- UC Berkeley custodial contractor investigated for worker pay Updated: Oct-01-15 9:16 am
BERKELEY, California - Federal authorities are investigating allegations that a UC Berkeley custodial contractor underpaid workers who cleaned up after football games and other sporting events at the university.
- UCLA student accused of inappropriately touching young girls Updated: Oct-01-15 8:52 am
LOS ANGELES - Police have arrested a UCLA student accused of inappropriately touching three young girls during a soccer game at the university.
- UCLA, donor's family settle dispute over Japanese garden Updated: Oct-01-15 5:46 am
LOS ANGELES - The University of California Los Angeles has settled a long-running legal dispute over a donor's gift of a Bel-Air house and Japanese garden.
- Newly changed policy allows prosecutors to own handguns Updated: Sep-30-15 8:56 pm
NEW YORK - A Long Island district attorney on Wednesday rescinded a policy that prohibited prosecutors from having handguns on and off the job after questions were raised over whether it was constitutional.
- 2 plead not guilty to murder of UCLA student found in fire Updated: Sep-30-15 12:33 am
LOS ANGELES - Two 22-year-old men fatally stabbed a University of California, Los Angeles student before setting her apartment on fire, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- UC Davis treats dozens of pets badly burned in 2 wildfires Updated: Sep-26-15 6:29 pm
DAVIS, California - Dr. Elizabeth Montgomery crouched beside the cage of a long-haired, black-and-white cat with blisters and second-degree burns on all four paws. She stroked his head, examined his bandages and adjusted the soft collar around his neck that prevented him from licking his wounds.
- Ex-UC Berkeley employee arrested in bathroom hidden camera Updated: Sep-26-15 3:41 pm
BERKELEY, California - Police have arrested a former UC Berkeley employee suspected of using a hidden videocamera to spy on more than 100 people in a campus bathroom.
- Power boat splits UC Irvine crew team's boat in 2, 1 injured Updated: Sep-25-15 9:11 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - A power boat ran into a nine-woman crew team from the University of California Irvine, splitting their boat in half but leaving only one of them injured.
- UC Irvine sets record for largest capture-the-flag game Updated: Sep-23-15 5:17 am
IRVINE, California - University of California Irvine has set a world record for the largest game of capture the flag.
- Woman found dead after Westwood fire was UCLA student Updated: Sep-22-15 6:05 pm
LOS ANGELES - Officials say the woman found dead at the scene of an apartment fire in the Westwood area of Los Angeles was a fourth year student at UCLA.
- Regents seek overhaul of university's proposed principles Updated: Sep-17-15 6:18 pm
IRVINE, California - Under pressure from Jewish organizations, members of the University of California's governing board Thursday called for an overhaul of a proposed set of system-wide principles against intolerance, saying it should explicitly address anti-Semitism.
- Regents to form group to rework university intolerance plan Updated: Sep-17-15 3:29 pm
SAN DIEGO - The latest on a debate over the University of California's first draft of system-wide principles defining intolerance. (all times local):
- Eye on Olympics, Los Angeles proposes sped-up rail building Updated: Sep-14-15 7:52 pm
LOS ANGELES - With the 2024 Summer Olympics in mind, public transit leaders in Los Angeles County have asked for federal help to speed up ongoing expansions of light rail and subway service.
- Groups push university to adopt creed against anti-Semitism Updated: Sep-10-15 6:25 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jewish organizations are upset that the University of California is considering adopting a creed against intolerance that does not explicitly mention anti-Semitism, which they say is a longstanding problem on its campuses.
- Los Angeles prosecutors set hearing on Diddy UCLA case Updated: Sep-09-15 8:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles prosecutors have set an October meeting with a hearing officer to resolve a case over a confrontation Sean "Diddy" Combs had at the University of California, Los Angeles, in June, an official said Wednesday.