- Celtics end European tour with 111-96 win at Real Madrid Updated: Oct-08-15 5:37 pm
- Silver: European expansion not likely in near future for NBA Updated: Oct-07-15 6:36 pm
MADRID - Commissioner Adam Silver says it is "premature" to talk about an NBA expansion in Europe.
- Injuries force changes to Spain squad to face Luxembourg Updated: Oct-05-15 1:00 pm
MADRID - Injuries have forced Spain coach Vicente del Bosque to call up three replacements as his squad prepares for its last two European Championship qualifying matches against Luxembourg and Ukraine.
- Barcelona falls 2-1 to Sevilla in Spanish league Updated: Oct-03-15 1:01 pm
MADRID - Barcelona lost 2-1 at struggling Sevilla on Saturday, missing the chance to take the provisional lead in the Spanish league.
- Real Madrid honors Ronaldo for setting scoring record Updated: Oct-02-15 9:02 am
MADRID - Real Madrid held a special ceremony to honor Cristiano Ronaldo on Friday after he became the club's all-time leading scorer.
- Portugal calls up defender Semedo for Euro qualifiers Updated: Oct-02-15 7:53 am
LISBON, Portugal - Benfica defender Nelson Semedo has earned his first call-up for Portugal ahead of the European Championship qualifiers against Denmark and Serbia, when Cristiano Ronaldo's team needs just one point to book its place at next year's tournament.
- Beckham returning to soccer field to play in UNICEF game Updated: Oct-02-15 3:23 am
David Beckham will play in a football match for the first time since retiring more than two years ago, with Alex Ferguson managing his former Manchester United star again.
- Marseille midfielder Diarra earns call back with France Updated: Oct-01-15 9:58 am
PARIS - Marseille midfielder Lassana Diarra is back in France's squad for upcoming friendlies against Armenia and Denmark, five years after his last game with the national team.
- Villarreal looking to keep momentum going in Spain Updated: Oct-01-15 9:10 am
MADRID - Looking for its sixth win a row, Villarreal is the team to beat in Spain.
- Gareth Bale in Wales squad as he recovers from injury Updated: Oct-01-15 7:45 am
CARDIFF, Wales - Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has been named in the Wales squad for the decisive European Championship qualifiers against Bosnia-Herzegovina and Andorra.
- Another record for Ronaldo, another win for Madrid Updated: Sep-30-15 7:02 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo surpassed the 500-goal mark and Real Madrid hailed him as the club's all-time leading scorer on Wednesday, while Manchester United and Manchester City rebounded from opening losses to remain in contention in the Champions League.
- Ronaldo scores twice as Madrid beats Malmo 2-0 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:34 pm
MALMO, Sweden - Cristiano Ronaldo scored the 500th and 501st goals of his career to give Real Madrid a 2-0 win over 10-man Malmo in Group A of the Champions League on Wednesday.
- 20 Real Madrid fans detained ahead of Malmo match Updated: Sep-30-15 2:07 pm
MALMO, Sweden - Swedish police say they have detained about 20 Real Madrid supporters for disorderly conduct ahead of the team's Champions League match against Malmo.
- Cavani in fine form ahead of Champions League match Updated: Sep-29-15 6:54 am
LVIV, Ukraine - Last January, when reports linking Edinson Cavani to Arsenal emerged, the most commonly identified reason behind the Uruguay striker's unhappiness at Paris Saint-Germain was his fraught relationship with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
- Chelsea, hurting at home, looks for relief in Europe Updated: Sep-28-15 10:35 am
LISBON, Portugal - Jose Mourinho's Chelsea has made a miserable start to the Premier League season, lying 15th after seven games, but it's top of Champions league G and hopeful a strong run in Europe's prestige tournament can ease the pressure at home.
- Barcelona to be tested without Messi in Champions League Updated: Sep-28-15 1:31 am
MADRID - Barcelona's first game without the injured Lionel Messi will be an important one in the Champions League.
- Sports, politics mix in Barcelona in Catalonia secession bid Updated: Sep-23-15 6:35 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Sports and politics are never far apart in Barcelona's Camp Nou football stadium. Moments after fans emitted a collective sigh last weekend over a narrowly missed strike by Lionel Messi, the chants rang through the stadium as they always do at the 17th minute of a home game: INDEPENDENCIA! INDEPENDENCIA! INDEPENDENCIA!
- Brazil names World Cup qualifying team without banned Neymar Updated: Sep-17-15 3:06 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil coach Dunga, who will have to do without suspended Barcelona star Neymar as South American World Cup qualifying opens next month, named a squad Thursday headed by Chelsea midfielder Oscar.
- Bale likely to be sidelined for 2 weeks with calf injury Updated: Sep-17-15 7:13 am
MADRID - Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale is expected to be sidelined for about two weeks because of a left calf injury.
- Real Madrid says Ramos dislocated left shoulder joint Updated: Sep-16-15 9:58 am
MADRID - Real Madrid says defender Sergio Ramos dislocated a joint in his left shoulder in the Champions League win over Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Ronaldo scores hat trick as Real Madrid beats Shakhtar 4-0 Updated: Sep-15-15 7:08 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo continued his impressive run by scoring a hat trick in Real Madrid's 4-0 win over 10-man Shakhtar Donetsk in Group A of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Bayern Munich begins quest for 6th European Cup Updated: Sep-15-15 7:03 am
PIRAEUS, Greece - Bayern Munich begins the quest for its sixth European Cup at Olympiakos on Wednesday, while Arsenal opens its 18th successive Champions League campaign at Dinamo Zagreb.
- United and Depay begin Champions League against Eindhoven Updated: Sep-14-15 7:55 am
LONDON - After a season-long absence from Europe's top club competition, Manchester United returns to the Champions League on Tuesday with a trip to the Netherlands to face PSV Eindhoven.
- Reloaded Atletico visits Galatasaray in Champions League Updated: Sep-14-15 7:26 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid invested heavily in new players this summer with the aim of contending for a Champions League title that it was seconds away from winning two years ago.
- Real Madrid coach: FIFA must compensate for player injuries Updated: Sep-11-15 1:55 pm