- Atlantic City nearer to bankruptcy as aid effort crashes Updated: May-05-16 6:25 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Atlantic City is closer than ever to having to file for bankruptcy after state lawmakers' efforts to help it crashed and burned Thursday.
- The Latest: Christie wants lawmakers to move past AC drama Updated: May-05-16 6:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on Atlantic City's finances (all times local):
- Christie vetoes New Jersey gender-equality legislation Updated: May-02-16 6:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie on Monday rejected legislation tightening requirements that New Jersey employers pay workers doing the same job equally, regardless of gender.
- Christie vetoes bill supporting windmills off Atlantic City Updated: May-02-16 4:36 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a bill supporting a proposed windmill farm off the coast of Atlantic City.
- Lawmakers call on Christie to back Port Authority bill Updated: Apr-27-16 6:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Democratic lawmakers from New Jersey and New York are calling on Republican Gov. Chris Christie to sign a measure overhauling the powerful bistate agency that oversees the regions airports, bridges and tunnels.
- Leaders discussed ouster of New Jersey Assembly speaker Updated: Apr-27-16 6:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey Democratic party official says leaders have discussed the possibility of ousting the speaker of the Assembly.
- Democrats seek to block Christie's gun regulation change Updated: Apr-25-16 9:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers have announced an effort to block Gov. Chris Christie's change to state regulations to make it easier to get a gun permit.
- Bill would let Atlantic City end lifeguard pension system Updated: Apr-25-16 3:27 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers have introduced a bill that would no longer require Atlantic City and other local governments to have a pension system for retired lifeguards.
- Transportation funding debate steering toward summer Updated: Apr-23-16 10:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - It could be well into the summer shore season before New Jersey residents and out-of-state drivers have any certainty on whether the state's gas tax is going up to pay for road and bridge work.
- Assembly leader won't back eliminating estate tax entirely Updated: Apr-18-16 1:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's Assembly Speaker says he doesn't support completely eliminating the state's tax on deceased residents' estates.
- New Jersey pols, Whoopi: Say yes to pot for menstrual cramps Updated: Apr-08-16 5:16 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - With a nod to Whoopi Goldberg, lawmakers in New Jersey announced legislation that would loosen the state's strict medical marijuana law to allow women to get pot-based products to ease menstrual cramps.
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to protect shore turtles Updated: Apr-08-16 1:45 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A native New Jersey turtle known for living in salty marshes along the coast and sometimes falling victim to auto traffic during the shore's busy summer months could soon get legal protection.
- New Jersey lawmakers send Port Authority reform to Christie Updated: Apr-07-16 6:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers sent a bill to Gov. Chris Christie's desk to overhaul the bistate agency that controls the New York City region's airports, bridges and tunnels, though the measure is different from one passed in New York.