- Delaware lawmakers bow to local pressure on real estate tax Updated: Jun-29-15 6:20 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Members of the legislature's budget-writing committee have caved to pressure from local governments and will reverse a decision to give the state a larger share of real estate transfer taxes.
- School aid formula being considered creates winners, losers Updated: Jun-29-15 11:20 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A new public school funding formula being considered by the Legislature would create winners and losers as it seeks a way to link the distribution of state aid more closely to need.
- Delaware lawmakers continue work on capital budget Updated: Jun-26-15 4:49 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware lawmakers are continuing work on a capital budget for the fiscal year that starts next week.
- Settlement money, nonprofit cuts among Delaware budget fixes Updated: Jun-24-15 7:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The General Assembly's budget-writing committee is relying on cuts to nonprofit groups and money from a nationwide financial settlement to balance a spending plan for the fiscal year starting next week.
- Delaware lawmakers eye court access bill Updated: Jun-24-15 4:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate is set to vote on a bill that could make the workings of Delaware's Family Court system more transparent.
- Senate bill allows driving cards for some immigrants Updated: Jun-23-15 9:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate has passed a bill allowing some living in Delaware illegally to obtain driver's licenses.
- Delaware Senate rejects amendment expanding bail denial Updated: Jun-23-15 6:49 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate dealt a resounding defeat Tuesday to a proposed constitutional amendment allowing bail to be denied for defendants charged with non-capital crimes.
- Delaware governors signs marijuana decriminalization bill Updated: Jun-18-15 7:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Gov. Jack Markell has signed legislation decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana.
- Delaware lawmakers scrutinize economic development office Updated: Jun-05-15 3:20 am
DOVER, Delaware - State lawmakers have introduced a bill aimed at strengthening accountability within the Delaware Economic Development Office.
- Proposal to raise Delaware vehicle fees clears Senate panel Updated: Jun-03-15 7:08 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A Democratic proposal to raise motor vehicle fees to pay for road and infrastructure improvements in Delaware is headed to the Senate floor for a vote.