- McHugh pitches Astros to 5-2 win over Royals to open ALDS Updated: Oct-08-15 11:45 pm
- Avila says Tigers will have 'highly competitive' payroll Updated: Oct-08-15 7:34 pm
DETROIT - Al Avila is eager to get started with his first offseason as Detroit's general manager, and he says the Tigers will have plenty of money to spend.
- Kazmir, Cueto acquired at deadline for postseason pushes Updated: Oct-08-15 5:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Astros swung a deal for Scott Kazmir in July with October baseball in mind.
- Cleveland Indians may soon have minority investor Updated: Oct-08-15 3:03 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians owner Paul Dolan could soon have a financial partner.
- Thieves steal Royals trainer's '85 World Series ring Updated: Oct-08-15 9:48 am
- Royals, Astros both have penchant for playing at home Updated: Oct-08-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Astros slugger George Springer attributes the trouble his team had on the road all season to the color of their jerseys, gray and drab, which might seem preposterous except for one thing: His manager, A.J. Hinch, offered up with the exact same reason.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- Twins GM: Mauer can be a .300 hitter again, will play 1B Updated: Oct-06-15 5:54 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Once one of the game's great hitters, Joe Mauer hasn't been the same force in the batter's box for two years now.
- No playoffs, Indians open offseason with front-office shift Updated: Oct-06-15 5:48 pm
CLEVELAND - Indians manager Terry Francona doesn't like being an October outsider. This is his month.
- Royals to give Ventura start in Game 1 of ALDS Updated: Oct-06-15 3:06 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals will start hard-throwing youngster Yordano Ventura in Game 1 of the AL Division Series, regardless of whether Kansas City plays the Yankees or Astros on Thursday night.
- Royals head into postseason with newfound expectations Updated: Oct-06-15 2:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals were just happy to be invited to the party last year, ending a 29-year postseason drought before squeaking through a dramatic wild-card game against the Athletics.
- Last-place Detroit Tigers face uncertain future Updated: Oct-05-15 8:37 pm
- Unsatisfied Twins make significant strides with 83-79 finish Updated: Oct-05-15 5:29 pm
- Royals back in playoffs with stingy, rebuilt bullpen Updated: Oct-05-15 2:20 pm
- White Sox move on after disappointing season Updated: Oct-05-15 1:03 pm
CHICAGO - David Robertson came to the Chicago White Sox with an eye on closing meaningful games in October, and he can still see it happening.
- Indians fall short of expectations, playoffs in 2015 Updated: Oct-05-15 12:42 pm
CLEVELAND - Jason Kipnis stood near his locker, already showing signs of an early-fall cleanout, and sized up a season of major momentum swings and minor fulfillment.
- Chris Young pitches Royals past Twins 3-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - After watching Chris Young strike out the side in the sixth inning, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost approached his starter in the dugout to tell him he was nearing his pitch limit.
- Royals put big dent in Twins' wild-card bid with 3-1 win Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins clubhouse, clouded so often this season by fog machines for the post-victory dance parties, was crystal clear and eerily quiet following the 160th game on the schedule.
- Ortiz homers in return but Red Sox lose 8-2 to Indians Updated: Oct-03-15 1:22 am
CLEVELAND - The wind was blowing in hard as Northeast Ohio felt the effects of Hurricane Joaquin. It made no difference to David Ortiz, whose two-run homer rocketed through the strong gusts.
- Tigers lose to White Sox 2-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:01 am
CHICAGO - Alfredo Simon hasn't had the easiest of seasons, battling inconsistency and injury. Even a solid eight-inning effort wasn't good enough to beat Chris Sale.
- Sale sets strikeout record in White Sox's 2-1 win Updated: Oct-02-15 10:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale allowed one run over seven-plus innings and set a White Sox season strikeout record as Chicago beat the Detroit Tigers 2-1 on Friday night.
- Tomlin pitches into 7th as Indians beat Red Sox 8-2 Updated: Oct-02-15 10:21 pm
- Correction: Royals-Guthrie-Oregon School Shooting story Updated: Oct-02-15 9:10 pm
CHICAGO - In a story Oct. 1 about Jeremy Guthrie reacting to the mass shooting in Oregon, The Associated Press misidentified Guthrie as a left-hander. He is a right-hander.
- Sale sets franchise strikeout record Updated: Oct-02-15 8:50 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale set the Chicago White Sox's season strikeout record in the second inning of Friday night's game against the Detroit Tigers.
- White Sox GM Hahn expects Ventura back as manager Updated: Oct-02-15 6:26 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago White Sox general manager Rick Hahn said Friday he expects manager Robin Ventura to return next season.