- Peyton Manning speaking at Freed-Hardeman Benefit Dinner Updated: May-03-16 4:09 am
HENDERSON, Tennessee - The NFL's recently retired Peyton Manning is speaking this fall at the Freed-Hardeman University Benefit Dinner to raise money for student scholarships.
- DUI charge against Tennessee lineman Charles Mosley dropped Updated: Apr-28-16 4:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A charge of driving under the influence against Tennessee offensive lineman Charles Mosley has been dropped.
- Lawson out after 3 seasons as Tennessee's strength coach Updated: Apr-22-16 7:17 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Dave Lawson is no longer part of Tennessee's athletic department after serving as the football team's director of strength and conditioning for the last three seasons.
- Knoxville police change policy about notifying Vols coaches Updated: Apr-22-16 5:41 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knoxville police are ending their practice of making courtesy calls to Tennessee coaches about incidents involving Vols players.
- Vols' Johnson has 1 charged dropped, another reduced Updated: Apr-21-16 1:48 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - One of two charges against Tennessee defensive lineman Alexis Johnson was dismissed Thursday and the other was reduced from a felony count of aggravated assault to misdemeanor domestic assault.
- Tennessee surveys supporters during Neyland renovation study Updated: Apr-20-16 4:14 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart has sent an email asking fans to participate in an online survey about Neyland Stadium as the school conducts a renovation study.
- Coaching changes at 3 schools bring new look to SEC East Updated: Apr-18-16 3:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Southeastern Conference Eastern Division's new look was on display this spring.
- Dobbs, Tennessee exit spring practice amid high expectations Updated: Apr-16-16 6:33 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs understands what's at stake in his senior season.
- Tennessee receivers Jennings, Perry out for rest of spring Updated: Apr-12-16 8:58 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee wide receivers Jauan Jennings and Vincent Perry have joined the long list of Volunteers out for the rest of spring practice with injuries.
- Passing fancy: Tennessee looks to lift air attack Updated: Apr-11-16 5:14 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee bills itself as "Wide Receiver U" because of its history of sending wideouts to the NFL.
- Fast track: Early enrollment now common in college football Updated: Apr-09-16 12:21 pm
In January 2007, mega-recruit Jimmy Clausen enrolled at Notre Dame, bypassing a final semester of high school to partake in spring practice with the Fighting Irish and get a jump on becoming the starting quarterback.
- New Vols defensive coordinator Shoop appreciates history Updated: Apr-04-16 1:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - New Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop considers himself a student of the game and has spent the last few months learning as much as he can about the Volunteers' football history.