- State TV says 14 Russians on list for 2008 Olympic doping Updated: May-24-16 3:16 pm
MOSCOW - Ten medalists from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, including 2012 high jump champion Anna Chicherova, were among 14 Russians that tested positive in the reanalysis of their doping samples, state television reported Tuesday.
- Female Power: US, China look to women for medals in Olympics Updated: May-19-16 2:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The United States and China are tipped to finish 1-2 in the medals table at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, and they'll rely heavily on female athletes to do it.
- Olympic hopes dashed for former Russian swimmer Vyatchanin Updated: May-19-16 10:04 am
Two-time Olympic medalist Arkady Vyatchanin has given up on his bid to swim at the Rio Games after FINA denied his request to represent Serbia.
- Bolt: Positive Beijing retests 'bad news' for sport Updated: May-18-16 3:30 pm
PRAGUE - Usain Bolt called it "really bad news" for sport after the announcement that 31 athletes were caught doping in retests from the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- Report: US launches investigation into Russian doping claims Updated: May-17-16 9:49 pm
NEW YORK - U.S. prosecutors are investigating claims that dozens of top Russian athletes participated in a sophisticated state-sponsored doping program, The New York Times reported Tuesday.
- Russia has doping problem and is 'sorry,' says minister Updated: May-15-16 10:37 am
MOSCOW - Russia has a "problem" with doping and is "very sorry" that its cheating athletes were not caught sooner, the country's sports minister said.
- Russia, Kenya track teams may miss Rio after doping rulings Updated: May-12-16 7:31 pm
MONTREAL - Together, Russia and Kenya won 27 medals at the last Olympics in track and field. Their total at the next one could be zero.
- Clean methods only for Russia in Rio, top medic tells Putin Updated: May-05-16 10:35 am
MOSCOW - The head of Russia's state medical agency has told President Vladimir Putin that Russian athletes will use "clean technologies only" in preparing for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Mother and son shooters aim to make history at Olympics Updated: May-03-16 12:30 pm
TBILISI, Georgia - Going into her eighth Olympics, former shooting champion Nino Salukvadze has plenty of reasons to be proud of her long career.
- Russian track team could return at European Championships Updated: Apr-27-16 12:22 pm
GENEVA - If reinstated in June, Russia could still compete at the European track championships in July, the head of European Athletics said Wednesday after meeting senior officials in Moscow.