- Bayern's Bundesliga title celebrations put on ice after draw Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 pm
BERLIN - Bayern Munich was held 1-1 at home by Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday as Borussia Dortmund kept the Bundesliga title race alive with a 5-1 rout of Wolfsburg.
- Bayern winger Ribery a doubt for Atletico with back injury Updated: Apr-30-16 1:10 pm
- Ronaldo and Benzema to miss match hoping to be fit for City Updated: Apr-29-16 1:08 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid forwards Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema will miss Saturday's league match as they try to recover from injuries in time to face Manchester City in the return leg of their Champions League semifinal.
- Sticking to its plan, Atletico Madrid keeps surprising Updated: Apr-28-16 7:14 am
MADRID - It's getting harder and harder to bet against Atletico Madrid.
- Bayern loses 1-0 to Atletico in Champions League semifinal Updated: Apr-27-16 6:19 pm
MADRID - An early goal by youngster Saul Niguez gave Atletico Madrid a gritty 1-0 victory over Bayern Munich in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Atletico Madrid coach Simeone banned for 3 matches Updated: Apr-27-16 10:49 am
MADRID - Diego Simeone will not be able to coach Atletico Madrid for the remaining three matches of the Spanish league season as his team fights with Barcelona for the title.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Scolari feels pressure in China Updated: Apr-23-16 10:59 pm
Since Guangzhou Evergrande started the new wave of spending in Chinese soccer in 2010, the club has enjoyed constant success - until now.
- Cristiano Ronaldo injured before key matches for Real Madrid Updated: Apr-22-16 9:58 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Real Madrid's next match and is in doubt for the team's Champions League semifinal game at Manchester City.
- Spanish clubs hanging at the forefront of European soccer Updated: Apr-22-16 6:24 am
MADRID - One thing hasn't changed in soccer the last few seasons: The success of Spanish clubs in European competitions.
- Barcelona shows it's still very much alive in Spanish league Updated: Apr-21-16 3:51 pm
MADRID - That's more like it.
- Luis Enrique tries to restore Barcelona's confidence Updated: Apr-19-16 10:30 am
MADRID - Looking to find a way to end its freefall, Barcelona coach Luis Enrique has his hopes pinned on starting strong against Deportivo in La Coruna.
- Spanish league heats up after unlikely Barcelona collapse Updated: Apr-18-16 11:27 am
MADRID - Not even the most avid fans in Madrid could see this one coming.
- Madrid gets City, Atletico faces Bayern in Champions League Updated: Apr-15-16 9:18 am
NYON, Switzerland - Falling short of peak drama, Friday's Champions League draw sent Real Madrid to play Manchester City and paired Atletico Madrid with Bayern Munich in the semifinals.
- Atletico will be just as tough a CL draw as Real Madrid Updated: Apr-14-16 12:43 pm
- Once unbeatable Barcelona moves on after collapse Updated: Apr-14-16 6:35 am
MADRID - Once unbeatable Barcelona is wondering where it all went wrong.
- Atletico Madrid eliminates Barcelona from Champions League Updated: Apr-13-16 6:50 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar all failed to deliver as holder Barcelona was dumped out of the Champions League quarterfinals on Wednesday in a stunning 2-0 defeat by Spanish rival Atletico Madrid.
- Atletico outraged, feels referee bias in favor of Barcelona Updated: Apr-06-16 11:52 am
MADRID - Atletico Madrid players feel there is a referee bias in favor of Barcelona in their Champions League quarterfinal because the titleholder is more popular and powerful.
- Suarez nets 2, Barca comes back to beat 10-man Atletico 2-1 Updated: Apr-05-16 6:57 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Luis Suarez scored two second-half goals to lead Barcelona to a 2-1 comeback victory over 10-man Atletico Madrid in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal on Tuesday.
- Barca faces rival Atletico in Champions League quarterfinals Updated: Apr-04-16 2:02 am
MADRID - The Spanish rivalry between Barcelona and Atletico Madrid returns to the Champions League, this time with gritty Atletico filled with confidence and powerful Barcelona struggling.