- Barcelona falls 2-1 to Sevilla in Spanish league Updated: Oct-03-15 1:01 pm
MADRID - Barcelona lost 2-1 at struggling Sevilla on Saturday, missing the chance to take the provisional lead in the Spanish league.
- Villarreal looking to keep momentum going in Spain Updated: Oct-01-15 9:10 am
MADRID - Looking for its sixth win a row, Villarreal is the team to beat in Spain.
- Barca fights back 2-1 over Leverkusen without injured Messi Updated: Sep-29-15 5:22 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona needed two goals in the final 10 minutes in the absence of injured star Lionel Messi to come back for a 2-1 home win over Bayer Leverkusen and take the Group E lead in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Bayern Munich, Lewandowski at top of AP Global Football 10 Updated: Sep-29-15 12:35 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich and Robert Lewandowski took the top spots in The Associated Press Global Football 10 polls on Tuesday.
- Ronaldinho parts ways with Rio club Fluminense Updated: Sep-29-15 11:56 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Two-time FIFA player of the year Ronaldinho has left Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense after only two months.
- Barcelona hosts Bayer Leverkusen without Lionel Messi Updated: Sep-28-15 11:33 am
MADRID - Without Lionel Messi, it's time for Neymar to step up on the big stage.
- Barcelona to be tested without Messi in Champions League Updated: Sep-28-15 1:31 am
MADRID - Barcelona's first game without the injured Lionel Messi will be an important one in the Champions League.
- Barcelona's Messi tears knee ligament, out 7-8 weeks Updated: Sep-26-15 5:09 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona faces two long months without Lionel Messi after its star forward tore a ligament in his left knee during the defending champion's Spanish league match against Las Palmas on Saturday.
- Liga boss: Spanish league without Catalan clubs unimaginable Updated: Sep-24-15 12:51 pm
MADRID - The Spanish league would be unimaginable without Catalan clubs in it, La Liga's president said Thursday.
- Barcelona to face America or Asian team in Club World Cup Updated: Sep-23-15 9:28 am
ZURICH - Barcelona will begin its quest for the Club World Cup title against either Club America of Mexico or the Asian Champions League winner.
- Sports, politics mix in Barcelona in Catalonia secession bid Updated: Sep-23-15 6:35 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Sports and politics are never far apart in Barcelona's Camp Nou football stadium. Moments after fans emitted a collective sigh last weekend over a narrowly missed strike by Lionel Messi, the chants rang through the stadium as they always do at the 17th minute of a home game: INDEPENDENCIA! INDEPENDENCIA! INDEPENDENCIA!
- Ferguson reveals pursuit of Guardiola as United successor Updated: Sep-21-15 9:48 pm
LONDON - Alex Ferguson lined up Pep Guardiola as his potential successor at Manchester United but the Spanish coach didn't call him before taking the Bayern Munich job.
- Brazil names World Cup qualifying team without banned Neymar Updated: Sep-17-15 3:06 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil coach Dunga, who will have to do without suspended Barcelona star Neymar as South American World Cup qualifying opens next month, named a squad Thursday headed by Chelsea midfielder Oscar.
- Florenzi long-range goal gives Roma 1-1 draw with Barcelona Updated: Sep-16-15 6:07 pm
ROME - Alessandro Florenzi scored an incredible goal from near the halfway line to earn Roma a 1-1 draw against title-holder Barcelona in Group E of the Champions League on Wednesday.
- Roma owner believes 'big guy' Dzeko is key to winning title Updated: Sep-15-15 10:39 am
ROME - Roma owner James Pallotta believes striker Edin Dzeko holds the key to winning Serie A again.
- Struggling Juventus visits Man City in Champions League Updated: Sep-14-15 8:56 am
MILAN - Juventus faces a daunting trip to Manchester City on Tuesday as last year's Champions League runner-up looks to Europe to help it forget its domestic woes.
- Reloaded Atletico visits Galatasaray in Champions League Updated: Sep-14-15 7:26 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid invested heavily in new players this summer with the aim of contending for a Champions League title that it was seconds away from winning two years ago.
- Barcelona includes Messi for Atletico match, Pique ruled out Updated: Sep-11-15 10:21 am
MADRID - Barcelona coach Luis Enrique will be able to count on his first-choice attacking lineup of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez for Saturday's match against Atletico Madrid.