- Committee OKs bill overhauling state public records law Updated: May-23-16 6:14 pm
BOSTON - A bill aimed at overhauling the state's public records law has cleared a key hurdle, bringing it one step closer to Gov. Charlie Baker's desk.
- Massachusetts Senate to debate $39.5B state budget plan Updated: May-22-16 1:51 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate is planning to debate a $39.5 billion state budget plan that increases spending on local schools and public higher education.
- Massachusetts Senate approves transgender rights bill Updated: May-12-16 5:58 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate approved a bill Thursday aimed at banning discrimination against transgender people in public accommodations such as restaurants, malls and other locations.
- Massachusetts US House members push bills targeting opioids Updated: May-11-16 7:45 pm
BOSTON - Several bills aimed at combating opioid addiction and sponsored by members of Massachusetts's all-Democratic congressional delegation have passed the U.S. House.
- House passes bill to support Massachusetts veterans Updated: May-11-16 6:23 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts House has advanced a bill that seeks to expand housing, health care and employment opportunities for veterans.
- GOP still holds 6 state Senate seats after special election Updated: May-11-16 11:15 am
BOSTON - One of only a handful of seats in the Massachusetts Senate held by Republicans is staying in GOP hands - at least for now.
- Senate approves bill that would OK raw milk distribution Updated: May-07-16 3:08 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate has approved a sweeping bill aimed at promoting the state's agricultural sector, including allowing the distribution of raw milk.
- Senate approves bill asking DCF to keep siblings together Updated: May-05-16 12:42 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate has advanced legislation that calls for keeping siblings together after they are placed in the custody of the state's child welfare agency.
- Transgender pride flag raised at Boston City Hall Updated: May-02-16 5:50 pm
BOSTON - Mayor Marty Walsh says a transgender pride flag raised Monday over Boston City Hall plaza will continue to fly until everyone is equal under the law in Massachusetts.
- Proposal would require insurance coverage for Lyme Disease Updated: May-01-16 4:20 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have advanced a proposal that would require insurance companies to provide coverage for doctor-prescribed Lyme Disease treatments.
- Massachusetts Senate approves under-21 ban on tobacco sales Updated: Apr-28-16 5:56 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate voted overwhelmingly Thursday to raise the minimum age for purchasing cigarettes and other tobacco products across the state, which could make it the second to raise its threshold to 21 years old.
- Springfield councilors approve conversion of city park land Updated: Apr-26-16 6:46 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield City Council has approved the conversion of a strip of city park land for use in the proposed $3 million Central Street corridor improvement project.