- Defense first as coaches' Serie A roots inspire 'catenaccio' Updated: May-27-16 2:34 pm
MILAN - If recent form is any indication, the San Siro stadium should be a fitting setting for a Champions League final between two defensive-minded teams.
- Atletico not thinking of 'cruel' past in rerun of 2014 final Updated: May-27-16 2:25 pm
- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading Man United Updated: May-27-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United needed a serial winner to restore the team's status as a European powerhouse. Jose Mourinho craved an iconic stage like Old Trafford to remind the world of his rare talent as a coach.
- Mourinho-Guardiola rivalry set to rekindle in England Updated: May-27-16 5:07 am
MADRID - The rivalry between Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola is about to be renewed.
- Champions League final in Milan highlights Serie A's crisis Updated: May-26-16 10:02 pm
MILAN - AC Milan failed to qualify for Europe for a third straight season and club president Silvio Berlusconi is in negotiations to sell a majority stake in the club to a group of Chinese investors.
- Zidane feels 'lucky' to be back in Champions League final Updated: May-26-16 2:15 pm
MADRID - Zinedine Zidane couldn't have asked for much more after only five months as Real Madrid's head coach. The former France great has a chance to end the season celebrating the Champions League title, just like he did 14 years ago as a player for the Spanish powerhouse.
- Ancelotti hoping for some stability at Bayern Munich Updated: May-26-16 9:58 am
LONDON - Carlo Ancelotti's next managerial assignment soon begins at Bayern Munich, and he still hasn't mastered German.
- Plenty of players ready to shine in Champions League final Updated: May-26-16 5:06 am
- Study: Man United, Real Madrid soccer's most valuable clubs Updated: May-25-16 7:18 pm
LONDON - Accountancy firm KPMG says Manchester United and Real Madrid are soccer's most valuable clubs, worth an estimated 2.9 billion euros ($3.2 billion) each.
- Varane to miss Euro 2016 with thigh injury Updated: May-24-16 4:15 pm
PARIS - Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane will miss the Champions League final and the European Championship with France because of a left thigh injury.
- Cristiano Ronaldo OK after injury scare in Madrid practice Updated: May-24-16 12:31 pm
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo left Real Madrid's training session early after an injury scare on Tuesday, but doctors said the forward is not at risk of missing the Champions League final.
- Zidane says Atletico is good at more than just defending Updated: May-24-16 11:35 am
MADRID - There's more to Atletico Madrid than just a good defense.
- Rami called up by France amid doubts over Varane's fitness Updated: May-23-16 10:46 am
PARIS - Sevilla defender Adil Rami has been called up by France coach Didier Deschamps among his list of reserve players for the European Championship after Rapahel Varane picked up a thigh injury.
- From champs to flops, assessing the European soccer season Updated: May-23-16 7:00 am
- Luis Suarez in tears after injury, could miss Copa Updated: May-22-16 10:24 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez' participation in the Copa America Centenario is in doubt after the Uruguay striker left Spain's Copa del Rey final with an apparent muscle injury and in tears on Sunday.
- PSG faces tough task replacing talisman Zlatan Ibrahimovic Updated: May-22-16 8:58 am
PARIS - Famed for his lack of modesty as much as outrageous goals, Zlatan Ibrahimovic ended his Paris Saint-Germain career with a typically brash message.
- Juventus beats AC Milan 1-0 in extra time to win Italian Cup Updated: May-21-16 6:33 pm
ROME - Showing off his ability to shine in the most important matches, substitute Alvaro Morata scored in extra time as Juventus beat AC Milan 1-0 to win the Italian Cup on Saturday.
- For most clubs, Spanish league not about winning the title Updated: May-20-16 8:57 am
- Kaka again tops MLS salary list, followed by Giovinco Updated: May-19-16 4:55 pm
BETHESDA, Maryland - Kaka remains Major League Soccer's highest-paid player at just over $7 million, and American goalkeeper Tim Howard will earn slightly more than $2.5 million in his return to the league.
- Sevilla stuns Liverpool with 3-1 win in Europa League final Updated: May-18-16 7:52 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - Spain did it again, Sevilla did it again and Liverpool could do little to turn the tide as a Europa League title slipped away on Wednesday.
- Teenage midfielder Renato Sanches picked for Portugal squad Updated: May-17-16 4:04 pm
LISBON, Portugal - Teenage midfielder Renato Sanches was chosen in the Portugal squad for the European Championship on Tuesday.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: May-17-16 10:29 am
LONDON - ___
- Spain without Diego Costa, Torres on early Euro 2016 list Updated: May-17-16 8:26 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque left strikers Diego Costa and Fernando Torres off his preliminary list for the European Championship on Tuesday.
- Spanish Football Champions Updated: May-14-16 12:51 pm
- Kompany out, Liverpool pair in Belgium's Euro 2016 squad Updated: May-12-16 7:10 am
BRUSSELS - Vincent Kompany was officially left off Belgium's 23-man squad for next month's European Championship on Thursday.