- California bill would create gun-violence research center Updated: Feb-11-16 7:31 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A California state senator is proposing legislation to create a gun violence research center at the University of California.
- Chancellor: Cash-strapped UC Berkeley faces tough decisions Updated: Feb-10-16 5:25 pm
BERKELEY, California - The University of California, Berkeley, is running a $150 million deficit this year and must undertake a top-to-bottom review of expenses if it hopes to sustain its national standing as a premier public institution, the school's chancellor warned Wednesday.
- California farmers reap record sales in record drought Updated: Feb-09-16 5:58 pm
FRESNO, California - A new state report shows California farmers reaping record sales despite the epic drought, thriving even as city-dwellers have been forced to conserve water, household wells have run dry and fish have died.
- Legal expert speaks at SC event on cybersecurity, liability Updated: Feb-05-16 4:15 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A University of California legal expert is speaking at a South Carolina Law Review symposium on issues involving cybersecurity and the law.
- First research links California quakes to oil operations Updated: Feb-04-16 11:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A 2005 spate of quakes in California's Central Valley almost certainly was triggered by oilfield injection underground, a study published Thursday said in the first such link in California between oil and gas operations and earthquakes.
- Lawsuit filed in 2014 UCSB gang rape case Updated: Jan-27-16 2:29 am
SANTA BARBARA, California - A lawsuit has been filed against the University of California Regents on behalf of a woman who was gang raped and beaten on the UC Santa Barbara campus in 2014.