- Ronaldo practices again, looks fit to face Man City Updated: May-02-16 2:33 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo's chances of facing Manchester City in the second leg of the Champions League semifinals on Wednesday were boosted as he returned to full training, having missed three consecutive games because of an injury to his right leg.
- Bayern counting on home strength to recover against Atletico Updated: May-02-16 7:08 am
- Barca goalkeeper Bravo injured with 2 rounds left for title Updated: May-01-16 7:11 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona says goalkeeper Claudio Bravo has injured his right leg with two more rounds left to decide the Spanish league title.
- Ranieri closes in on Hollywood ending with Leicester Updated: Apr-29-16 1:31 pm
LONDON - The Premier League trophy arrived in Leicester on Friday for a promotional tour. It will surely be back next month with Leicester City etched into the solid silver for the first time.
- Real Madrid says Benzema has hamstring injury Updated: Apr-28-16 10:45 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says Karim Benzema has a hamstring injury in his right leg and is doubtful for Wednesday's Champions League game against Manchester City.
- Sticking to its plan, Atletico Madrid keeps surprising Updated: Apr-28-16 7:14 am
MADRID - It's getting harder and harder to bet against Atletico Madrid.
- Bayern loses 1-0 to Atletico in Champions League semifinal Updated: Apr-27-16 6:19 pm
MADRID - An early goal by youngster Saul Niguez gave Atletico Madrid a gritty 1-0 victory over Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Atletico Madrid coach Simeone banned for 3 matches Updated: Apr-27-16 10:49 am
MADRID - Diego Simeone will not be able to coach Atletico Madrid for the remaining three matches of the Spanish league season as his team fights with Barcelona for the title.
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Ronaldo and Benzema expected to start against Man City Updated: Apr-25-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane expects Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema to start against Manchester City in the semifinals of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Cristiano Ronaldo injured before key matches for Real Madrid Updated: Apr-22-16 9:58 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Real Madrid's next match and is in doubt for the team's Champions League semifinal game at Manchester City.
- Spanish clubs hanging at the forefront of European soccer Updated: Apr-22-16 6:24 am
MADRID - One thing hasn't changed in soccer the last few seasons: The success of Spanish clubs in European competitions.
- Barcelona shows it's still very much alive in Spanish league Updated: Apr-21-16 3:51 pm
MADRID - That's more like it.
- Luis Enrique tries to restore Barcelona's confidence Updated: Apr-19-16 10:30 am
MADRID - Looking to find a way to end its freefall, Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has his hopes pinned on starting strong against Deportivo in La Coruna.
- Spanish league heats up after unlikely Barcelona collapse Updated: Apr-18-16 11:27 am
MADRID - Not even the most avid fans in Madrid could see this one coming.
- Madrid gets City, Atletico faces Bayern in Champions League Updated: Apr-15-16 9:18 am
NYON, Switzerland - Falling short of peak drama, Friday's Champions League draw sent Real Madrid to play Manchester City and paired Atletico Madrid with Bayern Munich in the semifinals.
- Liverpool-Villarreal, Sevilla-Shakhtar in Europa League Updated: Apr-15-16 6:58 am
NYON, Switzerland - Liverpool will play Villarreal in the Europa League semifinals and two-time defending champion Sevilla will face Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Keeping his cool as coach, Zidane keeps Madrid season alive Updated: Apr-15-16 6:26 am
MADRID - The hot-tempered France playmaker is gone. The level-headed Real Madrid leader is back.
- Atletico will be just as tough a CL draw as Real Madrid Updated: Apr-14-16 12:43 pm
- Wolfsburg midfielder Julian Draxler to miss several weeks Updated: Apr-14-16 8:57 am
WOLFSBURG, Germany - Wolfsburg says attacking midfielder Julian Draxler will be sidelined for several weeks after tearing left-thigh muscles in the 3-0 loss to Real Madrid.
- Once unbeatable Barcelona moves on after collapse Updated: Apr-14-16 6:35 am
MADRID - Once unbeatable Barcelona is wondering where it all went wrong.
- Atletico Madrid eliminates Barcelona from Champions League Updated: Apr-13-16 6:50 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar all failed to deliver as holder Barcelona was dumped out of the Champions League quarterfinals on Wednesday in a stunning 2-0 defeat by Spanish rival Atletico Madrid.
- Cristiano Ronaldo answers critics with goals, records Updated: Apr-13-16 11:02 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo is letting the goals speak for themselves.
- Man City ousts PSG to reach Champs League semis for 1st time Updated: Apr-12-16 9:49 pm
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester City has slipped down the Premier League, it has progressed further than ever in the Champions League.