- Chacin wins duel with Verlander, Angels top Tigers 5-1 Updated: May-31-16 1:09 am
ANAHEIM, California - Over the first 4 1/2 innings at Angel Stadium, Jhoulys Chacin and Justin Verlander retired all 27 batters they faced. They kept trading zeros deep into the eighth inning of a scintillating pitchers' duel.
- Street rejoins Angels; Morin sent to minors, Guerra dropped Updated: May-30-16 7:36 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels have reinstated closer Huston Street from the disabled list.
- Angels strand 14 on maddening day, lose 8-6 to Astros in 13 Updated: May-29-16 10:06 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels played their longest game of the year by many measures Sunday, from innings and clock time to their complete, compounded frustration at the plate.
- Correa's HR in 13th puts Astros past Angels 8-6 Updated: May-29-16 9:31 pm
- Pelfrey loses despite not allowing an earned run Updated: May-29-16 8:41 pm
OAKLAND, California - Mike Pelfrey can point to a lot of good things that happened Sunday. He's not going to point a finger at Ian Kinsler though.
- Angels 3B Escobar leaves with injury after fielding grounder Updated: May-29-16 6:41 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Third baseman Yunel Escobar has left the Los Angeles Angels' game against the Houston Astros in the third inning after bruising his left wrist while fielding a grounder Sunday.
- Mazara hits long homer as Rangers beat Angels 15-9 Updated: May-25-16 7:22 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Like Rougned Odor before him, Nomar Mazara is having an impact for the Texas Rangers as the youngest player in the major leagues.
- Warriors could join list of teams that flopped in playoffs Updated: May-25-16 4:28 pm
Despite finishing the regular season with a record-breaking 73 wins, the Golden State Warriors find themselves one game away from playoff elimination. Down 3-1 against the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals after a 118-94 road loss Tuesday night, the defending NBA champions will have to win three straight games to advance. Golden State would join a list of dominant regular season teams that were eliminated without reaching the finals. Teams like the undefeated 2007 Patriots, who lost after advancing to the Super Bowl, were not included.
- Rangers encouraged by Holland's outing in 2-0 loss to Angels Updated: May-24-16 1:06 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Derek Holland was encouraged after one of his best outings of the season. The Rangers were even happier that they'll get their former ace, Yu Darvish, on the mound Saturday.
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 Updated: May-22-16 7:45 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Jered Weaver didn't throw a pitch faster than 85 mph Sunday.
- Angels starter Santiago ejected for gesturing to umpire Updated: May-20-16 11:15 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Angels starter Hector Santiago has been ejected after gesturing to the home plate umpire in the third inning against Baltimore.
- Tim Lincecum signs $2.5 million, 1-year deal with Angels Updated: May-20-16 8:24 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ravaged by injuries, the Los Angeles Angels are taking a chance on Tim Lincecum, the two-time NL Cy Young Award winner who is coming off major hip surgery and looking to regain his career.
- Trout homers again, Angels beat Dodgers 7-4 Updated: May-20-16 2:30 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Angels are rising right along with Mike Trout's batting average a month after both of them were scuffling.
- Geovany Soto goes on DL; 10th injured player for Angels Updated: May-18-16 9:12 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Catcher Geovany Soto is going on the disabled list with a torn right meniscus, giving the Los Angeles Angels 10 injured players.
- Kershaw strikes out 11 in Dodgers' 5-1 win over Angels Updated: May-18-16 1:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Playing behind Clayton Kershaw can get a little dull when the Dodgers' ace is mowing down the opposition, something he does a lot lately.
- Angels' Garrett Richards has stem-cell injection in elbow Updated: May-16-16 10:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Angels pitcher Garrett Richards had a stem-cell injection in his right elbow on Monday.
- Santiago, Angels complete sweep of Mariners with 3-0 win Updated: May-15-16 8:23 pm
SEATTLE - The Los Angeles Angels are not in a position to be picky about the ways they pulled off an unlikely three-game sweep.
- Angels' rally falls short as Cardinals complete sweep Updated: May-13-16 3:31 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels have fallen so far, they've now been reduced to seeking moral victories.
- Holliday homers twice, Cardinals complete sweep of Angels Updated: May-13-16 3:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The St. Louis Cardinals couldn't touch Jered Weaver and his low-80s fastball the first time through the order Thursday night.
- Braves trade Chacin to Angels, add Perez to young rotation Updated: May-11-16 5:13 pm
- Angels get Brendan Ryan from Nats for cash considerations Updated: May-10-16 10:22 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Brendan Ryan arrived in the Los Angeles Angels clubhouse on Tuesday afternoon with an ear-to-ear grin.
- Angels' Simmons will require surgery on thumb Updated: May-09-16 7:23 pm
- Andriese, Miller lead Rays to sweep of Angels with 3-1 win Updated: May-08-16 7:42 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Matt Andriese made his season debut for the Tampa Bay Rays on Mother's Day. His mother, Lynn, was in the stands watching him pitch in the big leagues for the first time.
- Angels rally off Brewers' bullpen for 7-3 to avoid sweep Updated: May-04-16 7:00 pm
- Trout triples and homers, Angels beat Brewers 7-3 Updated: May-04-16 6:43 pm
MILWAUKEE - The curveball hung over the plate, an enticing pitch that Mike Trout quickly turned into a rally-starting solo home run in the eighth inning.