- State attorneys oppose delay of medical pot restrictions Updated: Jun-24-16 4:47 pm
HELENA, Montana - State attorneys say a judge should only delay enforcement of new medical marijuana restrictions until the U.S. Supreme Court decides whether to take up the matter.
- Supreme Court orders new trial in school theft case Updated: Jun-08-16 11:41 am
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has overturned a conviction and ordered a new trial in the case of a former Sidney High School janitor charged with stealing a plasma cutter from the school shop in 2014.
- Court: Man has to pay restitution, even for insured loss Updated: Jun-08-16 10:50 am
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court says a man who was convicted of stealing $26,500 in cash and merchandise from his employer must pay full restitution, even if the store's losses were mostly covered by insurance.
- News Guide: Montana voters decide full slate of races Updated: Jun-08-16 10:16 am
HELENA, Montana - Montana's primary election featured contested races for president, governor, state Supreme Court, Public Service Commission and a slate of legislative races. The election also confirmed the party nominations for candidates in unopposed races for U.S. House, attorney general, secretary of state, superintendent of education and state auditor.
- Court: Out-of-state railroad workers can sue in Montana Updated: Jun-01-16 2:44 pm
HELENA, Montana - Injured railroad workers may file lawsuits against their employers in Montana, even if they weren't hurt here and they are not residents of the state, the Montana Supreme Court ruled.
- Supreme Court upholds dismissal of shooting charge Updated: Jun-01-16 2:02 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has upheld the dismissal of an attempted deliberate homicide charge in a September 2014 shooting of a Livingston man in his vehicle.
- State judge dominates money race in bid for Supreme Court Updated: May-31-16 7:17 pm
HELENA, Montana - Outside, independent groups have long been expected to pour money into a three-way race for an open seat on the Montana Supreme Court, but that money has yet to materialize as the June 7 primary approaches. Even so, lots of cash is already being raised and spent by the candidates themselves.
- Butte man convicted of killing infant daughter files appeal Updated: May-31-16 2:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Butte man who is serving a life sentence for killing his infant daughter in August 2013 is seeking a new trial.