- Milt Newton's odyssey from troubled kid to Timberwolves GM Updated: Nov-28-15 1:55 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Kent Amos sat in his Washington, D.C., living room 36 years ago, three lost boys standing before him.
- Wiggins scores 22 as Timberwolves beat Kings 101-91 Updated: Nov-28-15 1:38 am
SACRAMENTO, California - For a team that has struggled at home this season, the Minnesota Timberwolves have fared surprisingly well away from Target Center.
- LaVine steps up to help Wolves beat Hawks 99-95 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - No one Minnesota Timberwolves player dominated on Wednesday night. It was different players at different points of the game coming up with timely shots, tough defense or the extra pass.
- Timberwolves host 100 military members for practice Updated: Nov-24-15 3:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves are hosting 100 members of the military as a way of saying thank you for their service.
- Wiggins scores 32 as Wolves drop Sixers to 0-15 Updated: Nov-24-15 1:24 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Through another seemingly interminable losing streak, the Philadelphia 76ers have been done in by some of the NBA's biggest names.
- Timberwolves moving Kevin Martin into starting lineup Updated: Nov-22-15 5:25 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Timberwolves coach Sam Mitchell is inserting Kevin Martin into the starting lineup in hopes of jumpstarting a struggling offense.
- Drummond, Pistons grind out win over T-Wolves Updated: Nov-20-15 11:49 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - It took about 24 minutes for Andre Drummond and the Detroit Pistons to grind the game against Minnesota into a hard-to-watch pulp devoid of fast-break opportunities and ball movement of any kind.
- Fournier's 3-pointer lifts Magic over Wolves 104-101 in OT Updated: Nov-18-15 11:23 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The Orlando Magic learned a little more about feisty new coach Scott Skiles on Wednesday night, and all parties went home happy.
- Wiggins scores 24, Wolves hold off Whiteside and Heat 103-91 Updated: Nov-17-15 11:10 pm
MIAMI - Hassan Whiteside swatted away 10 of Minnesota's shots, and altered more than a few others.
- Conley, Green lead Grizzlies over Timberwolves 114-106 Updated: Nov-15-15 7:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Even with the NBA's worst shooting percentage, Mike Conley and the Memphis Grizzlies kept their faith in the team's ability to make shots.
- Rubio listed as questionable for Memphis with hamstring Updated: Nov-14-15 7:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves have listed point guard Ricky Rubio as questionable for Sunday's game against Memphis with a mild left hamstring strain.
- Missouri's Pinkel to resign at end of season, cites health Updated: Nov-14-15 2:51 am
Missouri football coach Gary Pinkel abruptly announced Friday he will resign at the end of the season for health reasons, adding a stunning turn to a week where he kept his team united when players went on strike because of racial tensions on campus.
- George scores 29, Pacers beat Wolves for 6th win in 7 games Updated: Nov-14-15 12:24 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Paul George continues to pour it on opponents, and Monta Ellis appears to be settling into his new role with the Pacers.
- AP Source: Wolves owner negotiating to sell minority share Updated: Nov-13-15 2:44 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor has been searching for several years for an investor who would be willing to purchase a minority share of the team and let Taylor continue to run the show for a few more years before eventually taking over as the majority stakeholder.
- Curry's 46 lift Warriors to 10-0 start with win over Wolves Updated: Nov-12-15 11:50 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Stephen Curry dribbled across midcourt in the third quarter and went into a trademark crouch as he started to break down Andre Miller.
- Lin, Lamb lead Hornets over short-handed Wolves, 104-95 Updated: Nov-10-15 11:43 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Charlotte Hornets coach Steve Clifford knows that if his team is going to surprise some people and make a push for an Eastern Conference playoff berth, his bench players will play a pivotal role.
- Andrew Wiggins out with sore right knee Updated: Nov-10-15 8:13 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Timberwolves forward Andrew Wiggins was a late scratch for the game on Tuesday night against Charlotte because of a sore right knee.
- Timberwolves blow 34-point lead, recover to beat Hawks Updated: Nov-09-15 11:55 pm
ATLANTA - Andrew Wiggins was hoping he wouldn't lose his shooting touch as the Atlanta Hawks kept pushing to wipe out a huge deficit.
- Wiggins, Timberwolves beat Bulls 102-93 in overtime Updated: Nov-07-15 10:35 pm
- Wade and Heat roll past Timberwolves, 96-84 Updated: Nov-05-15 11:35 pm
- Lillard scores 34 to rally Blazers over Wolves 106-101 Updated: Nov-03-15 12:19 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves cried their way through an emotional pregame tribute to fallen coach Flip Saunders and honored him with a stirring first quarter in their home opener.
- Timberwolves plan home opener pregame tribute to Saunders Updated: Nov-01-15 12:47 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves plan a pregame tribute to coach and team president Flip Saunders before Monday night's home opener.
- Towns, Timberwolves beat Nuggets, ready for Flip's memorial Updated: Oct-31-15 2:37 am
DENVER - Two emotional road wins to start the season for the Minnesota Timberwolves. Now, an emotional day awaits as they attend the memorial service of Flip Saunders.
- Remembering Flip Saunders: Giver of gifts, eternal optimist Updated: Oct-30-15 5:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - For those he knew well, and many he didn't, Flip Saunders had a knack coming up with a little gift, a trinket, something simple he would pass along during a quiet moment to make a person feel special.