- Falcons' promising season in freefall after 3rd loss in row Updated: Nov-23-15 5:52 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - A team that wins its first five games almost always makes the NFL playoffs.
- Vinatieri's late 43-yard FG lifts Colts past Falcons, 24-21 Updated: Nov-23-15 2:41 am
ATLANTA - Pat McAfee can't believe Adam Vinatieri is still making game-winning kicks.
- Latest from the NFL: Packers snap three-game skid Updated: Nov-22-15 8:00 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 11th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Vinatieri kicks another winner, Colts beat Falcons 24-21 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:26 pm
ATLANTA - The ol' geezers came through for the Indianapolis Colts.
- Falcons squander lead, lose another close one to Colts 24-21 Updated: Nov-22-15 6:20 pm
ATLANTA - The season began with such promise for the Atlanta Falcons.
- Falcons' Freeman has concussion, won't return against Colts Updated: Nov-22-15 2:05 pm
- Carlos Hyde out; Shaun Draughn to start in Seattle Updated: Nov-20-15 7:54 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - San Francisco running back Carlos Hyde will miss his third game with a stress fracture in his left foot, 49ers coach Jim Tomsula said Friday, days after suggesting he might be available.
- Moore, 2 other defensive starters probable for Falcons Updated: Nov-20-15 4:00 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Falcons safety William Moore, cornerback Robert Alford and linebacker Justin Durant are listed as probable for Sunday's game against Indianapolis.
- Colts safety Mike Adams out for Falcons game Updated: Nov-20-15 2:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Colts will be without Pro Bowl safety Mike Adams for Sunday's game at Atlanta as he recovers from an injured left ankle.
- Colts' Chudzinski faces new challenge: No Luck and Falcons Updated: Nov-20-15 2:34 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Rob Chudzinski doesn't have a problem with the recent challenges the Colts have had to face. He doesn't have an issue with recent changes. In fact, the associate head coach insists, he welcomes all of it in a way.
- For Falcons star Jones, the only stat that matters is wins Updated: Nov-19-15 7:01 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Julio Jones is on pace for one of the greatest receiving years in NFL history.
- Gabbert provides 49ers' offense new look against Seahawks Updated: Nov-18-15 6:27 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Having not won in Seattle's CenturyLink Field since 2011, the San Francisco 49ers are hoping a change at quarterback can spark their struggling offense against the Seahawks.
- Colts' secondary faces another big test against Falcons Updated: Nov-18-15 6:16 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Colts cornerback Vontae Davis doesn't play the numbers game.
- Ryan downplays talk of possible changes on Falcons' offense Updated: Nov-18-15 5:01 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - A bye week gave Falcons coach Dan Quinn a chance to consider tweaks to the team's slumping offense.
- 49ers Tomsula names Gabbert starting QB to face Seattle Updated: Nov-09-15 10:19 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - As expected, San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Tomsula is sticking with Blaine Gabbert as the starting quarterback after the bye week.
- Falcons take first losing streak under Quinn into bye week Updated: Nov-09-15 5:19 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Dan Quinn dismissed Atlanta Falcons players for their bye week on Monday with instructions to rest, heal and come back ready to "let it rip."
- Promoted backup QB Blaine Gabbert leads 49ers past Falcons Updated: Nov-09-15 2:51 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Jim Tomsula's team had just pulled off a hard-to-come-by victory against a contender and still found himself noncommittal about his starting quarterback for the next game.
- Promoted backup Blaine Gabbert leads 49ers past Falcons Updated: Nov-08-15 11:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Blaine Gabbert led the San Francisco 49ers to a rare win, then left Levi's Stadium unsure if he has earned himself another start.
- Latest from the NFL: Steelers QB Roethlisberger hurts a leg Updated: Nov-08-15 4:17 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the ninth Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Column: Cowboys debacle shows value of reliable QB backup Updated: Nov-06-15 6:05 pm
The most important position in the NFL is often the most vulnerable.
- Falcons waive Southward, sign King to 53-man roster Updated: Nov-06-15 5:13 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons have waived Dezmen Southward, a third-round draft pick last year, to make room for cornerback Akeem King on the 53-man roster.
- Jones looking for Atlanta's offense to play mistake-free Updated: Nov-05-15 6:23 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - Julio Jones knows he's not going to make a play every time.
- Falcons could have new-look secondary against 49ers Updated: Nov-04-15 3:43 pm
FLOWERY BRANCH, Georgia - The Atlanta Falcons could have as many as three new starters in their secondary against San Francisco on Sunday, perhaps lessening the defense's ability to take advantage of major changes on the 49ers' offense.
- Eagles getting healthy going into matchup with Cowboys Updated: Nov-03-15 3:58 pm
- Hard Rock Hotel planned near Atlanta Falcons' new stadium Updated: Nov-03-15 6:10 am
ATLANTA - The company behind Hard Rock Hotels says it's planning to open one in the downtown Atlanta area, near the Atlanta Falcons' new stadium.