- British police: 24-hour alcohol bans in Lens for Euro 2016 Updated: May-24-16 1:53 pm
LONDON - French authorities plan to impose 24-hour alcohol bans in the center of Lens when the city hosts European Championship games and ticketless fans are being urged to stay away from the small northern city, British police said Tuesday.
- France to face Italy in friendly match next September Updated: May-13-16 6:37 am
PARIS - France will warm up for its World Cup qualifying campaign with a friendly match against Italy next September.
- Ben Arfa left out France squad for Euro 2016 Updated: May-12-16 5:13 pm
PARIS - In-form Nice winger Hatem Ben Arfa was left out of the France squad for the European Championship as coach Didier Deschamps unveiled a 23-man squad with no surprise inclusions on Thursday.
- Man United loses to West Ham after team bus attacked Updated: May-10-16 9:57 pm
LONDON - Manchester United's hopes of Champions League football took a hit on Tuesday in a 3-2 defeat at West Ham that followed an attack on the visiting team's bus as it arrived for the match.
- Column: Up next for Leicester: "Multiple traps," coach warns Updated: May-06-16 10:55 am
PARIS - Claudio Ranieri and his Leicester players should cherish the moment of lifting the Premier League trophy. Because the histories of other modest clubs that surpassed themselves suggest that the fortunes of the odds-beating Foxes could plunge sharply from here.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.