- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Sep-23-15 4:40 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Bentley signs general fund budget Updated: Sep-17-15 6:34 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Thursday signed the state's general fund budget into law after praising lawmakers who voted for a cigarette tax.
- Marriage license bill stalls in Alabama Legislature Updated: Sep-16-15 5:10 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama is staying in the marriage license business.
- House delays bill to block cities from raising minimum wage Updated: Sep-14-15 7:26 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A proposal to prohibit Alabama cities from raising the minimum wage for workers got heated debate - but not a vote- Monday in the House of Representatives.
- Bill would let officials solicit money for criminal defense Updated: Sep-14-15 6:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The head of the Alabama Ethics Commission on Monday sharply criticized a bill that would let public officials solicit money from lobbyists and others for criminal defense funds.
- Lottery bill stumbles in Senate committee Updated: Sep-10-15 4:36 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A Senate committee has delayed a vote on a lottery bill, likely killing the proposal for the special session.