- New Mexico Dem leader unsure on GOP driver's license fix Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico House Minority Leader Brian Egolf says he's not ready to support a GOP-sponsored proposal creating a "two-tier" driver's license system modeled after Utah.
- Roswell lawmaker to reintroduce daylight saving time bill Updated: Nov-22-15 5:00 am
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A New Mexico lawmaker says he plans to reintroduce legislation that would allow the state to maintain the same time all year.
- New Mexico state senator says money taken from her accounts Updated: Nov-19-15 10:22 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - New Mexico's highest-ranking state senator has confirmed that money is missing from her Senate and campaign accounts and says personal items have also been taken from her home.
- New Mexico lawmakers warn agencies of belt tightening Updated: Nov-17-15 8:11 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A key legislator warned Tuesday that New Mexico could be headed into another financial storm thanks to growing spending pressures and slumping oil and gas prices that have resulted in weaker revenues.
- ACLU urges 'smart justice' on New Mexico public safety bills Updated: Nov-11-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico is urging state lawmakers to think through various public safety proposals and consider their possible effects on civil rights.
- New Mexico GOP Majority Leader eyes criminal justice changes Updated: Nov-09-15 5:02 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - House Majority Leader Nate Gentry wants state lawmakers to take up new criminal justice measures amid a string of high-profile crimes involving repeat offenders and he is promising to quickly push the bills himself.
- GOP lawmaker eyes Utah driver's license model for New Mexico Updated: Nov-03-15 6:04 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A Republican lawmaker who has previously sought to repeal New Mexico's immigrant driver's license law said he will propose a bill next session modeled after one in Utah that allows foreign nationals to have "driving privilege cards."
- Governor: No special session on REAL ID in New Mexico Updated: Nov-02-15 2:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez's office says she won't call a special legislative session to fix the state's noncompliance with the federal REAL ID Act.
- New Mexico lawmakers worry about climbing Medicaid costs Updated: Oct-28-15 12:05 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The price tag for providing health care to hundreds of thousands of low-income New Mexicans is rising, and state lawmakers said Tuesday they are concerned future costs will be unsustainable as they work to balance the budget.