- Former NBA player accused of using charity for personal gain Updated: May-25-16 10:52 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Former NBA player Kermit Washington is accused of using donations intended to help needy people in Africa for his own gain, including paying for vacations, jewelry and entertainment.
- Warriors facing long odds down 3-1, but it has been done Updated: May-25-16 8:05 am
MIAMI - Here's good news for Golden State: It's not over.
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of elimination Updated: May-25-16 7:27 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Suddenly, these Golden State Warriors who have been compared all season to the Chicago Bulls dynasty of the 1990s are on the brink of elimination.
- Ex-NBA player Kermit Washington arrested in Los Angeles Updated: May-24-16 7:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - Kermit Washington, a former NBA player who notoriously gave a bone-breaking face punch to the Houston Rockets' Rudy Tomjanovich during a 1977 Lakers game, has been arrested by federal agents.
- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him Updated: May-24-16 1:51 pm
MIAMI - Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Draymond Green fined $25,000, not suspended for groin kick Updated: May-23-16 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - Draymond Green was fined $25,000 but not suspended by the NBA on Monday for kicking Oklahoma City center Steven Adams in the groin.
- Cuban would consider being running mate for Trump or Clinton Updated: May-22-16 1:28 pm
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says he'd "absolutely" consider being Republican Donald Trump's running mate. He'd also "absolutely" consider being Democrat Hillary Clinton's.
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick Updated: May-22-16 10:28 am
Mark Cuban is picking the Oklahoma City Thunder to win the NBA's biggest prize.
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump Updated: May-22-16 9:10 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on Campaign 2016 (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching Updated: May-21-16 3:47 am
OAKLAND, California - Billy Donovan is trying to accomplish the improbable and lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a championship as a first-year NBA coach, just as Steve Kerr did guiding Golden State to its first title in 40 years last June in his rookie season running the Warriors.
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander Updated: May-20-16 8:29 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor decided to hire Tom Thibodeau as coach and president of basketball operations and Scott Layden as general manager, many in the organization braced for sweeping changes to the front office and coaching staff.
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron Updated: May-20-16 6:26 pm
This is our Magic vs. Bird.
- Saints owner Tom Benson discusses why he disinherits kin Updated: May-20-16 5:57 pm
NEW ORLEANS - In a court deposition, Tom Benson said he ousted his daughter and grandchildren from executive positions in the Saints and Pelicans after a confrontation turned physical between his daughter, Renee, and his wife, Gayle.
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court Updated: May-20-16 5:39 pm
OAKLAND, California - A black sleeve protecting his sore right elbow, MVP Stephen Curry insists he's fine after yet another postseason injury.
- Zhou Qi's potential could lead to much NBA draft intrigue Updated: May-20-16 9:45 am
MIAMI - Zhou Qi needs someone to help him communicate at workouts with NBA teams, simply because he does not speak English well enough to understand most instructions.
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP Updated: May-20-16 7:12 am
NEW YORK - Consider Gary Payton unimpressed by Golden State guard Stephen Curry becoming the first unanimous MVP in NBA history.
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason Updated: May-19-16 7:02 pm
OAKLAND, California - A far cry from his brash, former basketball-playing father, Klay Thompson is perfectly content to be the soft-spoken, second superstar behind MVP Stephen Curry. He is more than happy to let Draymond Green do the arguing, arm flexing and trash talking.
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team Updated: May-19-16 3:32 pm
- Curry dazzles again, Warriors even series with Thunder 1-1 Updated: May-19-16 1:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Once Stephen Curry finally gathered himself and got up following a scary first-quarter dive into the stands, fans inside Oracle Arena could take a breath, sit back and watch the MVP put on a spectacular shooting show.
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach Updated: May-18-16 9:53 pm
NEW YORK - The New York Knicks want Jeff Hornacek as their next coach.
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air Updated: May-18-16 2:10 am
Starting a postseason 9-0 does not guarantee a championship.
- TNT sees big ratings for Oklahoma City-Golden State opener Updated: May-17-16 10:29 pm
ATLANTA - The Western Conference finals opener between Oklahoma City and Golden State was TNT's highest-rated conference finals Game 1 since 2011.
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick Updated: May-17-16 10:26 pm
NEW YORK - The Philadelphia 76ers have lost big for three years, when they appeared to value draft picks more than players.
- Timberwolves will choose 5th in the NBA draft Updated: May-17-16 8:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves stayed put in the NBA draft lottery on Tuesday night and will pick fifth in the first round on June 23.
- Warriors take little solace in NBA acknowledging blown call Updated: May-17-16 7:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - The fact that the NBA acknowledged missing a late travel call on Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook did little to appease Golden State coach Steve Kerr a day later.