- Kinsler scratched from Detroit lineup with flu-like symptoms Updated: May-24-16 5:33 pm
DETROIT - Ian Kinsler has been scratched from the Detroit lineup for Tuesday night's game against Philadelphia because of flu-like symptoms.
- White Sox strike early, wilt late in DH split with Indians Updated: May-24-16 1:32 am
CHICAGO - The bats finally broke loose for the White Sox in the opener of Monday's doubleheader. Then they went quiet again to leave Chicago with a 2 1/2-game lead in the AL Central.
- Nolasco falters badly in Twins' 10-4 loss to Royals Updated: May-24-16 1:17 am
MINNEAPOLIS - In his three seasons in Minnesota, Ricky Nolasco has become the poster child for the ailing Twins franchise.
- Perez has 5 hits as Royals beat Twins 10-4 Updated: May-24-16 1:11 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Salvador Perez and the Kansas City Royals have been off to a slow start in defense of their World Series championship.
- Ramirez hits 2 of Indians' 6 HRs in DH split with White Sox Updated: May-24-16 12:51 am
CHICAGO - Six home runs and a dominant pitching performance by an unlikely candidate allowed the Cleveland Indians to earn a doubleheader split.
- Herrera benched over hustle as Phillies fall 5-4 to Tigers Updated: May-24-16 12:00 am
DETROIT - Odubel Herrera had three hits and still ended up being benched.
- Cabrera homers twice to lift Tigers over Phillies 5-4 Updated: May-23-16 11:28 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera is in another one of his slugging grooves, and that's a big reason the Detroit Tigers have rebounded nicely from an awful stretch earlier this month.
- Clevinger allows 2 HR in 1st MLB loss, White Sox top Indians Updated: May-23-16 10:51 pm
CHICAGO - Cleveland Indians rookie Mike Clevinger threw all his pitches in a long at-bat against Brett Lawrie in the fifth inning.
- Royals place Gordon on DL with fractured right wrist Updated: May-23-16 8:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas collided while chasing a foul ball on Sunday, the Kansas City Royals gasped at the prospects of losing two All-Stars on one play.
- Zimmermann expected to miss at least 1 start for Tigers Updated: May-23-16 6:26 pm
DETROIT - Jordan Zimmermann is expected to miss at least one start for Detroit, but Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he was more optimistic Monday than he was when the right-hander left his start a day earlier with a right groin strain.
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura holds the longest hitting streak in major college baseball at 58 games. But the Chicago White Sox manager thinks Boston's Jackie Bradley Jr. faces many more obstacles as he tries to build on a 27-game streak.
- Indians' Joba Chamberlain (chest muscle) on disabled list Updated: May-23-16 3:57 pm
CHICAGO - The Cleveland Indians have placed reliever Joba Chamberlain on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left chest muscle, putting on hold his turnaround season.
- Tigers beat Rays 9-4 but Zimmermann, Cabrera hurt Updated: May-22-16 8:50 pm
DETROIT - Jordan Zimmermann and Miguel Cabrera helped Detroit to a comfortable lead - then they both had to leave with injuries.
- Ventura steps up, but Royals fall short, 3-2 Updated: May-22-16 6:59 pm
CHICAGO - The Kansas City Royals fell just short of a sweep, despite an improved effort from Yordano Ventura.
- White Sox beat Royals 3-2 to avoid sweep Updated: May-22-16 6:45 pm
CHICAGO - The White Sox didn't completely break out of their offensive funk. But they scored just enough runs to win for the third time in 11 games.
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 Updated: May-22-16 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Trying to spark an offense that hasn't met its immense expectations, the Toronto Blue Jays stacked the top of their lineup the past four games with their three main power threats.
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers Updated: May-22-16 6:07 pm
DETROIT - Chris Archer is hoping this latest start was merely a minor setback.
- Cabrera leaves game after being hit in knee area with pitch Updated: May-22-16 3:48 pm
DETROIT - Miguel Cabrera has left Detroit's game against Tampa Bay on Sunday in the seventh inning after being hit around the left knee with a pitch.
- Perkins slowing down rehab in return from shoulder strain Updated: May-22-16 1:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Twins closer Glen Perkins will take a week off from throwing in his rehab to return from a left shoulder strain.
- Twins honoring UND national champion men's hockey team Updated: May-21-16 7:33 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The Minnesota Twins are honoring the University of North Dakota's national champion men's hockey team.
- Boston's Kelly has no-bid broken up after 6 2/3 innings Updated: May-21-16 6:38 pm
- Happ falters late as Blue Jays fall to Twins Updated: May-21-16 5:58 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - J.A. Happ was on a roll for seven innings on Saturday. Then, suddenly, he was on the hook for his second straight loss.
- Holocaust survivor sings national anthem at Tigers game Updated: May-21-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - An 89-year-old Holocaust survivor has fulfilled her longtime wish to sing the U.S. national anthem at a Major League Baseball game.
- Royals activate Moustakas off DL, send Cuthbert to minors Updated: May-21-16 9:56 am
CHICAGO - The Kansas City Royals have activated third baseman Mike Moustakas off the 15-day disabled list.
- Tigers' Sanchez tires in 6th in 7-5 loss to Rays Updated: May-21-16 12:10 am
DETROIT - Brad Ausmus and Anibal Sanchez have one important thing in common right now.