- Hamels' control eludes him, Rangers fall to Angels 9-6 Updated: May-01-16 8:39 pm
- Calhoun helps Angels stop Rangers' 4-game winning string Updated: May-01-16 8:24 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Los Angeles Angels' bullpen responded in a big way when it got an early call Sunday.
- Angels option Shoemaker to Triple-A; gave up 7 runs in 2 1/3 Updated: May-01-16 1:56 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Los Angeles Angels have optioned right-handed starter Matt Shoemaker to Triple-A Salt Lake in one of five roster moves Sunday.
- Angels overturned again in 7-2 loss at Rangers Updated: May-01-16 12:35 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Upon further review, the Los Angeles Angels again failed to get a break and lost another game in Texas.
- Rangers' Yu Darvish ready to make first rehab start Sunday Updated: Apr-29-16 6:57 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Texas Rangers right-hander Yu Darvish has a simple goal in his first rehab start on Sunday after last year's Tommy John surgery.
- Angels put closer Street on 15-day DL with oblique strain Updated: Apr-28-16 6:26 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Los Angeles Angels closer Huston Street has been placed on the 15-day disabled list due to a strained left oblique muscle.
- Angels lose Street, but complete sweep of Royals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels lost closer Huston Street because of a pregame injury, and that put a damper on their three-game sweep of the defending World Series champions.
- Miley posts his 1st win for Mariners, beats Pujols, Angels Updated: Apr-24-16 8:01 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Wade Miley overcame his first-inning struggles. The same can't be said for Matt Shoemaker.
- Mariners ace Felix Hernandez scratched due to illness Updated: Apr-22-16 5:36 pm
- Trout homers, reaches 4 times as Angels beat White Sox 3-2 Updated: Apr-21-16 6:53 pm
CHICAGO - Jered Weaver received plenty of scrutiny as hip, neck and flexibility problems lowered his fastball velocity to 78 mph during a miserable spring training.
- White Sox recall RHP Erik Johnson to help overworked bullpen Updated: Apr-19-16 3:13 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have recalled right-hander Erik Johnson from Triple-A Charlotte to help an overworked bullpen.
- Twins place Trevor Plouffe on DL with intercostal strain Updated: Apr-19-16 1:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins have placed third baseman Trevor Plouffe on the 15-day disabled list with a right intercostal strain.
- Arcia's hit in the 12th lifts Twins over Angels 3-2 Updated: Apr-17-16 7:26 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A season of exile in the minor leagues left Oswaldo Arcia searching for ways to get back in the Minnesota Twins' good graces.
- Angels place OF Nava on DL with left knee injury Updated: Apr-16-16 1:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The L.A. Angels placed reserve outfielder Daniel Nava on the disabled list Saturday with tendinitis in his left knee.
- Shoemaker, Angels beat Athletics for 4th straight win Updated: Apr-13-16 8:00 pm
OAKLAND, California - All it took was a different mindset for Matt Shoemaker's dramatic turnaround from his last start. Now he's looking to continue the trend.
- Angels reliever Joe Smith stuns Stephen Curry in PIG game Updated: Apr-12-16 8:28 pm
OAKLAND, California - Joe Smith made a blind, backward, over-the-head free throw that Stephen Curry couldn't match. Then, the Angels relief pitcher stymied the reigning NBA MVP on a left-handed 3-pointer and had suddenly beaten arguably the world's best basketball player at a good-natured game of PIG.
- Angels' Weaver beats Rangers in season debut 3-1 Updated: Apr-10-16 7:53 pm
ANAHEIM, California - It sounds as if a delayed start to the season for Jered Weaver was a wise call.
- Angels put lefty Andrew Heaney on DL with arm muscle strain Updated: Apr-06-16 6:39 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels placed left-hander Andrew Heaney on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday with a flexor muscle strain, adding another setback to their rough two-game start to the season.
- Heaney can't stop the bleeding, Angels lose 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Apr-06-16 3:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Andrew Heaney had to make a pit stop in the dugout after throwing his first pitch of the second inning because his nose was bleeding.
- Cubs hit 3 homers for Lester in 6-1 win over Angels Updated: Apr-06-16 2:08 am
ANAHEIM, California - Last season, Jon Lester brought to the Chicago Cubs an impressive resume that included the two World Series rings he won with the Boston Red Sox in 2007 and 2013.
- Former World Series MVP Freese fitting in with Pirates Updated: Apr-04-16 5:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - The fairy tale, the one where David Freese morphed from couch-sleeping role player to World Series MVP for his hometown team, is over.
- Pujols homers, Trout hits 3-run double as Angels top Dodgers Updated: Apr-03-16 12:36 am
- Santiago sharp for Angels in 5-1 win over Dodgers Updated: Apr-02-16 2:11 am