- Reigning dunk champ LaVine: 'I've got tricks up my sleeve' Updated: Feb-05-16 5:42 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Zach LaVine came to All-Star weekend in New York last year as an under-the-radar rookie toiling away for one of the league's worst teams. He left as the Savior of Slam after a scintillating performance breathed new life into the dunk contest.
- Timberwolves beat Clippers 108-102 to snap losing streaks Updated: Feb-04-16 2:51 am
LOS ANGELES - Stung by a four-point loss to the Lakers a night earlier and playing the second game of a back-to-back against a team they had lost to 14 straight times on the road, the Minnesota Timberwolves might have doubted themselves.
- Kobe scores 38, Lakers beat Wolves 119-115 to end 10-gm skid Updated: Feb-03-16 2:32 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant has lifted the Los Angeles Lakers onto his shoulders countless times over the past two decades, and he rarely flinches under the weight.
- Wolves' Towns wins 3rd straight Rookie of the Month honor Updated: Feb-02-16 6:08 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves' No. 1 draft pick Karl-Anthony Towns is the Western Conference Rookie of the Month for the third straight month.
- Garnett offers endorsement of interim coach Sam Mitchell Updated: Feb-02-16 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - As the losses keep piling up for the young Minnesota Timberwolves and the scrutiny increases on interim coach Sam Mitchell, franchise star Kevin Garnett is throwing his support behind his longtime friend.
- Wolves bring back Adreian Payne from week in D-league Updated: Feb-01-16 3:11 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves have recalled power forward Adreian Payne from the NBA Development League.
- Durant, Thunder win a thriller over Timberwolves, 126-123 Updated: Jan-27-16 11:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Kevin Durant has had the ball in his hands with the game on the line so many times that he feels totally carefree in the game's biggest moments.
- Wolves' Wiggins and Towns, Knicks' Porzingis in Rising Stars Updated: Jan-27-16 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns of the Minnesota Timberwolves will play on opposite teams in the Rising Stars Challenge at NBA All-Star weekend.
- Old-school Wolves coach tries to reach a new-school roster Updated: Jan-26-16 11:45 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - In his first three months being coached by Sam Mitchell, Minnesota Timberwolves youngster Zach LaVine has endured it all. Position switches, benching, yelling, pushing, prodding, all methods Mitchell employs to mold a 20-year-old in his second season.
- James leads Cavs past Timberwolves for Lue's first Updated: Jan-25-16 11:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Tyronn Lue has had a hectic few days. He now has his first win as an NBA coach.
- Timberwolves' Garnett out with sore knee Updated: Jan-25-16 6:36 pm
CLEVELAND - Minnesota forward Kevin Garnett has been ruled out for the Timberwolves' game at Cleveland because of a sore right knee.
- Wolves snap Grizzlies' 4-game winning streak, 106-101 Updated: Jan-23-16 11:57 pm
- Parsons leads Mavericks to 106-94 overtime win over Wolves Updated: Jan-21-16 12:42 am
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks had to work overtime - again - and won even without their leading scorer.
- Nowitzki out Wednesday night for Mavericks Updated: Jan-20-16 8:06 pm
DALLAS - Mavericks leading scorer Dirk Nowitzki is missing Dallas' game against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night because of fluid on the knee.
- Davis scores 35; Pelicans beat Timberwolves but lose Gordon Updated: Jan-20-16 1:02 am
NEW ORLEANS - Anthony Davis and the New Orleans Pelicans found a way to win convincingly despite an early 17-point hole.
- Timberwolves snap 9-game losing streak with win over Suns Updated: Jan-17-16 7:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A nine-game losing streak mercifully ended, Minnesota Timberwolves interim coach Sam Mitchell carried 6-foot-8, 270-pound assistant coach Vince LeGarza into the locker room on his back and dumped him off to illustrate to his players the weight that had just lifted from his shoulders.
- Westbrook's triple-double leads Thunder past Timberwolves Updated: Jan-15-16 11:00 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Russell Westbrook followed one of his most forgettable performances of the season with one of his most efficient.
- Harden scores 27 to lead Rockets to 107-104 win over 'Wolves Updated: Jan-14-16 12:53 am
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets are finally on a roll, playing the way they expected to - but didn't - to start the season.
- Nowitzki scores 29 points, Mavericks top Timberwolves 93-87 Updated: Jan-10-16 9:25 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Before his team took the floor against the Dallas Mavericks, Minnesota coach Sam Mitchell was asked about Dirk Nowitzki's ability to still carry his team after 17 NBA seasons.
- Smith, Love lead Cavs to 6th straight win over Wolves Updated: Jan-08-16 11:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Kevin Love was back in Minnesota again, and this time the boos he heard were half-hearted and faint from the Target Center crowd.