- Aussie coach has advice for defending Japan Updated: Jul-04-15 11:05 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Perhaps, Australia coach Alen Stajcic was on to something when he said, "We're not the Netherlands," in responding to question regarding how his team might defend against Japan in the quarterfinals.
- Dutch turn to Danny Blind as replacement for Hiddink Updated: Jul-01-15 12:14 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Danny Blind was hired as the new coach of the Netherlands on Wednesday, with his first task to guide the national team to next year's European Championship finals after its stuttering start to qualifying under predecessor Guus Hiddink.
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach Updated: Jun-29-15 5:24 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch football federation terminated the contract of national team coach Guus Hiddink on Monday, ending his second stint in charge after just one disappointing season.
- Japan beats the Netherlands to reach World Cup quarterfinal Updated: Jun-24-15 1:33 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Japan coach Norio Sasaki apologized for the stressful, flurry of a finish.
- China advances with 1-0 victory over Cameroon Updated: Jun-20-15 11:11 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - It was abundantly clear on both sides of the ball: China's defense is the reason the team is headed for the quarterfinals.
- Wijnaldum, Narsingh score as Netherlands beats Latvia 2-0 Updated: Jun-12-15 5:08 pm
RIGA, Latvia - PSV Eindhoven teammates Georginio Wijnaldum and Luciano Narsingh scored second-half goals Friday as the Netherlands beat Latvia 2-0 in Riga to move closer to second place in its European Championship qualifying group.
- Europe's leading powers look to restore order in qualifying Updated: Jun-11-15 4:54 am
LONDON - Some of Europe's less-heralded football nations are on a roll in qualifying for the 2016 European Championship - and leaving many of the continent's traditional powers struggling to keep up.
- Martens scores, Netherlands beats New Zealand 1-0 Updated: Jun-06-15 11:04 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Lieke Martens' long strike from outside the box in the first half gave the Netherlands its first ever Women's World Cup goal and a 1-0 victory over New Zealand on Saturday night.