- Research: California years away from making drought recovery Updated: Jun-21-16 7:58 pm
FRESNO, California - It could take California four years to recover from the most severe drought on record, even if the next several winters bring above-normal snowfall to the Sierra Nevada, researchers said Tuesday releasing a study.
- California lawmakers approve gun-violence research center Updated: Jun-16-16 2:01 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's state budget includes $5 million for a gun violence research center at the University of California.
- UC Davis staff sent to Switzerland to learn image-boosting Updated: Jun-16-16 12:18 am
DAVIS, California - A report says University of California, Davis spent more than $17,000 to send staff to Texas, Maryland and Switzerland to study the digital operations of transnational companies as it searched for ways to improve its online image.
- California Budget: By the numbers Updated: Jun-15-16 9:38 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California lawmakers have approved a $122.5 billion budget that funds state government for 2016-17. The budget was negotiated by Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown, and the top two legislative leaders, Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon of Paramount and Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Leon, of Los Angeles.
- UCLA launches task force on campus safety after shooting Updated: Jun-09-16 6:54 pm
LOS ANGELES - Students and administrators at UCLA are examining campus safety - including concerns raised about classroom doors with no locks - after a murder-suicide last week that left a beloved engineering professor dead.
- UCLA shooting renews concerns about classrooms with no locks Updated: Jun-04-16 12:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - When an active shooter alert spread across the UCLA campus Wednesday, some students found themselves in a frightening predicament: They were told to go into lockdown but couldn't lock their classroom doors.
- Former mentor UCLA gunman targeted had helped him graduate Updated: Jun-04-16 2:14 am
LOS ANGELES - The kindly professor whom the gunman blamed for his ruin had, in truth, quietly seen to his academic success.
- The Latest: Police say UCLA killer took bus to campus Updated: Jun-03-16 10:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on the murder-suicide at UCLA (all times local):
- Third Berkeley woman accuses professor of sexual misconduct Updated: Jun-03-16 12:28 pm
BERKELEY, California - A third student has accused a University of California at Berkeley assistant professor of sexual harassment.
- Suspect in UCLA shooting remembered as good student in India Updated: Jun-03-16 8:51 am
KOLKATA, India - Residents of an east Indian industrial town were shocked Friday to recognize the face of a man they remember as a diligent student as the person who allegedly shot a UCLA engineering professor before killing himself in the U.S. state of California.
- UCLA campus seeks normalcy a day after murder-suicide Updated: Jun-02-16 8:15 pm
LOS ANGELES - Students wrapped up classwork and prepared for finals Thursday as the UCLA campus tried to regain a sense of normalcy a day after being rocked by a murder-suicide that prompted a lockdown and an enormous police response.
- UCLA students struggled with unlocked doors during shooting Updated: Jun-01-16 8:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - In the minutes after a fatal shooting at a UCLA engineering building, panicked students seeking a safe place to hide used belts, cords and other items to try to secure doors they said did not lock.