- The Latest: Witness: Hubbard was often told of ethics limits Updated: May-31-16 1:46 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - The Latest on the ethics trial of Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard (all times local):
- Testimony to resume in Alabama House speaker's ethics trial Updated: May-31-16 5:17 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - Testimony is set to resume in the ethics trial of Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard after the long holiday weekend.
- First week of Hubbard trial concludes Updated: May-29-16 11:44 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The first week of testimony in the ethics trial of Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard concluded with a peek at the business dealings of the influential Republican.
- Summary of charges against the speaker of Alabama's House Updated: May-22-16 11:43 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard goes on trial Tuesday. He is accused of using his political positions to make money and obtain financial favors from lobbyists and companies with business before the Alabama Legislature. Hubbard says he is innocent. Among the charges:
- Jury being selected for indicted Alabama GOP House speaker Updated: May-16-16 4:58 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - Jury selection began Monday in the corruption trial of Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard, who is charged with violating the tough state ethics law passed by the Republican-controlled Legislature he helped bring to power nearly six years ago.
- The Latest: Jury selection begins for Alabama House speaker Updated: May-16-16 12:38 pm
OPELIKA, Alabama - The Latest on the ethics trial of Alabama House speaker(all times local):
- Gov. Bentley signs 2 controversial abortion bills into law Updated: May-12-16 4:39 pm
MONTOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Thursday signed legislation into law that could shutter the state's two largest abortion providers.
- Sweet! Lane cake becomes official state cake of Alabama Updated: May-11-16 2:36 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama now has an official state cake: the lane cake.
- Bentley says he's not giving up on prison bill Updated: May-05-16 4:17 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said Thursday that the demise of his prison construction bill - that had been the centerpiece of his agenda this year - was a disappointment, but that he "will not give up on this."
- The Latest: Prison bill fails on session's final night Updated: May-05-16 1:08 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Latest on Gov. Robert Bentley's prison construction bill (all times local):
- Alabama passes bill to close abortion clinics near schools Updated: May-05-16 12:51 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - At least one Alabama abortion clinic will be forced to move under a bill the state Legislature passed Wednesday.
- Gov. Bentley signs medical marijuana oil bill into law Updated: May-04-16 6:20 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Wednesday signed legislation into law to allow medical marijuana oil in the state.
- Oil spill bill, Medicaid fix stumbles at session's end Updated: May-03-16 11:30 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Legislation dictating how to spend Alabama's oil spill settlement money - and provide a funding fix for Medicaid - is dead for the legislative session after senators could not agree Tuesday on how to use the $1 billion windfall.
- Issues to watch in the final days of the session Updated: May-02-16 8:03 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers on Tuesday begin the final two days of the legislative session with some major decisions before them. Lawmakers plan to meet Tuesday and then adjourn the session Wednesday. Here are three issues to watch in the 2016 session's final hours.