- Athletics edge Indians in 10 innings, 2-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:41 pm
- Dozier homers in 9th for tie, Mariners beat Twins 4-1 in 11 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins had one hit through eight innings. But Brian Dozier said his teammates were swinging well and that they need to be a little more convincing at the plate if they want to hold onto the American League's second wild-card spot.
- Yankees rough up Samardzija, beat White Sox 12-3 Updated: Aug-02-15 6:39 pm
CHICAGO - From Jacoby Ellsbury all the way down to Stephen Drew at the bottom of the lineup, the New York Yankees bashed their way to a winning road trip.
- Orioles wrap up homestand with 6-1 loss to Tigers Updated: Aug-02-15 5:50 pm
BALTIMORE - With the exception of one mighty swing by Chris Davis, the Baltimore Orioles didn't do much right in the finale of an otherwise successful homestand.
- Morrison's RBI double in 11th pushes Mariners past Twins 4-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:32 pm
- Norris shines in debut with Tigers, who beat Orioles 6-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:24 pm
BALTIMORE - Daniel Norris forged a Price-less memory in his debut with Detroit.
- Colabello homers, Jays beat Royals 5-2 in testy game Updated: Aug-02-15 4:35 pm
- Benches, bullpens clear at game between Royals, Jays Updated: Aug-02-15 4:08 pm
TORONTO - Both benches and bullpens emptied after Toronto reliever Aaron Sanchez was ejected for throwing at Kansas City's Alcides Escobar in the eighth inning on Sunday. It was the climax of a game-long spat that began when Royals starter Edinson Volquez hit Josh Donaldson on the left arm in the first inning.
- Yankees place RHP Diego Moreno on DL with elbow inflammation Updated: Aug-02-15 1:36 pm
CHICAGO - The New York Yankees placed reliever Diego Moreno on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and recalled right-hander Branden Pinder from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Twins to place LHP Milone on DL with elbow strain Updated: Aug-02-15 12:53 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins will place pitcher Tommy Milone on the 15-day disabled list with a mild left elbow strain, retroactive to Aug. 1.
- Anderson goes 6-plus innings in Indians' 5-1 loss to A's Updated: Aug-02-15 1:02 am
OAKLAND, California - Cody Anderson pitched in front of family and friends for the first time. He enjoyed the experience despite coming out on the losing end.
- Mitchell, Yankees lose 8-2 to White Sox Updated: Aug-02-15 12:18 am
CHICAGO - Bryan Mitchell's first start of the season was a rough one.
- Smith's wildness in 9th lets Twins slip past Mariners 3-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Seattle closer Carson Smith had a few rough outings in a row before entering Saturday's game with a chance to notch a save.
- Sanchez struggles as Tigers lose to Orioles 6-2 Updated: Aug-01-15 11:22 pm
BALTIMORE - Their starting pitcher was hit hard, the offense offered little support and the team fell into an early hole that proved too difficult to overcome.
- White Sox put Shuck on DL, recall Carroll from Triple-A Updated: Aug-01-15 6:11 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox placed outfielder J.B. Shuck on the 15-day disabled list Saturday for a strained left hamstring and recalled right-handed pitcher Scott Carroll from Triple-A Charlotte.
- Lowe roughed in up in Toronto debut, Royals beat Jays 7-6 Updated: Aug-01-15 5:08 pm
TORONTO - New Toronto reliever Mark Lowe will want to wipe away the bad memories from his Blue Jays debut as soon as possible.
- Graveman has quality start in A's loss to Tribe Updated: Aug-01-15 2:08 am
OAKLAND, California - Kendall Graveman's work paid off.
- La Lob returns as White Sox lose to Yankees 13-6 Updated: Aug-01-15 1:51 am
CHICAGO - La Lob is back.
- Mets add hitting help, trade for Tigers OF Cespedes Updated: Jul-31-15 11:09 pm
NEW YORK - Yoenis Cespedes put on a scintillating show at Citi Field while winning the Home Run Derby two years ago. Now he has two months to power the New York Mets into the playoffs.
- Twins get bullpen help, add Jepsen from Rays Updated: Jul-31-15 7:03 pm
- Former White Sox pitcher Billy Pierce dies at 88 Updated: Jul-31-15 5:25 pm
CHICAGO - Billy Pierce, a seven-time All-Star pitcher who played in two World Series and spent most of his 18 years in the majors with the Chicago White Sox, died Friday. He was 88.
- Indians send reliever Rzepczynski to Padres Updated: Jul-31-15 5:20 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians have made their third trade this week, sending left-handed reliever Marc Rzepczynski to the San Diego Padres for outfielder Abraham Almonte.
- The Latest: Cespedes, Haren, Revere traded at MLB's deadline Updated: Jul-31-15 5:04 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments as Major League Baseball hits a deadline Friday for trades where players do not first have to pass through waivers (all times Eastern):
- Hamilton's game-ending hit gives Texas 7-6 win over Yankees Updated: Jul-31-15 1:17 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Josh Hamilton's big swing in the first inning quickly got the Texas Rangers even after they fell in a 3-0 hole.
- Red Sox rock Sale, win 8-2 to snap White Sox streak Updated: Jul-30-15 11:55 pm
BOSTON - Steven Wright and the slumping Red Sox looked like a long shot against Chris Sale and the surging White Sox on Thursday night.