- California toddler declared brain dead moved to new hospital Updated: May-23-16 7:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A California toddler whose family waged a court battle to keep him on life support after he was declared brain dead has been transferred to a hospital outside the U.S., the family said.
- Judge sides with UC Davis in strawberry growers' lawsuit Updated: May-19-16 8:51 am
DAVIS, California - A federal judge has sided with University of California, Davis, in part of an ongoing lawsuit over the university's strawberry-breeding program.
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director Updated: May-16-16 8:56 pm
DAVIS, California - UC Davis has hired Kevin Blue away from Stanford to be the school's athletic director.
- Correction: Sheryl Sandberg-Commencement Speech story Updated: May-16-16 6:36 pm
BERKELEY, California - In a story May 14 about a commencement speech by Facebook CEO Sheryl Sandberg and previous stories about the death of her husband, Dave Goldberg, The Associated Press reported erroneously the cause of his death. Sandberg said an autopsy showed he died of a heart attack while using a treadmill, not in an accident on the treadmill.
- University panel adopts expanded student-athlete protections Updated: May-11-16 8:10 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A policy that would nearly triple the number of University of California student-athletes guaranteed continued financial aid in the event of a career-ending sports injury received unanimous approval Wednesday from a committee of the university's governing board.
- The Latest: University aims to expand athlete protections Updated: May-11-16 2:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The Latest on financial aid guarantees for student-athletes at the University of California (all times local):
- Man without pants accused of assaulting pastor in California Updated: May-08-16 2:53 pm
SANTA BARBARA, California - Authorities in Santa Barbara County say a college student naked from the waist down and likely intoxicated was arrested after allegedly assaulting a pastor.
- Former US attorney tapped to investigate UC Davis chancellor Updated: May-05-16 1:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - University of California President Janet Napolitano has retained the former chief federal prosecutor for Northern California to lead an investigation into whether the chancellor of UC Davis violated university conflict-of-interest and ethics policies.
- Doubts about honesty led to university chancellor's removal Updated: Apr-29-16 3:29 am
SAN FRANCISCO - University of California President Janet Napolitano felt compelled to remove the chancellor of UC Davis after documents contradicted the campus leader's contention that she did not have any dealings with contractors that were hired to bolster the school's image online, a university spokeswoman said Thursday.
- Independent probe of Hawaii lab explosion expected in May Updated: Apr-27-16 7:01 pm
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii says an independent investigation into what caused a laboratory explosion that seriously injured a visiting researcher has been delayed by several weeks.