- AG: Body found in Grant County is missing Wisconsin woman Updated: May-28-16 4:57 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley says a body discovered in Grant County on May 17 has been identified as a missing Wisconsin woman.
- Wisconsin redistricting trial wraps up Updated: May-27-16 7:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Assembly district boundaries that Republicans drew up five years ago have robbed Democratic-leaning voters of their voices, attorneys argued Friday as they wrapped up a federal trial over whether the lines are constitutional.
- Walker releases 82 pages of records following court order Updated: May-27-16 6:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker released 82 pages of records he wanted to keep secret after a judge ordered them to be made public Friday.
- Walker aide's attorney promises appeal of federal ruling Updated: May-27-16 11:11 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal judge's ruling rejecting a lawsuit by a former aide to Gov. Scott Walker who accused prosecutors of overstepping their constitutional authority will be appealed, the woman's attorney said Friday.
- Wisconsin governor's son takes job in NC politics Updated: May-26-16 5:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The son of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has taken a job working for North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory.
- Wisconsin Democrats to debate eliminating super delegates Updated: May-26-16 4:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Democrats are slated to debate a nonbinding resolution supporting the elimination of super delegates, the party insiders who can support whoever they want for president.
- Key Walker supporters to help Trump raise money Updated: May-24-16 3:48 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two of Gov. Scott Walker's major financial backers are now helping to raise money for Donald Trump.
- Walker owes nearly $900,000 from presidential campaign Updated: May-23-16 6:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is gradually paying off hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt from his failed presidential bid primarily by renting out his email and donor lists to other candidates.
- Federal judge to hear evidence in redistricting lawsuit Updated: May-22-16 10:14 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal judge will launch a three-day trial this week to decide whether legislative district boundaries that Wisconsin Republicans drew four years ago amount to an unconstitutional attempt to consolidate power.
- Walker releases names of potential Prosser replacements Updated: May-20-16 2:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - More than half of the applicants vying to replace retiring Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser already owe their jobs to Gov. Scott Walker - and now he could tap one of them for the state's highest court.
- Report: GOP passed 128 measures restricting local control Updated: May-20-16 11:39 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Since 2011, Wisconsin's Republican lawmakers have passed 128 measures restricting the authority of local government, according to the state's nonpartisan budget agency.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: May-19-16 1:44 pm
The Journal Times of Racine, May 17
- Republican Senate leader says election head in jeopardy Updated: May-19-16 10:21 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Republican leader of the state Senate says the bipartisan choice to lead Wisconsin's new Election Commission may be rejected by the GOP-controlled Senate.
- In Wisconsin Senate race, split over new OT rule Updated: May-18-16 6:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new overtime pay rule from the Obama administration is getting two different reactions in Wisconsin's Senate race.
- Trump includes Wisconsin's Sykes on Supreme Court list Updated: May-18-16 4:57 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump has included Wisconsin's Diane Sykes on his list of potential U.S. Supreme Court nominees.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court deals Walker loss on education case Updated: May-18-16 4:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A divided Wisconsin Supreme Court dealt Gov. Scott Walker a defeat on Wednesday, upholding a ruling that preserves the independence of the state's elected education secretary and denies the governor veto power he sought over the office.
- Walker sidesteps education ruling, Evers praises it Updated: May-18-16 10:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker is not directly addressing a Wisconsin Supreme Court ruling that strikes down a law he signed that would have given him veto power over rules at the state education department.
- Supreme Court suspends former New Berlin mayor's law license Updated: May-17-16 11:43 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court has suspended the law license of former New Berlin Mayor James Gatzke for mishandling the affairs and money of a woman whose husband killed himself in 2005.
- Federal judge hears challenge to Wisconsin election laws Updated: May-16-16 4:17 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans were "giddy" about a voter identification requirement enacted in 2011 that they saw as an opportunity to drive down Democratic turnout at the polls, a former chief of staff to a GOP state senator testified Monday in a federal trial targeting that law and others.
- The Latest: Paul Ryan says no timeline for party unity Updated: May-14-16 10:05 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Latest on the Wisconsin Republican Party convention (all times local):
- Donald who? Wisconsin Republicans largely avoid Trump Updated: May-14-16 8:02 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - Mixed feelings about presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump were on full display Saturday at the Wisconsin GOP convention, with Gov. Scott Walker and other officeholders not even speaking his name.
- UW-Milwaukee faculty express no confidence in system leaders Updated: May-11-16 5:47 pm
MILWAUKEE - Nearly 300 faculty members packed a classroom at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee where they unanimously passed a resolution expressing no confidence in the UW System leaders who weakened protections for tenure.
- Paul Ryan's GOP challenger hopes to capitalize on Palin Updated: May-09-16 2:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - House Speaker Paul Ryan's longshot Republican primary challenger hopes to capitalize on a boost of publicity thanks to the surprise weekend endorsement of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.
- UW relations head leaving for real estate organization Updated: May-06-16 5:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin System's public relations and lobbying director is leaving the post at the end of next week to lead a prominent real estate organization.
- No charges for officers in Wisconsin hostage shooting death Updated: May-06-16 5:19 pm
NEENAH, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel said Friday that he won't file criminal charges against two police officers who shot and killed a hostage during a gun battle at a motorcycle shop last year, saying prosecutors wouldn't be able to overcome a likely self-defense argument in court.