- Putrid-smelling flower attracts large crowds in California Updated: Jul-27-15 2:45 pm
BERKELEY, California - Officials with UC Berkeley's botanical garden say the garden had its busiest day in more than a decade as people flocked to get a whiff of the "corpse flower," a plant known for its pungent odor.
- Judge rules Alzheimer's project belongs to UC San Diego Updated: Jul-25-15 5:47 pm
- UCLA hospital planning to test new scope-cleaning machine Updated: Jul-23-15 11:25 am
LOS ANGELES - University of California, Los Angeles, officials are planning to test a new scope-cleaning machine after a superbug outbreak involving three deaths.
- Higher minimum-wage proposals gain ground on both coasts Updated: Jul-22-15 11:29 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The push for a higher minimum wage gained momentum on both sides of the country Wednesday, with New York embracing an eventual $15 an hour for the state's 200,000 fast-food workers and the huge University of California system announcing the same raise for its employees.
- Man hospitalized after being wedged beneath elevator at UCLA Updated: Jul-22-15 1:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities say a man has been hospitalized after getting wedged beneath an elevator at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Major cyberattack targets UCLA hospital system Updated: Jul-17-15 6:46 pm
LOS ANGELES - A months-long cyberattack on the University of California, Los Angeles hospital system put at risk the personal information for up to 4.5 million people, officials said Friday.
- UCLA claims $13 million in damage from flooding Updated: Jul-09-15 8:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - UCLA says last year's flooding from a broken water main caused $13 million in damage and it wants the city utility to pay.
- U of Illinois names California administrator law school dean Updated: Jul-07-15 5:22 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois has hired a legal scholar with long ties to California as the next dean of its College of Law.
- Marshall neuroscience chief jumped at chance to hire surgeon Updated: Jul-04-15 2:05 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Marshall University has recruited a noted surgeon who ran into trouble experimenting with human brains using bowel bacteria but will continue the same research on rats under tight restrictions.
- District attorney declines to file charges against Diddy Updated: Jul-02-15 9:04 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined Thursday to file felony charges against Sean "Diddy" Combs for a confrontation last month at the University of California, Los Angeles, where his son plays football.
- University of California sued over sex assault claims Updated: Jun-29-15 7:00 pm
OAKLAND, California - Three current and former University of California, Berkeley students sued the school on Monday, accusing administrators of not doing enough to investigate their sexual assault claims and hand out punishment.