- Senate launches initiative to connect with millennials Updated: Feb-10-16 5:19 pm
BOSTON - Democratic Senate President Stan Rosenberg says Beacon Hill hasn't done a good enough job connecting with the state's young citizens.
- Senate OKs overhaul of Massachusetts open records law Updated: Feb-04-16 11:23 pm
BOSTON - Supporters of a bill that would overhaul the state's public records law said Thursday's 35-0 vote in the Massachusetts Senate would provide a smoother path for citizens and journalists seeking to access government documents.
- Legislature postpones discussion of 'millionaire tax' Updated: Feb-03-16 3:45 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have postponed debate about a proposed constitutional amendment calling for what's been dubbed the "millionaire tax."
- Massachusetts Senate OKs bill that would ensure equal pay Updated: Jan-28-16 3:42 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate unanimously approved a bill Thursday that would ensure men and women earn equal pay for comparable work.
- Senate launches initiative to improve lives of children Updated: Jan-27-16 6:20 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Senate President Stan Rosenberg has announced what he says will be a multi-year initiative to improve the lives of children in Massachusetts.
- Legislative leader to outline goals for 2016 session Updated: Jan-26-16 8:54 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo planned to urge fellow House members to wade into contentious fights over charter schools and ride-hailing services in the coming months.
- Advocates holding 'Assembly for Life' rally this weekend Updated: Jan-24-16 9:08 am
BOSTON - Advocates are holding their annual "Assembly for Life" rally this weekend to urge lawmakers to reject an assisted suicide bill.
- Senate backs ban on hand-held cellphones while driving Updated: Jan-21-16 8:35 pm
BOSTON - The state Senate approved a bill Thursday that would require drivers in Massachusetts to put down their cellphones while behind the wheel.
- State senator agrees to repay graduation party money Updated: Jan-21-16 7:18 am
BOSTON - A Massachusetts state senator has agreed to pay nearly $5,000 for using campaign funds to pay for his son's 2014 high school graduation party.
- Backers, foes of 'millionaire tax' make case at Statehouse Updated: Jan-19-16 3:26 pm
BOSTON - Supporters of a proposed "millionaire tax" ballot question are urging Massachusetts lawmakers to back the measure, saying the extra revenue would fund public schools and transportation improvements.
- Ex-Massachusetts speaker seeks withheld pension payments Updated: Jan-19-16 9:46 am
BOSTON - Imprisoned former Massachusetts House Speaker Salvatore DiMasi is asking the state's highest court to restore more than $127,000 in pension payments he says were "wrongfully withheld" from his family.
- Massachusetts Senate to consider distracted driving bill Updated: Jan-18-16 10:46 am
BOSTON - Motorists in Massachusetts may soon have to put down their cellphones when they're on the road.