- Mathews woman loses appeal over deaths of 2 children Updated: Oct-05-15 10:34 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - A 48-year-old Mathews woman serving consecutive life sentences for killing her two young children has lost her bid to overturn her convictions.
- State Supreme Court clears way for alleged band hazing trial Updated: Sep-22-15 11:09 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court has cleared the way for the trial of a long-standing lawsuit that alleged hazing activities within the Southern University marching band.
- Facing death, Louisiana serial killer loses latest appeal Updated: Sep-19-15 11:44 am
NEW ORLEANS - A man convicted of murdering two women and linked to five other south Louisiana slayings has lost his latest appeal in a death penalty case.
- Court: New Orleans mayor can remain free during appeal Updated: Sep-15-15 7:54 am
NEW ORLEANS - The Louisiana Supreme Court has ruled that New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu can remain free while his overriding contempt of court appeal is being resolved.
- High court rejects lawyer's bid to be a two-party candidate Updated: Sep-13-15 3:09 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court has rejected an attempt by a candidate seeking a state House seat to be listed as both a Republican and a Democrat on the fall ballot.
- Firefighters vow to fight on after mayor avoids house arrest Updated: Sep-11-15 8:31 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The latest developments in a decades-old legal dispute in which New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu faces weekend house arrest because the city has yet to come up with a plan to pay $75 million owed to firefighters. All times are local.