- The battle for control of the human breast milk industry Updated: Jul-07-15 1:34 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could trade for 400 times more than t7/8he price of crude oil and 2,000 times more than iron ore. If sold off the shelf, it could cost more than 150 times the price of a gallon of cow's milk and 15 times more than coffee.
- Legislature gears up for summer with quiet and busy spells Updated: Jul-03-15 10:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - This summer will be both a sleepy season and a busy time for the New Jersey Legislature.
- New Jersey assemblyman resigns to work for county government Updated: Jul-02-15 3:30 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A state assemblyman has resigned his office to take a job as assistant clerk in Camden County.
- The Latest: Legislature sends 'swatting' bill to Christie Updated: Jun-29-15 5:38 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The latest on the New Jersey Legislature's voting session on fiscal year-end bills (all times local):
- Legislature approves Christie's low-income tax credit hike Updated: Jun-29-15 2:57 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey residents with low incomes could see higher tax rebates under a proposal from Gov. Chris Christie being considered by the Legislature.
- Changing open-records laws has behind-scenes component Updated: Jun-27-15 10:41 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - If you want to amend New Jersey's open public records laws you've got to go behind closed doors to do it.
- Coalition slams Democrats over NJ Transit fare-hike proposal Updated: Jun-24-15 1:31 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - More than a dozen transportation and progressive advocacy groups are sharply criticizing the Democrat-led Legislature and calling on them to allocate more funding to NJ Transit so it can evade an expected fare increase.
- Budget choreography unwinds as Democrats advance $35.3B plan Updated: Jun-23-15 5:58 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The drama over New Jersey's spending blueprint is heading to Act 2, with lawmakers saying the Legislature's budget will result in Gov. Chris Christie cutting out Democratic tax increases to help make a pension payment.
- Christie, Cuomo back measure to overhaul Port Authority Updated: Jun-18-15 8:10 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A stalled effort to overhaul the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey received a jolt Thursday when Govs. Chris Christie and Andrew Cuomo announced their support for a new measure.
- New Jersey Senate advances some oil train precautions Updated: Jun-15-15 3:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The operators of trains carrying Bakken crude or other hazardous chemicals would have to submit contingency plans for disasters under a bill that a New Jersey state Senate panel advanced Monday.
- Bill to study later school start times goes to Christie Updated: Jun-11-15 6:44 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The General Assembly on Thursday sent Republican Gov. Chris Christie a bill that calls for studying the benefits and issues involved with starting the day later in middle and high schools.
- Assembly delays vote on ban of smokeless tobacco at schools Updated: Jun-11-15 5:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Smokeless tobacco would be banned from public schools in New Jersey under a bill set to get a vote in the Assembly.
- Senate considers measure to allow electing attorney general Updated: Jun-11-15 3:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers are proposing a constitutional amendment that would provide for the direct election of the state's attorney general.
- Bill inspired by 'Snooki' appearance at Rutgers advances Updated: Jun-11-15 1:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Legislation inspired after Rutgers University used student activities fees to pay Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi for an appearance in 2011 has passed a state Senate committee.
- Bill would extend teen helmet laws to ice skates, scooters Updated: Jun-11-15 3:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Changes in the state's helmet laws for teens could be coming soon to New Jersey
- Bill ending authority control of Liberty State Park advances Updated: Jun-08-15 7:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey state Senate committee advanced a bill that strips authority over Liberty State Park from the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority.
- Senate panel approves bill authorizing breast milk banks Updated: Jun-08-15 6:53 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Human milk banks could soon be established in New Jersey.