- Man killed, woman injured in ATV crash near Troy Updated: May-23-16 10:51 am
HELENA, Montana - A 37-year-old man was killed and a 36-year-old woman was injured in an all-terrain crash on wet roads near Troy.
- Boy dies, 2 others injured in crash near Busby Updated: May-23-16 10:44 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A 16-year-old boy was killed and two other people were injured in a single-vehicle rollover crash near Busby.
- Regents approve naming Montana State school after Gianforte Updated: May-20-16 4:47 pm
HAVRE, Montana - The state Board of Regents has approved renaming Montana State University's computer science department after Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Gianforte.
- Businesses ask Supreme Court to reinstate exempt well rule Updated: May-18-16 5:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - Real estate businesses, building contractors and well drillers asked the Montana Supreme Court on Wednesday to reinstate regulations that opponents say allowed a flurry of dense residential subdivisions to spring up without regard to sensitive water basins.
- Sidney man dies in ATV crash Updated: May-18-16 9:40 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A 59-year-old Sidney man died in an all-terrain vehicle crash in Sweet Grass County.
- Infrastructure looms as defining issue in legislative races Updated: May-16-16 6:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - At the end of the last legislative session, Montana Rep. Scott Staffanson pleaded for the House to reconsider a contentious infrastructure bill that failed by a single vote.
- Juneau proposes 6 debates with US Rep. Ryan Zinke Updated: May-16-16 3:14 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Democratic candidate for Montana's U.S. House seat is proposing six debates with Republican U.S. Rep. Ryan Zinke.
- 1 motorcycle rider killed, 1 injured in crash near Shelby Updated: May-16-16 9:29 am
SHELBY, Montana - Two motorcycles collided on Interstate 15 near Shelby, causing a crash that killed a 51-year-old Conrad man and injured a 56-year-old man from Brady.
- Motorcyclist killed in crash with truck near Bozeman Updated: May-13-16 2:38 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A 50-year-old woman from Elgin, Illinois died when her motorcycle collided with a semi-trailer on U.S. Highway 191 near Big Sky in southwestern Montana.
- Medical marijuana supporters appeal Montana restrictions Updated: May-12-16 3:24 pm
HELENA, Montana - Advocates for medicinal marijuana in Montana are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to reverse a state court decision that drastically restricts the availability of the drug.
- Montana court strikes down last piece of anti-immigrant law Updated: May-11-16 6:24 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has barred state officials from reporting the immigration status of people seeking state services, striking down the last piece of a voter-approved law meant to deter people who are in the U.S. illegally from living and working in Montana.
- Dip in state revenue prompts concern among Montana officials Updated: May-10-16 7:19 pm
HELENA, Montana - Revenue flowing into Montana's coffers has slowed during the past three months, prompting concern from the Capitol to city halls across the state.
- Officials release name of woman killed in crash near Harlem Updated: May-10-16 11:41 am
HELENA, Montana - Blaine County officials have released the name of a 45-year-old woman who was killed in a weekend crash south of Harlem.
- 3 women killed in wrong-way crash on Interstate 15 Updated: May-09-16 3:00 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Three women were killed when a vehicle traveling north in the southbound lanes of Interstate 15 collided with a semi-trailer west of Great Falls.
- Montana high court upholds award over mortgage foreclosure Updated: May-05-16 3:15 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has upheld $426,000 in damages and attorney's fees awarded to a couple who sued a loan servicing company alleging it violated federal and state laws in repeatedly trying to foreclose on their house.
- Supreme Court orders hearing over judge disqualification Updated: May-04-16 2:47 pm
HELENA, Montana - A hearing should be held to determine if a state judge should have disqualified himself from a case in which he approved a $10 million settlement to be paid by an insurance company without the company's input, the Montana Supreme Court ruled.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: May-04-16 11:12 am
The Montana Standard, May 1, on the impact of a new state park:
- Montana's legislative auditor is retiring Updated: May-03-16 11:52 am
HELENA, Montana - Legislative Auditor Tori Hunthausen is retiring in June after nearly 29 years with the Legislative Audit Division.
- Montana leaders react to former Sen. Conrad Burns' death Updated: Apr-29-16 11:24 am
HELENA, Montana - Condolences rolled in Thursday night as word of former U.S. Sen. Conrad Burns' death spread. Burns died of natural causes at his home in Billings, Montana Republican Party Executive Director Jeff Essmann said. Here is what some state and congressional leaders had to say:
- Lawyer: Author Jon Krakauer, public deserve to see records Updated: Apr-27-16 5:11 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - "Into the Wild" author Jon Krakauer and the public deserve to know why the University of Montana reversed its decision in 2012 to expel a star quarterback who was accused of rape, an attorney for the writer told the Montana Supreme Court on Wednesday.
- Supreme Court considers lowering score required to pass bar Updated: Apr-27-16 3:08 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The state Supreme Court is accepting public comment on a proposal to lower the score aspiring attorneys need to pass the bar exam in Montana.
- The Latest: Montana argues to keep rape case records sealed Updated: Apr-27-16 2:52 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - The Latest on author Jon Krakauer's lawsuit over release of records on University of Montana rape case (all times local):
- A car struck and killed a bison near West Yellowstone Updated: Apr-27-16 10:39 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Two brothers escaped injury when their car struck and killed a bison near West Yellowstone.
- State Supreme Court delays enforcement of medical pot ruling Updated: Apr-25-16 9:51 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court said Monday it will delay enforcement of the severe medical marijuana restrictions it has upheld until Aug. 31.