- White House: Alaska's Medicaid expansion 'right decision' Updated: Sep-01-15 3:37 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The White House on Tuesday praised the decision by Alaska Gov. Bill Walker to expand Medicaid to thousands of residents over the wishes of the Republican-led Legislature, calling it the "right decision."
- Alaska Supreme Court won't block Medicaid expansion Updated: Aug-31-15 9:47 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Thousands of lower-income Alaskans will become eligible for Medicaid after the Alaska Supreme Court on Monday refused to temporarily block the state from expanding the health care program.
- Kerry, Obama to raise global warming issues in Alaska Updated: Aug-31-15 12:34 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Scientists are "overwhelmingly unified" in concluding that humans are contributing to global climate change, Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday night, and the public is slowly getting the full picture.
- Global warming carving changes into Alaska in fire and ice Updated: Aug-30-15 3:02 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Global warming is carving measurable changes into Alaska, and President Barack Obama is about to see it.
- Personal beacon hastens rescue of stranded hiker Updated: Aug-30-15 2:40 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A personal locator beacon that sends out GPS coordinates helped Juneau searchers find a stranded hiker on Friday.
- Palmer man arrested after house fire related to meth lab Updated: Aug-30-15 12:29 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say they have arrested a Palmer man after a house fire related to a methamphetamine lab.
- In Alaska, Obama to walk fine line on climate change, energy Updated: Aug-29-15 1:40 pm
WASHINGTON - With melting glaciers and rising seas as his backdrop, President Barack Obama will visit Alaska next week to press for urgent global action to combat climate change, even as he carefully calibrates his message in a state heavily dependent on oil.
- Fairbanks politicians warned for violating 'billboard law' Updated: Aug-28-15 8:42 am
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Politicians in Fairbanks and the rest of the state are receiving letters warning them to keep campaign signs compliant with the billboard law.
- Sentencing continues for case related to troopers' deaths Updated: Aug-27-15 5:26 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The sentencing hearing for a man convicted of evidence tampering in the deaths of two Alaska State Troopers will be continued next week.
- Oral arguments in lawsuit against setnet ban begin Updated: Aug-27-15 9:22 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska Supreme Court justices have begun to hear oral arguments in a lawsuit over the legality of a proposed voter initiative to ban setnets in urban parts of Alaska.
- Alaska lawmakers call for more budget cuts, not new taxes Updated: Aug-25-15 8:10 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Republican lawmakers in Alaska's state House are calling for more budget cuts instead of new taxes in light of Alaska's troubled fiscal situation.
- Plane crashes on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula, killing 2 men Updated: Aug-23-15 4:19 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two men died Saturday night when a small plane crashed on the Kenai Peninsula, said Alaska State Troopers.
- Lawmakers vote to sue governor over Medicaid expansion plan Updated: Aug-18-15 8:02 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A committee of House and Senate lawmakers voted Tuesday to sue Gov. Bill Walker over his effort to expand Medicaid in Alaska, with Republican legislative leaders calling it a separation-of-powers issue.
- Search suspended for Colorado man missing from campsite Updated: Aug-17-15 7:04 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers have called off the search for a 34-year-old man reported missing after he walked away from a campsite on Kenai Lake.
- Man in bear costume harasses mother bear, 2 cubs in Alaska Updated: Aug-14-15 1:04 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Authorities want to talk to a man who donned a fairly realistic bear costume - head and all - and wore it when harassing a mother bear and two cubs trying to feed on pink salmon in an Alaska river.
- Eagle River woman charged with felony DUI in Homer Updated: Aug-12-15 11:47 am
HOMER, Alaska - A 26-year-old Eagle River woman convicted twice of driving under the influence of alcohol has been charged again after a crash Tuesday.
- Stimson docks in Kodiak after 17 years based in Dutch Harbor Updated: Aug-07-15 3:16 pm
KODIAK, Alaska - The crewmen of Patrol Vessel Stimson may buy a gallon of paint - soon.
- Marijuana, hashish seized from passenger bound for Barrow Updated: Aug-06-15 5:07 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers have seized thousands of dollars' worth of marijuana and hashish from the luggage of a Wasilla man on his way to Barrow.
- 2 Colorado residents die in Alaska head-on crash Updated: Aug-06-15 3:25 pm
SOLDOTNA, Alaska - Two residents of Montrose, Colorado, died Wednesday afternoon in a head-on crash on Alaska's Kenai (KEE'-neye) Peninsula.
- Troopers: Missing Shageluk man found dead in Innoko River Updated: Aug-04-15 3:17 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say searchers have found the body of a 48-year-old Shageluk (SHA'-guh-luk) man who went missing after he jumped out of a boat.