- Relative: Family shot after offering help to stranded driver Updated: Jul-29-15 7:52 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A man who was stopped along a road on Montana's Crow Indian Reservation gunned down a family who tried to help him Wednesday, killing the couple and wounding their daughter, a relative said.
- Woman killed in fatal crash near Geyser Updated: Jul-28-15 5:05 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Montana Highway Patrol officials say a 26-year-old woman was killed in a crash near Geyser.
- Shooting northeast of Billings leaves 1 person dead Updated: Jul-21-15 3:53 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone County authorities have arrested a 73-year-old man after a shooting left one person dead near Ballantine, about 20 miles northeast of Billings.
- Montana governor, federal agency sign sage grouse deal Updated: Jul-20-15 3:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock signed an agreement Monday with the U.S. Department of Agriculture pledging cooperation on efforts to protect declining populations of greater sage grouse.
- Man hit, killed by train while riding ATV across tracks Updated: Jul-16-15 1:12 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - An 80-year-old south-central Montana man has died after his all-terrain vehicle was struck by a train southwest of Billings.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: Jul-15-15 3:13 pm
The Billings Gazette, July 8, on Medicaid expansion:
- Teen honored for actions after truck crashed into school bus Updated: Jul-14-15 9:53 am
POLSON, Montana - A northwestern Montana teen was honored for helping a drunken driver who crashed into a school bus and then getting 10 kids off the bus when he noticed a fuel leak.
- Court to consider medical marijuana commercial sales Updated: Jul-13-15 4:50 pm
HELENA, Montana - Advocates are asking the Montana Supreme Court to reject the state's push to end commercial sales of medical marijuana, saying that elderly and disabled patients' access would be cut off if they can't buy the drug.
- Panel to consider redrawing Montana's judicial districts Updated: Jul-13-15 3:08 pm
HELENA, Montana - A newly appointed panel will consider whether to redraw Montana's judicial districts for the first time in more than 80 years.
- 1 dead, 4 hurt on I-90 accident in Missoula County Updated: Jul-11-15 4:46 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The Montana Highway Patrol says one person is dead and four others injured in a single-vehicle accident on Interstate 90 in Missoula County.
- Montana trooper honored on I-90 60 years after his death Updated: Jul-08-15 11:41 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A memorial marker on Interstate 90 is now honoring a fallen Montana Highway Patrol trooper more than 60 years after his death.
- Montana governor has nearly $600K in bank for election bid Updated: Jul-07-15 5:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock now has $596,000 in the bank for his re-election bid, sitting on half a million dollars more than any other candidate for public office in Montana despite raising considerably less money this spring than he did in winter.
- Canadian man pleads not guilty to Montana drug charges Updated: Jul-06-15 12:00 pm
POLSON, Montana - A Canadian man has pleaded not guilty to charges that allege he had nearly 100 pounds of cocaine in his pickup truck while traveling through northwestern Montana.
- Ronan woman, 24, dies in crash north of Helena Updated: Jul-02-15 11:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - Authorities say a 24-year-old Ronan woman was killed in a single-vehicle crash north of Helena.
- Montana Supreme Court orders Billings lawyer disbarred Updated: Jul-02-15 2:45 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has disbarred a Billings attorney for misusing a client's funds and ordered him to pay more than $65,000 in restitution to the family of a man who died in April 2005 of injuries suffered in a vehicle crash.
- Montana Supreme Court ducks decision on punitive damages cap Updated: Jul-02-15 12:48 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has overturned a $52 million jury verdict in a breach of contract case, but justices did not rule on the constitutionality of the state's $10 million cap on punitive damages.
- Montana Supreme Court reverses police seizure of Hummer Updated: Jul-01-15 6:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has ruled that Missoula police were wrong to seize a Hummer titled to the mother of a murderer.