- South Carolina's Shawn Elliott struggles with interim role Updated: Nov-26-15 11:46 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Interim South Carolina coach Shawn Elliott wanted his six-game tryout to end Saturday like the head coach on the other sideline - fans chanting his name and an athletic director eager to give him the job full-time.
- Iron Bowl, Egg Bowl among premium matchups in the SEC Updated: Nov-26-15 4:06 am
Here are some things to watch during the final week of the regular season in the Southeastern Conference:
- Pressure Cooker: SEC coaches face unyielding pressure to win Updated: Nov-25-15 11:34 am
LSU's Les Miles won't read papers or watch TV this week prepping for Texas A&M.
- South Carolina stunned by The Citadel in 23-22 loss Updated: Nov-21-15 6:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Seconds after South Carolina's Pharoh Cooper crossed into the end zone capping what appeared to be a game-winning 94-yard touchdown catch on fourth down, the giant video board switched to a shot of grass with a big splash of yellow.
- Citadel stuns big brother South Carolina in 23-22 upset Updated: Nov-21-15 5:26 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Citadel running back who scored the deciding touchdown against South Carolina used to sell peanuts during Gamecocks' games in high school. The kicker who kicked a career-long 48-yard field goal in the fourth quarter is prepping for an Army career just like his grandfathers.
- USC, Clemson facing off in annual blood drive before game Updated: Nov-18-15 4:02 am
- Elliott: Finally winning again is motivation for S. Carolina Updated: Nov-17-15 3:04 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina interim coach Shawn Elliott says his team has a simple motivation against lower division Citadel this weekend. His Gamecocks just want to feel what it is like to be a winner again.
- South Carolina rally falls short in loss to No. 11 Florida Updated: Nov-14-15 5:14 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Shawn Elliott saw the same thing play out Saturday as it did the previous two weeks: A slow start, a dramatic comeback and ultimately, disappointment.
- No. 11 Florida holds off South Carolina 24-14 Updated: Nov-14-15 4:48 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Coach Jim McElwain is glad his 11th-ranked Florida Gators are learning to succeed - by trying very hard.
- Florida enters 'uncharted waters' after clinching SEC East Updated: Nov-12-15 4:41 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida got a reality check against Vanderbilt last week.
- Jersey auction raises $101,000 for SC flood victims Updated: Nov-10-15 4:45 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A package of football items that included the signed jersey of LSU running back Leonard Fournette has raised more than $100,000 for flood victims in South Carolina.
- Elliott offers condolences to late officer's family Updated: Nov-10-15 12:50 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina coach Shawn Elliott offered the football team's condolences for Columbia Police Officer Stacy Case.
- Spurrier says he won't attend Florida-South Carolina game Updated: Nov-09-15 3:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former South Carolina and Florida coach Steve Spurrier said he will not attend Saturday's contest between the Gamecocks and the No. 11 Gators.
- Late fumble preserves Vols' 27-24 win over South Carolina Updated: Nov-07-15 8:48 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Butch Jones wasn't complaining even after his team allowed a 17-point lead to turn into a narrow escape.
- USC students schedule 24-hour blitz to market nonprofits Updated: Nov-06-15 4:02 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Several South Carolina nonprofit organizations are getting help polishing their messages through a 24-hour work blitz with University of South Carolina marketing students and their mentors.
- Freshman Murray leads Texas A&M in 35-28 win over S Carolina Updated: Oct-31-15 5:28 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Highly touted true freshman quarterback Kyler Murray looked at ease in his first start as Texas A&M's quarterback with big runs and sharp decisions throwing the ball.
- Ex-record setter Lattimore on search advisory panel Updated: Oct-30-15 12:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina touchdown record holder Marcus Lattimore is on the seven-person advisory panel helping athletic director Ray Tanner find a permanent football replacement for Steve Spurrier.