- GOP lawmakers propose bill shrinking natural resource areas Updated: Nov-30-15 6:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican lawmakers began circulating a bill Monday that would ease the regulatory path for development on bodies of water, saying the changes would streamline state regulations and boost the economy.
- Republican Gudex won't seek re-election to Senate Updated: Nov-30-15 2:12 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Republican state senator announced Monday he won't seek re-election next year, opening the door in a key district that Democrats are targeting to make gains on the GOP majority in the chamber.
- Republicans introduce bill to shift federal road funds Updated: Nov-29-15 1:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislators have created a bill that would shift federal road-building dollars from local work to state projects, a move that would exempt local projects from federal prevailing wage requirements.
- Republican wants to impound cars if drivers lack license Updated: Nov-27-15 2:09 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Drivers without valid licenses who are pulled over by police would have to immediately surrender their cars under a bill proposed by a Republican legislator.
- Supreme Court: State troopers can stop drivers for littering Updated: Nov-25-15 11:07 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court says state troopers can stop motorists for littering.
- Republicans propose term limits for Wisconsin lawmakers Updated: Nov-24-15 1:17 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin state lawmakers and the governor would be term limited under a long-shot proposal being circulated by three Republicans in the Legislature.
- Wisconsin Legislature focuses on reporting school crime data Updated: Nov-22-15 2:55 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Momentum is growing in the Wisconsin Legislature to require that data about crimes committed on school grounds be more readily available for parents and others to view alongside test scores and graduation rates.
- Wisconsin Republicans defend transgender restrictions bill Updated: Nov-19-15 5:18 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans pushed Thursday for Wisconsin to become the first state in the nation to prohibit transgender public school students from using a bathroom or locker room assigned to the gender with which they identify.
- Wisconsin legislator pleads guilty to drunken driving Updated: Nov-18-15 10:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A southeastern Wisconsin legislator has pleaded guilty to first-offense drunken driving.
- More limited bill to track school crime introduced Updated: Nov-17-15 4:11 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A second proposal to track crime in Wisconsin public schools has been introduced.
- Wisconsin Assembly passes campaign finance overhaul bill Updated: Nov-16-15 6:28 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly gave final approval Monday to a pair of Republican-backed bills that would significantly alter the flow of money into Wisconsin political campaigns and dramatically change oversight of elections, campaign finance and ethics laws.
- Wisconsin Republicans push to lift nuclear plant moratorium Updated: Nov-16-15 4:58 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Republican legislator is renewing a push to lift Wisconsin's moratorium on new nuclear power plants, saying the state's manufacturers must have a reliable source of energy as burning fossil fuels grows more expensive.
- Walker: 'Wisconsin will not accept new Syrian refugees' Updated: Nov-16-15 4:37 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker said Monday that Wisconsin won't accept any more Syrian refugees to relocate in Wisconsin because doing so poses a security threat in the aftermath of the Paris terrorist attacks.
- Assembly sends campaign finance overhaul to Walker Updated: Nov-16-15 2:33 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin state Assembly has passed a bill doubling campaign contribution limits and allowing candidates to coordinate with shadowy special interest groups without debate.
- Wisconsin Assembly plays France, US, national anthems Updated: Nov-16-15 2:17 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin state Assembly is playing both the French and U.S. national anthems to begin its session day.
- Wisconsin lawmakers propose Iran business prohibition Updated: Nov-15-15 1:14 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican legislators have introduced a bill that would prohibit the state from investing in companies that do business in or with Iran, saying the measure would help blunt President Barack Obama's nuclear accord with that country.
- Crashes rise on interstate system since speed limit hike Updated: Nov-13-15 12:47 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The number of accidents on Wisconsin's interstate system has increased since the speed limit was raised to 70 mph.
- Governor signs online driving courses bill Updated: Nov-11-15 1:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that would allow students at private driving schools to learn the rules of the road online rather than in the classroom.
- Chief justice promises to fight for higher judicial salaries Updated: Nov-11-15 11:34 am
MIDDLETON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice Pat Roggensack is telling the state's judges that she plans to lobby legislators to raise their salaries.
- Fiorina praises Walker for trying to create 'meritocracy' Updated: Nov-11-15 1:18 am
MILWAUKEE - Carly Fiorina is praising Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker in the latest Republican presidential candidates' debate.
- Baldwin wants DOJ to review economic agency's loans Updated: Nov-10-15 7:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin is asking the U.S. Department of Justice to review some loans made by Wisconsin's troubled job creation agency.
- Legislator proposes free tampons in schools, state buildings Updated: Nov-09-15 6:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Tampons and sanitary napkins would be available for free in state buildings and publicly funded schools under a bill a Madison legislator has introduced.
- Former rivals Bush, Walker play nice at campaign event Updated: Nov-09-15 5:07 pm
PEWAUKEE, Wisconsin - Jeb Bush and his former rival in the Republican presidential race Scott Walker are saying nice things about one another during a campaign stop together in advance of the next GOP debate in Milwaukee.
- Abrahamson dropping Supreme Court chief justice lawsuit Updated: Nov-09-15 2:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Shirley Abrahamson says she is dropping her appeal of a federal court ruling upholding her replacement as chief justice.
- Suspect at large after crash causes Green Bay power outage Updated: Nov-08-15 12:40 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin State Patrol says a suspect remains at large after crashing a stolen car during a chase and causing a brief power outage in the Green Bay area.