- Benzema's France career in jeopardy as Valbuena speaks out Updated: Nov-27-15 10:43 am
PARIS - Karim Benzema's place on France's national soccer team could be in jeopardy.
- French and Russian authorities to increase fan zone security Updated: Nov-24-15 9:16 am
PARIS - French and Russian authorities plan to increase security at fan zones at next year's European Championship and the 2018 World Cup following the attacks in Paris.
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Prince Ali: Violence shouldn't force soccer out of countries Updated: Nov-18-15 1:06 pm
LONDON - Violence should not force teams to play matches outside their home countries, FIFA presidential candidate Prince Ali bin al-Hussein said Wednesday.
- French national team to play England in act of defiance Updated: Nov-16-15 4:33 pm
LONDON - The Wembley Arch will be illuminated in the red, white and blue of the French flag. The French motto, "Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite" will be projected onto the front of the stadium. The words of "La Marseillaise," France's national anthem, will be shown on giant screens so that England fans can sing along with their French counterparts.
- Euro 2016 chief pledges to protect fans after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-15-15 12:29 pm
PARIS - Nervous fans planning to attend next year's European soccer championship in 10 cities across France got a guarantee Sunday from the president of the organizing committee that security will come above everything.
- Germany back home after Paris terror attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 11:55 am
BERLIN - Germany players were given the day off on arriving home on Saturday after spending the night at the Stade de France because of the terror attacks in Paris.
- The Latest: Top officials heading to Paris concert hall Updated: Nov-13-15 7:28 pm
PARIS - The latest on shootings and explosions in Paris. (all times local):
- German national team back in Paris hotel after bomb scare Updated: Nov-13-15 8:59 am
PARIS - Germany's national soccer team returned to its hotel in western Paris after being evacuated following a bomb threat on Friday morning.
- With Benzema out, France coach Deschamps considers options Updated: Nov-10-15 12:13 pm
CLAIREFONTAINE, France - France's upcoming matches against Germany and England have extra significance in the absence of first-choice striker Karim Benzema.
- Striker Mario Gomez recalled to German national team Updated: Nov-06-15 12:36 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Striker Mario Gomez has been recalled for Germany for the friendlies against France and the Netherlands, with coach Joachim Loew also calling up Schalke teenager Leroy Sane for the first time.
- France striker Karim Benzema charged in sex tape case Updated: Nov-05-15 4:07 pm
PARIS - Five years after missing the World Cup amid his involvement in a prostitution probe, Karim Benzema was charged Thursday with conspiracy to blackmail as part of an investigation over a sex tape involving France teammate Mathieu Valbuena.