- Chiefs expect waived players to be snapped up for first time Updated: Aug-31-15 8:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first year that general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were in charge of the Chiefs, they were so short of quality depth that they snapped up seven players on waivers.
- Penalties keep piling up for Rams Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Penalties remain an issue for the St. Louis Rams as the opener looms. They're 0-3 in the preseason after hurting themselves yet again.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin building rapport Updated: Aug-30-15 12:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Smith was familiar with Jeremy Maclin long before the wide receiver signed with Kansas City, first catching him on television and then studying him on film with the Eagles.
- Chiefs settle on long snapper, waive 11 players Updated: Aug-30-15 11:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs have selected James Winchester to serve as their long snapper, waiving Andrew East and 10 others Sunday as they pare down to the 75-man roster limit by Tuesday afternoon.
- Aaron Murray gets chance to shine in Chiefs preseason game Updated: Aug-29-15 7:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The nerves were obvious when the Chiefs' Aaron Murray rolled to his left late in the first half Friday night, looked downfield and threw a perfect pass - right to a Tennessee defender.
- Playing 2nd game in 6 days, Titans played like 'tired' team Updated: Aug-29-15 6:36 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Marcus Mariota keeps showing he can shake off a rough start.
- Smith sharp as Chiefs rout Titans 34-10 in preseason game Updated: Aug-28-15 11:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs' Alex Smith knows exactly how much weight Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota feels as the first-round pick tries to turn around the fortunes of Tennessee.
- Chiefs lose Wilson, Titans lose Searcy in preseason game Updated: Aug-28-15 8:54 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs wide receiver Albert Wilson and Titans safety Da'Norris Searcy were banged-up in the opening quarter of Friday night's preseason game.
- Chiefs' Knile Davis could hold key to running success Updated: Aug-26-15 4:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - There may be no more valuable player on the Kansas City Chiefs than Jamaal Charles, the game-breaking running back with the slick moves and world-class speed.
- Clowney should be ready for Texans' opener vs Chiefs Updated: Aug-26-15 3:30 pm
HOUSTON - Jadeveon Clowney is expected to play in Houston's season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 13.
- Chiefs dealing with mounting number of nagging injuries Updated: Aug-25-15 5:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have not had that moment in training camp or preseason when everyone notices a player hobbling to the sideline or flat on the field, and there is a collective gasp.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith laying blame for struggles on knowledge Updated: Aug-24-15 5:05 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith, one of the reasons that general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were so enamored of him was his vast knowledge of the game.
- Chiefs' Eric Berry revels in smells of Arrowhead Stadium Updated: Aug-22-15 2:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Eric Berry has made the drive into Arrowhead Stadium on game day dozens of times over the years. On Friday night, he rolled down the windows and went a little bit slower.
- Chiefs hold off Seahawks 14-13 in second preseason game Updated: Aug-22-15 12:33 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs coach Andy Reid insists he has a handle on who will start along the offensive line when Kansas City opens the regular season, assuming a couple guys get healthy.
- Chiefs' Derrick Johnson finally returns to Arrowhead Stadium Updated: Aug-20-15 3:50 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The last time Derrick Johnson set foot in Arrowhead Stadium, he crumpled to the turf without anybody around him. As he stared up at the sky, his foot numb, the Chiefs' star linebacker had a sinking suspicion what was wrong.
- Raiders' line benefits from addition of Rodney Hudson Updated: Aug-19-15 7:33 pm
NAPA, California - Derek Carr was only on the field for two series in the Raiders' preseason-opening win over the St. Louis Rams. That was more than enough time for the second-year quarterback to realize how much better his supporting cast is.
- Chiefs coach Reid intends to stick to practicing alone Updated: Aug-19-15 3:02 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - By the time the Chiefs wrapped up practice last week and headed to their preseason opener in Arizona, it was no surprise that players had grown weary of beating up each other.
- Chiefs' Charcandrick West catching passes, turning heads Updated: Aug-18-15 1:42 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - In an otherwise sloppy training camp practice, little-used running back Charcandrick West gave Chiefs coach Andy Reid a moment to smile.
- Chiefs' Fisher limps off as team resumes training camp Updated: Aug-17-15 7:27 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Chiefs have spent all of training camp shuffling their offensive line, trying to use the competition to figure out their best five by the regular season.
- Fox sees progress as Bears close training camp Updated: Aug-16-15 6:54 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - Coach John Fox saw plenty of progress from the Chicago Bears in training camp.
- Palmer perfect in brief return, Daniel leads Chiefs to win Updated: Aug-16-15 1:45 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Carson Palmer and Tyrann Mathieu have been probably the most impressive players in the Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Chiefs could sit several ailing players in preseason opener Updated: Aug-14-15 11:32 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs could be forced to rest a handful of players in their exhibition opener Saturday night in Arizona because of nagging injuries picked up during training camp.
- Chiefs safety Eric Berry preparing to play preseason opener Updated: Aug-13-15 12:44 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry is ready to step back onto the field for a real game. Well, as real as the preseason gets.
- Chiefs' Charles laments 'rough' offensive line last season Updated: Aug-12-15 2:29 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Chiefs' Jamaal Charles sounded off on the ineptness of his offensive line last season following Wednesday's practice, a rare departure from the normally buttoned-up running back.
- Chiefs hope rare bit of continuity yields success Updated: Aug-11-15 2:17 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs churned through four coaches in eight years before Andy Reid arrived, and far more offensive and defensive coordinators. Each of them had varying schemes and ideas, and the result was a hodge-podge of failure.