- Obama faces challenge in forging front vs. China sea actions Updated: Feb-14-16 7:19 am
MANILA, Philippines - With the symbolic handshakes and unity photo-op, President Barack Obama's high-profile summit with Southeast Asian leaders in California this week aims to step up pressure against China's increasingly worrisome behavior in disputed waters.
- Obama uses California's Sunnylands as Western White House Updated: Feb-14-16 2:54 am
RANCHO MIRAGE, California - The guest list at Sunnylands reads like a roster of the rich and famous, from years past to today: Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby, Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and Queen Elizabeth II, to name a few.
- Things to know about Obama's summit with SE Asian leaders Updated: Feb-13-16 3:07 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama hosts Southeast Asian leaders at an unprecedented summit in California starting Monday as he looks to deepen ties with the region's fast-growing economies. But a nation not invited - neighboring power China - will be the proverbial elephant in the room as the leaders grapple with sensitive territorial disputes.
- Obama to push trade agenda at summit with Southeast Asia Updated: Feb-13-16 1:06 am
MANILA, Philippines - A summit next week between Southeast Asian leaders and President Barack Obama is unlikely to deliver any big economic prizes, but will allow the American side to press the advantages of joining a Pacific trade pact that doesn't include China.
- Laos assures US it will help counter Chinese assertiveness Updated: Jan-25-16 9:56 am
VIENTIANE, Laos - The prime minister of communist Laos assured U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday that his small nation will help counter China's assertiveness in the South China Sea.