- Upstate NY post office to be named for fallen CIA officer Updated: May-18-15 3:04 am
MONROE, New York - An Orange County post office is being named in honor of a hometown hero who was killed while serving as a CIA officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Former CIA officer sentenced to 3½ years in Iran leaks case Updated: May-12-15 5:28 am
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - The list of leakers sent to prison for exposing government secrets is one name longer with Monday's 3 ½-year sentence for former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling.
- New push to give Pentagon the lead on drone strikes Updated: May-08-15 10:26 am
WASHINGTON - The deaths of an Italian and an American in a covert CIA drone strike in Pakistan - and the rhetorical contortions required of the president when he informed the world - have breathed new urgency into a long-stalled plan to give the Pentagon primacy over targeted killing of terrorists overseas.
- Ex-FBI agent to undergo psychiatric exam after arrest at CIA Updated: May-05-15 5:10 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A federal magistrate has ordered a psychiatric evaluation for a former FBI agent who was arrested at CIA headquarters after a confrontation with security officers.
- Former CIA leader defends drone strikes, torture Updated: May-04-15 2:57 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama ordered a barrage of CIA drone strikes in Yemen in 2013 that killed the al-Qaida operatives behind the most serious plotting against American interests in years, a former CIA leader says in a new memoir that broadly defends the targeted killing of terrorists.
- Ex-CIA official: GOP distorted agency analysis of Benghazi Updated: May-04-15 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A former CIA deputy director says Republicans repeatedly distorted the agency's analysis of the Benghazi attack in 2012 that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans. He also says U.S. intelligence agencies failed to recognize that al-Qaida would rapidly regain strength after the killing of Osama bin Laden.
- Spouse of former CIA Director Petraeus speaks in Charleston Updated: May-04-15 4:04 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The wife of former CIA director and Army general David Petraeus is speaking to a group of attorneys general in a closed training session in Charleston.