- Ronan woman, 24, dies in crash north of Helena Updated: Jul-02-15 11:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - Authorities say a 24-year-old Ronan woman was killed in a single-vehicle crash north of Helena.
- Montana Supreme Court orders Billings lawyer disbarred Updated: Jul-02-15 2:45 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has disbarred a Billings attorney for misusing a client's funds and ordered him to pay more than $65,000 in restitution to the family of a man who died in April 2005 of injuries suffered in a vehicle crash.
- Montana Supreme Court ducks decision on punitive damages cap Updated: Jul-02-15 12:48 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has overturned a $52 million jury verdict in a breach of contract case, but justices did not rule on the constitutionality of the state's $10 million cap on punitive damages.
- Montana Supreme Court reverses police seizure of Hummer Updated: Jul-01-15 6:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has ruled that Missoula police were wrong to seize a Hummer titled to the mother of a murderer.
- Some Montana schools missing vaccine benchmark, data shows Updated: Jun-28-15 2:44 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Vaccination rates at one in eight elementary schools in Montana are too low to ensure immunity from outbreaks of measles or whooping cough, new state data shows.
- 70-year-old man killed in Big Horn County crash Updated: Jun-25-15 6:07 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 70-year-old man was killed in a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 90 in Big Horn County.
- Supreme Court ruling means 41,000 Montanans keep subsidies Updated: Jun-25-15 1:09 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Supreme Court's decision Thursday to uphold tax credits for customers using the U.S. government's health insurance exchange means more than 41,000 Montana residents will continue to receive the subsidies that lower the cost of their premiums.
- Officials identify Bakken worker killed in vehicle crash Updated: Jun-24-15 4:11 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Authorities have identified a 30-year-old Bakken oilfield worker who died in a weekend accident in northwestern Montana.
- Blackfeet man says he'll run for US House in 2016 Updated: Jun-23-15 6:54 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Blackfeet tribal member said Tuesday he is running for Montana's U.S. House seat as a Democrat in 2016.
- Woman killed, passenger injured in crash near Billings Updated: Jun-23-15 9:59 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A 58-year-old Billings woman was killed and her passenger critically injured in a one-vehicle crash on Montana Secondary Highway 416 south of Billings.
- Man dies in crash near Huson Updated: Jun-22-15 3:48 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A 65-year-old man died in a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 90 northwest of Missoula.
- Arizona man killed in accident in Culbertson Updated: Jun-22-15 9:59 am
CULBERTSON, Montana - A 30-year-old man from Vail, Arizona, has died after falling off an abandoned deck being dragged around the northeastern Montana town of Culbertson by a pickup truck.
- ATV accident claims life of Missoula man Updated: Jun-20-15 4:22 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A 38-year-old Missoula man has died in an ATV crash near the small western Montana community of Evaro.
- 15-year-old killed in rollover crash near Turner Updated: Jun-19-15 5:07 am
TURNER, Montana - The Montana Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash near Turner.
- Appeal denied for woman convicted of attempted homicide Updated: Jun-17-15 1:23 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A woman convicted in 2013 of breaking into her former tenant's home and shooting him won't be able to give a mental health defense to a jury in an appeal denied by the Montana Supreme Court.
- Man dies in rollover in Madison County Updated: Jun-13-15 6:52 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 30-year-old Butte man has died in in a single-vehicle wreck on a remote Madison County road south of Whitehall.
- Separate Missoula hit-and-runs injure boys riding bikes Updated: Jun-13-15 11:13 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Authorities say two drivers injured boys riding their bikes in separate hit-and-run accidents.
- Montana not yet meeting prison-rape reduction standards Updated: Jun-12-15 1:43 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana does not yet meet the federal standards meant to reduce prison rape, but the state has made progress and aims to be compliant within the next year and a half, Gov. Steve Bullock told federal officials.
- Lobbyists spend $5.8 million at 2015 Montana Legislature Updated: Jun-11-15 7:00 pm
HELENA, Montana - Lobbyists have spent at least $5.8 million to influence Montana lawmakers and the issues they discussed this year.
- 3 killed, child critical after northwestern Montana crash Updated: Jun-09-15 2:21 pm
BABB, Montana - Three people were killed and an infant was critically injured in a one-vehicle rollover crash near Babb, just east of Glacier National Park.
- Omaha doctor dies in Montana car crash Updated: Jun-08-15 9:36 am
KALISPELL, Montana - A 68-year-old physician from Omaha, Nebraska, was killed in a weekend vehicle crash in northwestern Montana.
- Canadian accused of having 100 lbs of cocaine faces charge Updated: Jun-05-15 4:45 pm
POLSON, Montana - A Canadian man is facing a felony drug charge after a Montana Highway Patrol officer says he found about 100 pounds of cocaine in the man's pickup truck during a routine traffic stop Thursday night.
- Jet service returns to West Yellowstone Updated: Jun-05-15 12:29 pm
WEST YELLOWSTONE, Montana - More people will be able to fly in and out of West Yellowstone through Salt Lake City now that daily jet service has started between the two destinations.