- Opponents of proposed coal project demand investigation Updated: Jun-26-16 5:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Several environmental groups are calling for a federal investigation into Utah's plans to invest $53 million in a proposed expansion of a California port to export coal to Asia.
- Maryland releases suggested revisions to gas drilling plan Updated: Jun-22-16 5:52 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland will consider revising its proposed regulations for the natural gas drilling known as hydraulic fracturing in an effort to add safeguards for public health and the environment, a state agency announced Wednesday.
- Concerns raised over Indiana plan to adopt coal ash rules Updated: Jun-19-16 11:04 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Environmental groups are raising concerns about Indiana's plan to adopt new federal standards for the ponds and landfills where utilities store vast amounts of coal ash waste produced by coal-fired power plants.
- Oklahoma energy companies want earthquake lawsuit dismissed Updated: Jun-03-16 12:54 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Three Oklahoma energy companies want a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit demanding they reduce injection volumes at wastewater disposal wells that could be triggering earthquakes.
- Conservationists aiming to protect river sue to stop homes Updated: May-30-16 6:16 pm
PHOENIX - Conservation groups are suing to block the development of a massive master-planned community in southern Arizona in the hopes of protecting the last major free-flowing river in the Southwest.