- Sotomayor to speak at University of Illinois Updated: Feb-03-16 8:46 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will appear at a public event next month at the University of Illinois in Champaign.
- Illinois' new Nike contract has more gear, less cash Updated: Jan-28-16 4:13 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Details of the University of Illinois athletic department's new 10-year contract with Nike show that the school will get more gear but less cash than it did in its previous deal.
- About half of Chicago black men ages 20 to 24 not employed Updated: Jan-26-16 2:05 am
CHICAGO - A University of Illinois at Chicago report indicates almost half of black men in Chicago between ages 20 to 24 are neither working nor in school.
- Ex-prosecutor, football star on trial in wife's 2006 death Updated: Jan-25-16 10:15 pm
A star football player at the University of Illinois, Curtis Lovelace returned to his western Illinois hometown with a law degree, later serving as a prosecutor who held lawbreakers accountable and as the local school board president.
- U of Illinois freezes in-state tuition for 2nd year Updated: Jan-21-16 5:38 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois trustees on Thursday agreed for a second straight year to freeze tuition for in-state students even as they learned the school drew $671 million from cash reserves to make up for the lack of state funding because of a budget deadlock.
- Rauner aide blasts university 'cronyism' amid funding debate Updated: Jan-13-16 10:59 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner took a shot at "waste" and "cronyism" in public universities Wednesday, telling lawmakers through a surrogate that schools should be more accountable for their spending before the state finds money for tuition grants that Democrats are pushing.