- Moustakas, Royals agree to $14.3 million, 2-year contract Updated: Feb-11-16 10:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals and third baseman Mike Moustakas agreed Thursday to a $14.3 million, two-year contract that not only avoids arbitration this year but also buys out his final year.
- With Dombrowski in Boston, trades with Cashman could slow Updated: Feb-11-16 9:16 pm
NEW YORK - Now that he's with the Boston Red Sox, Dave Dombrowski doesn't expect to be making a lot of trades with Yankees general manager Brian Cashman.
- Ozzie Guillen to manage in native Venezuela next winter Updated: Feb-10-16 8:37 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Ozzie Guillen, who led the Chicago White Sox to the 2005 World Series title, was hired Wednesday to manage the La Guaira Sharks of the Venezuelan Winter League next offseason.
- Ex-Tigers pitcher loses bid for new trial in contract case Updated: Feb-10-16 6:26 am
HOWELL, Michigan - A judge has rejected a request by ex-Detroit Tigers pitcher Denny McLain for a new trial in a breach-of-contract case.
- RHP Mat Latos agrees to $3M, 1-year deal with White Sox Updated: Feb-09-16 4:45 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos agreed Tuesday to a $3 million, one-year contract with the Chicago White Sox, giving manager Robin Ventura another option for the back end of his rotation.
- Rafael Palmeiro's son, Orioles agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-09-16 2:30 pm
BALTIMORE - A son of former Orioles star Rafael Palmeiro has agreed to a minor league contract with Baltimore.
- AP source: J.D. Martinez, Tigers reach $18.5M, 2-year deal Updated: Feb-08-16 9:07 pm
DETROIT - J.D. Martinez has agreed to an $18.5 million, two-year contract with the Detroit Tigers, according to a person with knowledge of the deal.
- Pitcher Craig Stammen, Indians agree to minor league deal Updated: Feb-08-16 2:56 pm
CLEVELAND - Right-hander Craig Stammen has agreed to a minor league contract with the Cleveland Indians and will report to big league spring training.
- Carlos Quentin to try comeback with Twins Updated: Feb-02-16 2:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Outfielder Carlos Quentin and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a minor league contract, giving the 33-year-old a chance to revive his career.
- Sano ready for move to right field with Twins Updated: Feb-01-16 7:10 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When the Minnesota Twins start spring training later this month, Miguel Sano will trot his muscular frame out to right field for an audition at his new position.
- Report: Royals have biggest attendance increase over decade Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A financial news and opinion company reports the Kansas City Royals have seen the biggest increase in fan attendance among all major professional U.S. sports teams over a 10-year span.
- Tigers send Marte to Angels for Eaves in infielder swap Updated: Jan-27-16 12:57 pm
- Josh Tomlin, Indians agree to $5.5 million, 2-year contract Updated: Jan-26-16 3:20 pm
CLEVELAND - Josh Tomlin has shown toughness and tenacity during his time with the Indians. On Tuesday, he was rewarded for it.
- Plouffe and Twins agree to $7.25M deal, avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-25-16 2:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Third baseman Trevor Plouffe and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a $7.25 million, one-year contract to avoid arbitration.
- Gibson praises Upton after outfielder's arrival in Detroit Updated: Jan-23-16 5:30 pm
DETROIT - Kirk Gibson and Justin Upton are being reunited - sort of.
- Carew, awaiting transplant, to attend TwinsFest next weekend Updated: Jan-22-16 4:17 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins say Hall of Famer Rod Carew is healthy enough to attend the team's annual fan festival next weekend.
- Even with big additions, Tigers still counting on holdovers Updated: Jan-21-16 6:31 pm
- Chicago White Sox, reliever Matt Albers agree to 1-year deal Updated: Jan-21-16 5:44 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox and reliever Matt Albers have agreed to a one-year contract that guarantees $2.25 million and includes a club option for 2017.
- Twins launch new customizable partial season ticket plan Updated: Jan-21-16 2:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins have a plan for ticket buyers who might be afraid of commitment.
- 'More than a tweak': Tigers introduce Justin Upton Updated: Jan-21-16 10:39 am
DETROIT - Al Avila says it was around Christmas that the Detroit Tigers' offseason changed.
- Chicago White Sox hire Willie Harris in minor leagues Updated: Jan-19-16 5:19 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have hired 2005 championship team member Willie Harris as a minor league hitting coach.
- Royals complete $17.5M, 2-year deal with outfielder Cain Updated: Jan-18-16 4:50 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals finalized their $17.5 million, two-year deal with Lorenzo Cain on Monday, buying out the All-Star outfielder's final two years of arbitration.
- Minnesota Twins legend Oliva visiting Bismarck on Monday Updated: Jan-17-16 9:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Legendary Minnesota Twins outfielder Tony Oliva is visiting Bismarck on Monday as part of the annual Twins Caravan tour.
- AP source: Royals, Ian Kennedy reach 5-year, $70M deal Updated: Jan-16-16 12:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals and pitcher Ian Kennedy agreed to a $70 million, five-year deal Saturday that includes an opt-out after the first two years, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.
- Tigers agree to deal with Iglesias, avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-15-16 8:37 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have agreed on a one-year, $2.1 million contract with All-Star shortstop Jose Iglesias, averting arbitration.