- Pakistan army kills 14 suspected militants near Afghanistan Updated: Aug-29-15 12:37 pm
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistani military says its latest airstrikes in a troubled tribal region near Afghanistan have killed 14 suspected militants.
- Indian and Pakistani border guards trade gunfire, 9 killed Updated: Aug-28-15 10:16 am
ISLAMABAD - Indian and Pakistani border guards traded gunfire in the divided region of Kashmir, leaving nine civilians dead and another 63 wounded, authorities said Friday.
- Afghan ties with Pakistan sour as Taliban gain strength Updated: Aug-21-15 4:29 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - One of the world's testier strategic relationships is deteriorating by the day as Afghanistan accuses Pakistan of meddling in its affairs and prolonging a 14-year war by aiding Taliban militants in a cynical quest for influence.
- Indian authorities detain, then release Kashmiri separatists Updated: Aug-20-15 7:34 am
SRINAGAR, India - Indian authorities detained and later released two key Kashmiri separatist leaders Thursday ahead of talks between Indian and Pakistani security advisers, while a third remained under house arrest.
- Pakistani, Indian troops trade fire in Kashmir, killing 2 Updated: Aug-19-15 10:39 am
MUZAFFARABAD, Pakistan - Border guards from Pakistan and neighboring India continued trading fire Wednesday in the divided region of Kashmir, violence that killed two Pakistani villagers, officials said.
- Hamid Gul, a Pakistan spy master tied to militants, dies Updated: Aug-16-15 2:53 pm
ISLAMABAD - Hamid Gul, who led Pakistan's powerful Inter-Services Intelligence agency as it funneled U.S. and Saudi cash and weapons to Afghan jihadis fighting against the Soviets and later publicly supported Islamic militants, died late Saturday of a brain hemorrhage. He was 78.
- Afghan officials in Pakistan to discuss peace efforts Updated: Aug-13-15 12:56 pm
ISLAMABAD - A high-level Afghan delegation arrived in Pakistan on Thursday to discuss security cooperation and peace efforts after Afghanistan's president said Pakistan was involved in a spate of devastating Taliban attacks that rocked Kabul last week, killing dozens of people.