- Matthews returns and Mavs defeat Trail Blazers 115-112 in OT Updated: Dec-02-15 2:00 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - First, Wesley Matthews appreciated the ovation. Then he appreciated the win.
- Gasol's 38 points lead Grizzlies past Pelicans 113-104 Updated: Dec-02-15 12:16 am
NEW ORLEANS - Marc Gasol decided to be less analytical and more assertive on the offensive end. The Memphis Grizzlies liked the results.
- Magic hold off late charge from Wolves for 4th straight win Updated: Dec-02-15 12:09 am
MINNEAPOLIS - With every nail-biter they pull out, the Orlando Magic believe a little more that those years of struggling are behind them.
- Nets beat Suns 94-91 for 4th straight home victory Updated: Dec-01-15 11:08 pm
NEW YORK - The Brooklyn Nets had a rough road to start, though they knew their schedule would have them largely home for the holidays.
- 76ers top Lakers for 1st win of season, snap 28-game skid Updated: Dec-01-15 11:07 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Kobe Bryant breezed through the Philadelphia 76ers locker room and said to no one in particular, "keep it going, guys."
- Wesley Matthews returns to Portland with Mavericks Updated: Dec-01-15 10:39 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Wesley Matthews returned to Portland on Tuesday night for the first time since leaving the team as a free agent last summer.
- Pelicans' Evans, Cole set to make season debuts vs. Memphis Updated: Dec-01-15 7:21 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry says guards Tyreke Evans and Norris Cole appear ready to make their season debuts in Tuesday night's game against the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Column: Two icons near the end, as Father Time wins again Updated: Dec-01-15 4:30 pm
One played into the final hours of the Thanksgiving weekend, laughing when a 3-pointer that would have kept his team in the game hit nothing but air.
- Luke Walton wins coach of month despite official 0-0 record Updated: Dec-01-15 3:41 pm
OAKLAND, California - Luke Walton has more NBA coach of the month awards than official wins.
- NBA fines Pistons' Reggie Jackson $25K for comments to fan Updated: Dec-01-15 2:29 pm
DETROIT - The NBA has fined Detroit Pistons point guard Reggie Jackson $25,000 for directing inappropriate language toward a fan during a loss in Oklahoma City last week.
- Jordan grabs 24 rebounds, Clippers beat Blazers 10 Updated: Dec-01-15 2:34 am
LOS ANGELES - The way the Portland Trail Blazers kept fouling DeAndre Jordan down the stretch in a feeble attempt to rally from a double-digit deficit was enough to turn anyone's stomach - Damian Lillard notwithstanding.
- Cousins returns, scores 31 to lead Kings past Mavs 112-98 Updated: Dec-01-15 2:24 am
SACRAMENTO, California - There's little doubt the Sacramento Kings are a much different team with DeMarcus Cousins in the lineup.
- The longest-tenured players from the 4 major US pro sports Updated: Dec-01-15 2:16 am
Kobe Bryant has announced that this season, his 20th with the Los Angeles Lakers, will be his last. Bryant is the first NBA player to spend that many years with one franchise, though it's not completely uncommon across the other pro sports in the United States.
- Warriors win 19th straight, 106-103 over the Jazz Updated: Dec-01-15 12:28 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Stephen Curry was held in relative check for most of Monday night. The reigning MVP and NBA's leading scorer had 16 points through three quarters as Draymond Green and other teammates did the heavy lifting.
- Monroe scores 18 in Bucks' 92-74 win over Nuggets Updated: Dec-01-15 12:05 am
MILWAUKEE - Michael Carter-Williams, who lost his starting job while struggling this season, had a new look Monday night.
- Millsap, Teague lead Hawks to 106-100 win over Thunder Updated: Nov-30-15 11:52 pm
ATLANTA - Russell Westbrook let out an emphatic scream at the top of the key, surely believing his fourth-quarter outburst would carry the Oklahoma City Thunder to another victory.
- Gasol gets double-double as Bulls beat Spurs 92-89 Updated: Nov-30-15 11:27 pm
CHICAGO - Pau Gasol punctuated his big block on LaMarcus Aldridge with a triumphant yell.
- Charges against ex-Spurs player Robertson dismissed Updated: Nov-30-15 11:26 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A judge has dismissed charges against former San Antonio Spurs player Alvin Robertson related to an alleged underage sex ring.
- Jackson and Drummond lift Pistons over Rockets Updated: Nov-30-15 11:23 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - It might have gotten lost in an endless parade of free throws, but Monday night proved something important about the Detroit Pistons.
- Timberwolves coach expects Rubio to play Tuesday vs. Magic Updated: Nov-30-15 8:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio is expected to return from a two-game absence when Minnesota plays Orlando on Tuesday night, coach Sam Mitchell said.
- Police still searching for killer of bookstore owner Updated: Nov-30-15 5:20 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say they have not given up on solving the 2010 stabbing death of a bookstore owner who is the mother-in-law of a Utah Jazz executive.
- Kobe Bryant says he will retire at end of season Updated: Nov-30-15 2:50 am
LOS ANGELES - After 20 years in a Lakers uniform and a lifetime in basketball, Kobe Bryant determined that his aching body and his passion for the game had both grown weaker than his excitement about the future.
- Kobe scores 13 after announcement, but Pacers beat Lakers Updated: Nov-30-15 1:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant drained a 3-pointer with 11 seconds left in a one-point game, and the Lakers' crowd roared with a mix of excitement and nostalgia for the transcendent moments of its beloved star's now-finite career.
- Rockets rally in fourth, beat Knicks 116-111 in overtime Updated: Nov-29-15 11:46 pm
NEW YORK - It took almost the whole game, but the Rockets finally took a lead and held it.
- 76ers tie NBA worst with 0-18 start after loss to Grizzlies Updated: Nov-29-15 10:59 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Philadelphia 76ers were again poised to end their losing streak. And, as has happened lately, they were unable to close the deal.