- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- In Keystone snub, Obama tries to lockdown his climate legacy Updated: Nov-07-15 8:40 am
WASHINGTON - For years, President Barack Obama chided Republicans and Democrats alike for treating the Keystone XL pipeline as a signal of whether the U.S. would seriously fight global warming. Now that he's killed the project, Obama is holding it up as Exhibit A as he works to lock in his environmental legacy with a powerful international climate accord.
- Obama quashes Keystone XL in bid to boost climate leverage Updated: Nov-06-15 11:35 pm
WASHINGTON - Ending a seven-year political saga, President Barack Obama killed the proposed Keystone XL pipeline on Friday, declaring it would have undercut U.S. efforts to clinch a global climate change deal at the center of his environmental legacy.
- Obama's Keystone XL decision irks North Dakota US lawmakers Updated: Nov-06-15 3:59 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - President Barack Obama's decision Friday to reject the Keystone XL pipeline prompted dismay in North Dakota, with top politicians and industry officials saying the administration is missing a chance.
- Battle resumes at New Jersey hearing over ocean gas terminal Updated: Nov-04-15 6:21 pm
EATONTOWN, New Jersey - Opponents of a proposed terminal for liquefied natural gas imports off the New Jersey and New York coasts blasted the plan Wednesday as a dirty, dangerous boondoggle, while supporters hailed it as a source of cheap energy that will lower home heating bills in winter.
- Environmental groups protest Utah loan to coal terminal Updated: Nov-03-15 1:50 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Several Utah environmental groups are asking the state's attorney general to invalidate a pending loan that would give mineral lease money to a California coal shipping port.