- Massachusetts Senate approves under-21 ban on tobacco sales Updated: Apr-28-16 5:56 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate voted overwhelmingly Thursday to raise the minimum age for purchasing cigarettes and other tobacco products across the state, which could make it the second to raise its threshold to 21 years old.
- Top lawmaker cites lack of input on rattlesnake island plan Updated: Apr-27-16 12:18 pm
BOSTON - A top Massachusetts lawmaker is citing a lack of transparency around the state's plan to create a refuge for venomous rattlesnakes on an uninhabited island.
- Springfield councilors approve conversion of city park land Updated: Apr-26-16 6:46 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Springfield City Council has approved the conversion of a strip of city park land for use in the proposed $3 million Central Street corridor improvement project.
- Court says ex-speaker should get retirement contributions Updated: Apr-21-16 4:57 pm
BOSTON - The state's highest court ruled Thursday that former Massachusetts House Speaker Salvatore DiMasi is entitled to the money he contributed into the state's retirement system, plus interest, before his conviction on corruption charges.
- Boston convention officials criticize ride-hailing ban Updated: Apr-20-16 12:30 pm
BOSTON - Boston convention center officials are urging Massachusetts lawmakers to drop from a bill regulating ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft a provision that would bar drivers from picking up passengers at the venue for the next five years.
- Bill lifts license suspension for those guilty of tagging Updated: Apr-16-16 12:15 pm
BOSTON - Graffiti artists and others convicted of tagging buildings would no longer face a one-year suspension of their driver's licenses under a bill approved by the Massachusetts Senate.
- Public hearing set for Gov. Baker's jobs, development bill Updated: Apr-03-16 12:37 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers are preparing to hear from the public on a major economic development bill proposed by Republican Gov. Charlie Baker.
- Massachusetts Senate releases charter school overhaul bill Updated: Mar-31-16 5:45 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Senate leaders have unveiled a bill that they say would allow more charter schools that serve at-risk students while largely maintaining the existing statewide cap on the schools.