- Twins games at Target Field to be staffed by local workers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:04 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Target Field will be staffed by local workers starting this weekend instead of people being brought in from out of state for Minnesota Twins games.
- Rockies' Story ties rookie mark with 10th HR in April Updated: Apr-30-16 2:09 am
PHOENIX - Trevor Story is undoubtedly the story of the Colorado Rockies' first month of the season.
- Hernandez ties Mariners win record with 1-0 decision over KC Updated: Apr-30-16 1:11 am
SEATTLE - Felix Hernandez tied Jamie Moyer's franchise record for career victories at 145 in the Seattle Mariners' 1-0 victory over Kansas City on Friday night, the Royals' fourth straight loss.
- Hughes roughed up early, Twins fall 9-2 to Detroit Updated: Apr-30-16 1:01 am
MINNEAPOLIS - When Phil Hughes walked the first batter Friday night, it was a bad omen for the Minnesota Twins.
- Fulmer wins MLB debut, Tigers top Twins 9-2 Updated: Apr-30-16 12:39 am
MINNEAPOLIS - If Michael Fulmer was nervous, he didn't show it.
- Howard's 11th-inning homer leads Phillies past Indians 4-3 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:56 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Cleveland Indians are suddenly becoming last-pitch losers.
- Howard's 11th-inning homer leads Phillies past Indians 4-3 Updated: Apr-29-16 11:41 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ryan Howard is going deep and the Phillies are on a hot streak.
- Mistakes cost White Sox in 6-3 loss to Orioles Updated: Apr-29-16 11:08 pm
BALTIMORE - For the second straight game, mistakes proved to be costly for the Chicago White Sox.
- Reimold's homer lifts Orioles past White Sox 6-3 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:51 pm
- A's call up top pitching prospect Manaea to start vs Astros Updated: Apr-29-16 8:46 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sean Manaea, Oakland's top pitching prospect, was recalled from Triple-A Nashville to make his major league debut on Friday night against Houston.
- Top prospect Fulmer called up by Tigers to start vs Twins Updated: Apr-29-16 6:51 pm
- 14-foot Royals mannequin surfaces after theft from billboard Updated: Apr-29-16 4:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A 14-foot mannequin of a Royals player that was stolen from a billboard is safe at home in Kansas City.
- Arrieta wins 16th straight decision as Cubs beat Brewers 7-2 Updated: Apr-28-16 9:14 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid for a second straight no-hitter was dashed on his fifth pitch. His Wrigley Field scoreless streak ended at 52 2/3 innings.
- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.
- After starting trip 4-0, A's head home with .500 swing Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 pm
DETROIT - After Oakland opened a trip with a three-game sweep of the New York Yankees and a win at Toronto, the Athletics had high hopes.
- White Sox place closer Robertson on bereavement list Updated: Apr-28-16 6:05 pm
BALTIMORE - Chicago White Sox closer David Robertson will miss at least three games after being placed on the bereavement list before Thursday's series opener at Baltimore because of the death of his father-in-law.
- Thieves steal 14-foot-tall Royals cutout from billboard Updated: Apr-28-16 5:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Thieves took mischief to new heights when they absconded with a 14-foot-tall cutout of a Kansas City Royals from a billboard near the franchise's hometown.
- New home of Detroit Red Wings to be Little Caesars Arena Updated: Apr-28-16 4:26 pm
DETROIT - The name of the new home of the Detroit Red Wings is staying in the family.
- Twins minor leaguer suspended 80 games for positive test Updated: Apr-28-16 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Minnesota Twins outfielder Reynaldo Rodriguez, an All-Star at Triple-A last year, has been suspended 80 games following a positive test under baseball's minor league drug program.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Angels lose Street, but complete sweep of Royals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels lost closer Huston Street because of a pregame injury, and that put a damper on their three-game sweep of the defending World Series champions.
- White Sox win 6th straight, blank Blue Jays 4-0 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:19 pm
TORONTO - A rare triple by Dioner Navarro gave the Chicago White Sox something even more uncommon: a series sweep in Toronto.
- Rickard's three-run homer lifts Orioles over Rays 3-1 Updated: Apr-27-16 10:03 pm
- Indians send RHP Cody Anderson to Triple-A Columbus Updated: Apr-27-16 9:08 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Cleveland Indians have optioned right-hander Cody Anderson to Triple-A Columbus.
- Tigers demote Collins, activate Francisco Rodriguez Updated: Apr-27-16 7:12 pm
DETROIT - The Tigers have optioned outfielder Tyler Collins to Triple-A Toledo, although manager Brad Ausmus said the move was not related to the obscene gesture Collins directed at booing home fans Monday.