- U of Illinois won't block Wise resignation as chancellor Updated: Aug-14-15 8:01 pm
The University of Illinois has reached a new deal with departing Chancellor Phyllis Wise that provides her a tenured faculty position paying nearly $300,000 a year - just two days after seeking to fire the molecular biologist amid a series of controversies, including her use of private email to avoid public exposure.
- Wise again tenders U of Illinois resignation, declines job Updated: Aug-14-15 12:31 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois Chancellor Phyllis Wise said Thursday night that she has again submitted her resignation and declined an appointment to an advisory job under President Timothy Killeen.
- U of Illinois' Killeen wants bonus removed from his contract Updated: Aug-13-15 7:16 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - University of Illinois President Timothy Killeen has asked the board of trustees to remove a $225,000 bonus from his contract of the type that has suddenly become controversial with the ouster of Chancellor Phyllis Wise.
- U of Illinois to dismiss chancellor, rejects $400,000 bonus Updated: Aug-12-15 7:40 pm
URBANA, Illinois - University Of Illinois trustees plan to begin the process of firing Chancellor Phyllis Wise rather than accept her resignation and pay her a $400,000 bonus she had negotiated. President Timothy Killeen instead plans to assign her to an advisory position reporting directly to him.
- Excerpts from editorials by Illinois newspapers Updated: Aug-04-15 11:47 am
August 3, 2015
- UI president defers salary program pending state budget Updated: Jul-29-15 9:02 am
URBANA, Illinois - The University of Illinois is suspending its annual merit-based salary increase program until the state budget impasse is settled, Champaign-Urbana campus president Timothy Killeen said.