- France opens door to Benzema after missing Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-22-16 9:55 am
PARIS - French Football Federation president Noel Le Graet has opened the door for striker Karim Benzema's return after the European Championship.
- Madrid says Alvaro Morata rejoining the team Updated: Jun-21-16 1:44 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid says Spain forward Alvaro Morata will rejoin the team for the upcoming season.
- Clement reunited with Ancelotti at Bayern Updated: Jun-21-16 11:11 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich has hired Paul Clement as assistant coach to Carlo Ancelotti, bringing the two men together again at their fourth major club.
- Croatia waits on Modric for game against Spain at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-20-16 3:23 pm
BORDEAUX, France - Croatia coach Ante Cacic is not ruling out Luka Modric for the team's final Group D game against Spain at the European Championship.
- Ronaldo striving to rediscover scoring touch after 22 misses Updated: Jun-19-16 3:19 pm
PARIS - When you're as big a presence as Cristiano Ronaldo, it's hard to hide in the shadows when it starts going awry on the field.
- Column: Ronaldo fluffs his lines at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-18-16 7:02 pm
PARIS - With the lightest of flicks and most aerial of jumps, Cristiano Ronaldo diverted the ball off his immaculately coiffed head, past the Austrian goalkeeper who had tormented him all night. Convinced that another footballing record was his, Ronaldo wheeled around in celebration.
- Atletico Madrid signs Argentina midfielder Nicolas Gaitan Updated: Jun-16-16 2:40 pm
MADRID - Atletico Madrid says it has reached a deal with Benfica to sign Argentina midfielder Nicolas Gaitan.
- Iceland holds Ronaldo's Portugal to shock 1-1 draw Updated: Jun-14-16 8:07 pm
SAINT-ETIENNE, France - A goal from Birkir Bjarnason earned Iceland a shock 1-1 draw with Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal on Tuesday at the European Championship, the tiny Scandinavian nation's first ever match at a major tournament.
- Modric moment of class lifts Croatia to 1-0 win over Turkey Updated: Jun-12-16 12:47 pm
PARIS - When Luka Modric scores, Croatia can't be beaten.
- Portugal superstar Ronaldo takes on Iceland minnows Updated: Jun-12-16 6:10 am
PARIS - There could not be more different teams than Portugal and Iceland at the European championships.
- Bale proves the difference as Wales beats Slovakia 2-1 Updated: Jun-11-16 5:17 pm
BORDEAUX, France - Two weeks on from winning the Champions League for the second time in three seasons with Real Madrid, Gareth Bale played a pivotal role as Wales made a triumphant return to a major competition following a 58-year absence.
- Kroos prepared to take Germany's leading role at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-11-16 5:11 pm
LILLE, France - Since making his debut for Germany just months before the 2010 World Cup, Toni Kroos has quietly gone about becoming one of the team's leaders, and an undisputed star.
- France's Giroud looking to silence "mudslingers" with goals Updated: Jun-11-16 1:07 pm
CLAIREFONTAINE, France - France striker Olivier Giroud hopes that he has silenced the "mudslingers" who jeered him and questioned whether he's good enough for international football.
- Spain loses 1-0 to Georgia in final warmup for Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-07-16 5:30 pm
MADRID - Spain lost 1-0 to Georgia at home on Tuesday in its final warmup before heading to France to defend its European Championship title.
- A look at Group F at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-04-16 6:16 am
A look at the teams and their key players and coach in Group F at the European Championship:
- A look at Group D at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-03-16 1:16 pm
A look at the teams and their key players and coach in Group D at the European Championship:
- New finalists, familiar title contenders at expanded Euros Updated: Jun-03-16 12:48 pm
LONDON - The European Championship enters a new era with Spain seeking to reassert its old supremacy.
- Young players get a chance to shine at Euro 2016 Updated: Jun-02-16 8:46 am
MADRID - Many nations are betting on youth at the European Championship, giving promising youngsters a chance to shine in France.
- Niguez and Isco left off Spain's final squad for Euro 2016 Updated: May-31-16 6:50 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid's Francisco "Isco" Alarcon and Atletico Madrid's Saul Niguez were left off Spain's final squad for the European Championship on Tuesday.
- The Latest: Keane makes it to Ireland squad for Euro 2016 Updated: May-31-16 6:04 pm
LONDON - The Latest on the European Championship squad announcements (all times local):
- Mourinho says he won't obsess about city rival Guardiola Updated: May-31-16 10:23 am
LISBON, Portugal - Jose Mourinho won't let his past rivalry with Pep Guardiola get in the way of his new career at Manchester United.
- Suarez and Barcelona top end-of-season AP Global Football 10 Updated: May-31-16 10:18 am
LONDON - Luis Suarez and Barcelona topped the season-ending Associated Press Global Football 10 poll on Tuesday, receiving the highest amount of points over the season.
- UEFA looks to December decisions to shape Champions League Updated: May-31-16 6:39 am
GENEVA - UEFA is set to decide in December on changing the Champions League as Europe's top clubs chase a new format and bigger share of the competition's billion-dollar annual income.
- High-profile tax fraud cases could hurt Spanish soccer Updated: May-30-16 6:53 am
MADRID - Now that the season is over, Lionel Messi is getting ready to go to court.
- Thousands welcome Madrid back home after European triumph Updated: May-29-16 6:55 pm
MADRID - Tens of thousands of fans endured the rain to greet Real Madrid players as they returned home early Sunday from their Champions League triumph, then packed the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium at night to watch them lift the trophy one more time.