- Water panel eyes state's role in new federal rule Updated: Jun-01-15 8:11 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana lawmakers are planning to consider whether state officials can issue permits required under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's new clean-water rule.
- Law requires some sex offenders to live, work away from kids Updated: May-14-15 7:34 pm
HELENA, Montana - Certain sex offenders employed near children in Montana must find new jobs, get special permission to work or face arrest.
- School choice bill becomes law without governor's signature Updated: May-12-15 10:13 am
HELENA, Montana - Montana legislators instituted a new state law that reflects a national GOP initiative to boost private education options.
- New law bars police from seizing property before conviction Updated: May-08-15 7:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - State officials are cracking down on police seizures of personal belongings.
- Governor signs bill aiming to help domestic violence victims Updated: May-08-15 4:15 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governor signed legislation Friday to expand unemployment insurance benefits to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking.
- Tax relief bills fail to get past Montana governor Updated: May-07-15 4:05 pm
HELENA, Montana - Three Republican tax relief bills have died at the pen of Montana's Democratic governor this year.
- Governor signs bill to close Montana Developmental Center Updated: May-06-15 8:26 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock signed a bill Wednesday to close the Montana Developmental Center and move most of the 53 people with severe intellectual disabilities, mental health issues and personality disorders to community-based settings in the next two years.
- incentives to improve Montana broadband to cease this summer Updated: May-06-15 7:59 pm
HELENA, Montana - In the state with some of the slowest broadband speeds in the nation, Montana lawmakers refused this year to pick up where federal stimulus programs are leaving off in funding improvements to the state's Internet, phone and cable services.
- Montana governor signs bills to preserve Indian languages Updated: May-06-15 7:08 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's governor signed bills Wednesday aimed at encouraging schools to develop American Indian language immersion programs and preserving Indian languages.
- Montana unlikely to meet test participation requirement Updated: May-05-15 6:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's top education official said on Tuesday the state is unlikely to reach the required participation rate in student achievement tests this year.
- Montana governor vetoes public land task force bill Updated: May-05-15 6:08 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's governor vetoed a bill Monday he said would have created a task force to study the transfer or sell-off of public lands.
- New law will increase some highway speed limits to 80 mph Updated: May-05-15 4:00 pm
HELENA, Montana - Speed limits on rural interstate highways in Montana will increase to 80 mph this fall, but the cost of a speeding ticket will go up, too.