- Billy Eppler welcomes high expectations as Angels' new GM Updated: Oct-05-15 6:51 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Billy Eppler knows his new job as the Los Angeles Angels' general manager looks particularly tough. He knows all about the organizational power wielded by manager Mike Scioscia and the high expectations of owner Arte Moreno.
- Hamels good addition for Rangers future - and this year too Updated: Oct-05-15 6:25 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Cole Hamels was certainly a good addition for the future of the Texas Rangers.
- Rangers 2-1 loss to Angels keeps them from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:38 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the Texas Rangers didn't even wait around to see if they would clinch the AL West title Friday night. The champagne was put away for another day.
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Mike Trout and Albert Pujols leading the way, the Los Angeles Angels are still in the chase for a playoff spot.
- Angels fall to Rangers 5-3, turn focus to wild-card race Updated: Oct-02-15 1:08 am
- AL West-leading Rangers win again, 6-2 over Tigers Updated: Oct-01-15 1:47 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the AL West-leading Texas Rangers know they are getting close to another postseason berth.
- Barry Zito is content after A's 8-7 win over Angels Updated: Oct-01-15 12:41 am
ANAHEIM, California - Barry Zito's big league career began 15 years ago with a win over the Angels in Oakland. It might have ended Wednesday with four innings against the Angels in the waning days of a losing season.
- Angels slowed with 8-7 loss to Athletics Updated: Oct-01-15 12:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Collin Cowgill's soft groundout to third wasn't a terribly appropriate way to end a seven-game winning streak and a rollicking homestand that propelled the Los Angeles Angels back into playoff position.
- LEADING OFF: Angels-Rangers series starts, Price's tuneup Updated: Sep-30-15 9:36 pm
A look at what's happening around the major leagues Thursday:
- Cano, O'Malley lead Mariners to 6-4 win over Houston Updated: Sep-30-15 3:16 am
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano hit a two-run home run in the sixth inning Tuesday night.
- A's lose 4th straight, 8-1 to streaking Angels Updated: Sep-30-15 2:22 am
- Angels sign starter Latos for final week of season Updated: Sep-28-15 8:30 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Veteran right-hander Mat Latos has signed a major league contract with the Los Angeles Angels, three days after he was released by the Dodgers.
- It's complicated, but Blue Jays finally end playoff drought Updated: Sep-26-15 1:20 pm
TORONTO - Confusion, yes. Champagne, no.
- Giavotella back in Angels' lineup after 5 weeks out Updated: Sep-25-15 10:21 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Second baseman Johnny Giavotella is back in the Los Angeles Angels' lineup after missing five weeks with a nerve palsy that gave him double vision.
- Kipnis, Santana homer to help Indians beat Twins 6-3 Updated: Sep-25-15 12:43 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Cleveland Indians boosted their slim playoff chances Thursday night and prevented Minnesota from moving closer in the wild-card chase.
- Angels rally for 6-5 win over Astros to close wild-card gap Updated: Sep-23-15 7:37 pm
HOUSTON - The Los Angeles Angels aren't where they want to be yet, but they're closer than they were at the start of the week.
- Duffey pitches 7 shutout innings as Twins beat Angels 8-1 Updated: Sep-20-15 7:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's ability to bounce back from season-threatening slumps is a big reason they have remained in the AL wild card race.
- Rasmus homers twice, Springer connects, Astros top Athletics Updated: Sep-20-15 6:24 pm
HOUSTON - Houston manager A.J. Hinch isn't surprised that his team shook off a terrible road trip by taking a series against Oakland with a 5-1 victory on Sunday.
- Angels capitalize on Twins' mistakes, win 4-3 in 12 innings Updated: Sep-19-15 6:55 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Los Angeles Angels needed help Friday to gain ground in the AL wild-card race.
- Angels-Twins rained out, will play doubleheader Saturday Updated: Sep-18-15 10:09 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Paul Molitor relied on Friday's stormy weather to accomplish what he's struggled to do this year: give Brian Dozier a rest.
- Montero homer leads Mariners past Angels 3-1 Updated: Sep-17-15 2:03 am
SEATTLE - Jesus Montero provided the big blow for Seattle, continuing to get the best of Jered Weaver.
- Lowrie's HR caps Astros' 5-run rally in 9th past Angels 5-3 Updated: Sep-13-15 8:34 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Houston Astros were down three runs and down to their final out. Preston Tucker was down to his last strike, with nobody on base and dominant Angels closer Huston Street on the mound.
- Angels hope for late rally to salvage an up-and-down season Updated: Sep-10-15 6:19 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Although Albert Pujols' sore right foot has reduced him to a designated hitter down the stretch for the Los Angeles Angels, the veteran first baseman hasn't missed a game in three weeks.
- Dodgers' 5-game winning streak ends with 3-2 loss to Angels Updated: Sep-10-15 2:17 am
- Pujols gets big RBI; Angels avoid sweep, beat Dodgers 3-2 Updated: Sep-10-15 2:03 am
ANAHEIM, California - Garrett Richards largely dominated the Los Angeles Dodgers until Chase Utley slapped his 109th and final pitch into left field, driving in the tying run.