- Dobbs, Hurd help Tennessee trounce Vanderbilt 53-28 Updated: Nov-28-15 8:10 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Joshua Dobbs threw two touchdown passes to Von Pearson and ran for a third score Saturday as Tennessee trounced Vanderbilt 53-28 to end the regular season with its first five-game winning streak since 2007.
- Vols' Kirkland emerges as major contributor in freshman year Updated: Nov-26-15 12:15 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee linebacker Darrin Kirkland Jr. is continuing a recent Volunteers tradition by emerging as an impact performer on defense as a freshman.
- Tennessee defense beating up on weak offenses late in season Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A weak late-season schedule has given Tennessee's defense an opportunity to flex its muscles.
- Tennessee beats Missouri 19-8, spoils Pinkel home finale Updated: Nov-22-15 12:40 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Tennessee ignored the pre-game hoopla and the adverse conditions.
- Graduate transfers making impact in ACC Updated: Nov-18-15 6:54 pm
PITTSBURGH - Nathan Peterman noticed when Russell Wilson bolted N.C. State for Wisconsin in 2011 as a graduate transfer, but only in a "hey, isn't that interesting" kind of way.
- Vols accustomed to facing teams dealing with transition Updated: Nov-17-15 12:29 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - On the frequent occasions when Tennessee coach Butch Jones discusses the need to adjust to "sudden change," he's usually referring to turnovers or big plays that dramatically alter momentum and field position.
- New trial dates set for ex-Vols Williams, Johnson Updated: Nov-17-15 4:01 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - New trial dates have been set for former Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson and cornerback Michael Williams, who are facing aggravated rape charges.
- Kamara helps Tennessee blank North Texas 24-0 Updated: Nov-14-15 5:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee had the kind of favorable matchup that figured to showcase its offense.
- Tennessee's Barnett surging in second half of season again Updated: Nov-12-15 1:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee defensive end Derek Barnett has a habit of heating up when the weather starts cooling down.
- Vols' Maggitt likely out at least until potential bowl game Updated: Nov-11-15 1:02 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee defensive end/linebacker Curt Maggitt likely will miss at least the rest of the regular season with the hip injury that has sidelined him since mid-September.
- Tennessee dominates 1st half, struggles to close out games Updated: Nov-10-15 12:24 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has been the Southeastern Conference's most dominant team in the first half of games this season.
- Tennessee's Jones wants Vols to maintain focus at home Updated: Nov-09-15 4:07 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Butch Jones wants his team to show the same kind of focus at home that it has displayed on the road recently.
- Late fumble preserves Vols' 27-24 win over South Carolina Updated: Nov-07-15 8:48 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee coach Butch Jones wasn't complaining even after his team allowed a 17-point lead to turn into a narrow escape.
- Tennessee's Berry emerges as nation's top kickoff returner Updated: Nov-05-15 7:58 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's Evan Berry has become well known around campus for more than his family connections.
- Tennessee pass rush finally adapting to Maggitt's absence Updated: Nov-02-15 7:27 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee's defense is discovering how to produce an effective pass rush without its injured leader.
- Kentucky prepares for Georgia looking to end 3-game slide Updated: Nov-02-15 3:20 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Neither Kentucky coach Mark Stoops nor his players are panicking despite a three-game losing streak threatening a repeat of last season's second-half collapse that knocked the Wildcats out of postseason.
- Dobbs, big returns help Tennessee trounce Kentucky 52-21 Updated: Nov-01-15 12:19 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Tennessee took an indirect route to produce its typical rout of Kentucky.
- Tennessee releases complete 2016 football schedule Updated: Oct-29-15 7:01 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee will open its Southeastern Conference schedule next season by facing Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama on consecutive weekends.
- Return TDs show why long field-goal tries remain risky Updated: Oct-29-15 4:59 pm
The improbable finish to the Georgia Tech-Florida State game has turned into a teaching moment at practice fields across the country.
- Tennessee's Hurd says weight gain has made him better back Updated: Oct-29-15 3:06 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee running back Jalen Hurd's bigger body is helping him produce bigger numbers.