- Japan-based advertising firm wins Olympic TV rights in Asia Updated: Jul-29-15 3:56 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The International Olympic Committee has awarded exclusive Olympic broadcast rights in 22 Asia-Pacific countries to Japan-based advertising agency Dentsu Inc.
- Star athletes pitch for Beijing, Almaty ahead of 2022 vote Updated: Jul-29-15 2:55 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Former NBA star Yao Ming and Sochi Olympic bronze medalist figure skater Denis Ten differ in height by exactly two feet. The towering basketballer is representing Beijing's bid for the 2022 Olympics, and the diminutive figure skater is boosting the bid from Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Beijing bid faces same old questions ahead of 2022 IOC vote Updated: Jul-28-15 10:54 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Two of China's most storied winter Olympic athletes faced tough questions about Beijing's bid for the 2022 Winter Games - namely about air pollution and a lack of snow.
- Tibetan groups campaign against 2022 Olympics going to China Updated: Jul-28-15 6:46 am
BEIJING - Tibetan activists and others are calling on the International Olympic Committee not to award the 2022 Winter Games to Beijing, saying China's human rights record after the 2008 Olympics in the Chinese capital worsened rather than showing a hoped-for improvement.
- Almaty offers traditional winter setting in 2022 Olympic bid Updated: Jul-28-15 4:51 am
ALMATY, Kazakhstan - Instead of grand talk about how the Olympics will break new ground by going to a majority-Muslim country for the first time, or by making their first visit to Central Asia, Almaty's bid for the 2022 Winter Games is about tradition.
- IOC urges US to come up with another bid city for 2024 Games Updated: Jul-28-15 2:04 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - With Boston no longer in contention, IOC President Thomas Bach urged U.S. Olympic leaders on Tuesday to pick "the most appropriate city" as a substitute candidate for the 2024 Games. Two-time Olympic host Los Angeles could fit the bill perfectly, according to several IOC board members.
- With Boston out, can Los Angeles revive a US Olympic bid? Updated: Jul-27-15 11:05 pm
Boston's bid to host the 2024 Olympics was undercut by its own mayor, its skeptical public and, finally, leaders of the U.S. Olympic Committee, who were tired of the city's ever-changing blueprint.
- Bach: Facilities and sustainability key to winning 2022 bid Updated: Jul-27-15 10:09 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - The vote to determine which city will host the 2022 Winter Olympics will come down to the quality of sports facilities for athletes and sustainability, International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach said Monday.
- Beijing touts experience, facilities in 2022 Olympic bid Updated: Jul-27-15 2:32 am
BEIJING - Beijing has marketed its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics as the reliable choice, despite concerns about a lack of natural snow, notoriously bad air pollution and warnings about the government's treatment of political dissidents and minority groups.
- Beijing faces Almaty in IOC vote for 2022 Winter Olympics Updated: Jul-26-15 9:22 am
The world's most populous nation against a new kid on the block. A global capital that hosted an Olympics just a few years ago against a city which many people may not be able to find on a map. A Chinese region with few big mountains and little natural snow against a former Soviet winter sports resort surrounded by towering peaks and plenty of real snow.
- Column: USOC needs to dump Boston while there's still time Updated: Jul-24-15 5:04 pm
The U.S. Olympic Committee needs to cut its losses.
- IOC chief Bach arrives in KL ahead of 2022 Olympics vote Updated: Jul-24-15 6:15 am
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - IOC president Thomas Bach arrived in Malaysia on Friday ahead of executive board meetings and a general session which will determine the host city for the 2022 Winter Olympics - either Beijing or Almaty, Kazakhstan.
- Mayor says Toronto will decide 'very quickly' on Olympic bid Updated: Jul-23-15 6:25 pm
TORONTO - Toronto Mayor John Tory says Canada's largest city will make a decision "very quickly" whether to bid for the 2024 Olympics.
- Human rights groups criticize both 2022 Winter Olympic bids Updated: Jul-23-15 9:26 am
Watchdog groups criticized the human rights records of China and Kazakhstan on Thursday, just over a week before the IOC decides on whether to award the 2022 Winter Olympics to Beijing or Almaty.