Parenthood Southeast on Friday filed a federal lawsuit over Gov. Robert Bentley's effort to cut off Medicaid payments to the organization's Alabama clinics.
- Federal court hears arguments on Ala legislative districts Updated: Aug-25-15 11:07 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A panel of skeptical federal judges on Tuesday questioned a state lawyer on whether voter race was the predominant consideration when Republican lawmakers drew at least some of Alabama's new legislative districts.
- Federal judges to hear arguments in redistricting fight Updated: Aug-24-15 7:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A three-judge panel on Tuesday will hear arguments over whether Alabama's legislative districts were racially gerrymandered.
- GOP candidates court voters in Alabama Updated: Aug-22-15 10:05 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama was once considered a flyover state for presidential hopefuls. That is no longer the case.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Aug-19-15 2:22 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Alabama Gov. Bentley endorses Kasich of Ohio for president Updated: Aug-17-15 5:49 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Monday endorsed Ohio Gov. John Kasich for the Republican presidential nomination, saying he has the executive-level experience and compassion necessary to lead.
- GOP hopeful Kasich lands endorsement of Alabama's governor Updated: Aug-17-15 2:53 pm
Republican John Kasich (KAY-sik) has landed the endorsement of fellow governor Robert Bentley of Alabama, as Kasich seeks to build support for the GOP presidential nomination.
- Kasich takes campaign to Alabama, hints major announcement Updated: Aug-17-15 2:47 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY-sik) is hinting at a major announcement in Alabama.
- Legislature's special session ends without budget Updated: Aug-11-15 6:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Special session number one is in the books. Bring on round two.
- Alabama lawmakers vote to let boards meet by phone Updated: Aug-11-15 5:29 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers have voted to allow members of some governmental boards and commissions to phone in their votes at public meetings.
- Alabama lawmaker starts online fundraiser for state budget Updated: Aug-11-15 12:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama legislator has started an online fundraiser for the state's budget.
- Governor to cut state Medicaid money to Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-06-15 6:24 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said Thursday that he is cutting off state Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood in the face of undercover videos shot by anti-abortion activists that implied the group was selling fetal tissue to researchers.
- Gambling legislation clears first legislative hurdle Updated: Aug-04-15 1:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gambling legislation has cleared its first hurdle in the Alabama Legislature.
- Panel votes out bills on marriage, guns and monuments Updated: Aug-03-15 9:32 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state Senate committee on Monday approved a trio of hot-button issue bills related to guns, gay marriage and the removal of Confederate monuments.
- Lawmaker charged after shooting out ex-wife's tires Updated: Jul-31-15 8:29 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state representative has admitted he shot out the tires of his ex-wife's car during an argument, but his ex says she wants charges against him dropped.
- SPLC adds to ethics complaint against Justice Roy Moore Updated: Jul-29-15 7:10 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Southern Poverty Law Center on Wednesday accused Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore of violating judicial ethics with his public criticisms of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.
- Alabama attorney general responds to complaints on gun laws Updated: Jul-29-15 2:58 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange says several local and state agencies have started complying with gun laws after his office investigated complaints against them.