- Massachusetts lawmakers back 2-day sales tax 'holiday' Updated: Jul-29-15 8:31 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts was on track Wednesday for another sales tax holiday in August despite concerns from several lawmakers that the two-day suspension of the state's 6.25 percent tax was little more than a gimmick that benefits large retailers while costing the state valuable revenue.
- Massachusetts lawmakers to hold hearing on health bills Updated: Jul-26-15 11:07 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have scheduled a public hearing this week on a slew of public health bills.
- Massachusetts Senate passes bill to prep for climate change Updated: Jul-23-15 7:23 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate has approved a bill supporters say will help the state better adapt to a changing environment while encouraging the growth of solar energy.
- Campaign donations pour in for top Massachusetts lawmakers Updated: Jul-21-15 4:47 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House Speaker Robert DeLeo collected more than $415,000 in campaign donations during the first half of the year - more than during any previous six-month period for the powerful Democrat.
- Massachusetts again debates tuition costs for immigrants Updated: Jul-15-15 4:23 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers are reviving a debate about whether immigrants in the country illegally should be eligible for in-state college tuition rates, and backers of both sides gathered at the Statehouse on Wednesday to testify at a public hearing.