- Bale, Ronaldo ease pressure on Benitez in Madrid win Updated: Nov-29-15 6:19 pm
Real Madrid coach Rafa Benitez got some breathing space Sunday when Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo scored at Eibar to end a two-game losing streak in the Spanish league.
- Bale, Ronaldo score in Madrid's 2-0 win at Eibar Updated: Nov-29-15 5:37 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Gareth Bale scored his first goal in three months for Real Madrid before Cristiano Ronaldo added a penalty to secure a 2-0 win at Eibar on Sunday and end its two-game losing run in the Spanish league.
- Madrid in mayhem heads north to face tiny but tough Eibar Updated: Nov-26-15 6:34 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Rafa Benitez probably never imagined that Sunday's match at Eibar would be a critical test for his coaching credentials at Real Madrid.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Ronaldo stars as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-3 Updated: Nov-25-15 5:21 pm
LVIV, Ukraine - Cristiano Ronaldo scored two goals and set up two more as Real Madrid weathered a late Shakhtar Donetsk revival to win 4-3 in the Champions League on Wednesday.
- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving Updated: Nov-25-15 4:27 pm
MADRID - It's a good time to be a Barcelona fan. Not so much a Real Madrid one.
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1 Updated: Nov-24-15 6:12 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored his first two goals after a two-month injury layoff and Luis Suarez netted a brace in a 6-1 rout of Roma on Tuesday as Barcelona advanced to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th consecutive season.
- 'Je Suis Paris' is PSG's slogan after attacks in home city Updated: Nov-24-15 5:16 am
"Je suis Paris" will be the declaration from Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday with the French capital still reeling from the attacks that left 130 people dead.
- Benitez hanging on at Real Madrid; Zinedine Zidane next? Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid fans vividly showed their dissatisfaction, frantically waving white "goodbye" handkerchiefs and loudly jeering.
- Perez says Real Madrid remains fully behind Benitez Updated: Nov-23-15 3:03 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted Monday that the club remains fully behind coach Rafa Benitez despite the humiliating loss to Barcelona this weekend.
- Barcelona looks to reach next round of Champions League Updated: Nov-23-15 7:17 am
MADRID - Still savoring its memorable win against Real Madrid, Barcelona returns home to face Roma on Tuesday with a chance to reach the knockout stage of the Champions League.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- In Barca's big win, Iniesta wins over Madrid smarting fans Updated: Nov-22-15 8:12 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Andres Iniesta has won it all with Barcelona, even the applause of its fiercest rival's fans.
- Messi on the bench for Real Madrid vs. Barcelona Updated: Nov-21-15 12:05 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi will be on the bench when Barcelona plays at Real Madrid in the first "clasico" of the season on Saturday.
- Stadiums on red alert as football resumes after Paris terror Updated: Nov-19-15 11:31 am
PARIS - Fear and trepidation, rather than excitement and thrills, may grip fans when Europe's domestic soccer leagues resume this weekend in the wake of deadly terror attacks in Paris.
- Suarez says Messi looks sharp ahead of the 'clasico' Updated: Nov-18-15 6:15 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi appears to be ready to play this weekend's "clasico" against Real Madrid according to Barcelona teammate Luis Suarez.
- Unprecedented security measures in place for Madrid vs Barca Updated: Nov-18-15 4:33 pm
MADRID - Spanish officials are promising unprecedented security measures for Saturday's soccer match between Real Madrid and Barcelona following the attacks in Paris.
- Isco dropped from Spain squad because of muscle fatigue Updated: Nov-11-15 10:35 am
MADRID - The Spanish soccer federation says Francisco Alarcon "Isco" has been dropped from the national team because of muscle fatigue.
- With Benzema out, France coach Deschamps considers options Updated: Nov-10-15 12:13 pm
CLAIREFONTAINE, France - France's upcoming matches against Germany and England have extra significance in the absence of first-choice striker Karim Benzema.
- Benzema out of Madrid squad for Sevilla amid blackmail case Updated: Nov-07-15 11:18 am
MADRID - As expected, the injured Karim Benzema was left off Real Madrid's squad for Sunday's match at Sevilla, two days after he was charged with conspiracy to blackmail a France teammate.
- Diego Costa recalled for Spain's national team Updated: Nov-06-15 9:40 am
MADRID - Diego Costa is back with Spain's national team after being left out of the last two matches because of suspensions.
- France striker Karim Benzema charged in sex tape case Updated: Nov-05-15 4:07 pm
PARIS - Five years after missing the World Cup amid his involvement in a prostitution probe, Karim Benzema was charged Thursday with conspiracy to blackmail as part of an investigation over a sex tape involving France teammate Mathieu Valbuena.
- France coach Deschamps leaves out Valbuena amid Benzema case Updated: Nov-05-15 10:05 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps left out winger Mathieu Valbuena for friendly matches against Germany and England amid an ongoing police investigation involving international teammate Karim Benzema.
- Real Madrid beats PSG 1-0 in Champions League Updated: Nov-03-15 5:49 pm
MADRID - Nacho Fernandez scored from a tight angle two minutes after entering the match to help Real Madrid beat Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 and advance to the knockout stage of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Atletico's Torres hunts elusive 100th goal in Central Asia Updated: Nov-02-15 7:33 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Fernando Torres is making an almost 7,000-kilometer trek to the heart of Central Asia in search of an elusive 100th goal for Atletico Madrid.