- 'Just the ticket': 4-star solution to nuclear Air Force ills Updated: Jul-27-15 2:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Working to reinvigorate its nuclear force after years of missteps and scandal, the Air Force is putting a four-star general in charge for the first time in the post-Cold War era. His mission: Restore institutional muscle and assert more influence on the force's behalf.
- Officials: Progress made cleaning up massive jet fuel spill Updated: Jul-23-15 3:52 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - State and federal officials are becoming increasingly confident they'll be able to clean up a massive plume of jet fuel at the edge of Albuquerque before it reaches drinking water wells.
- Air Force secretary updates ND Guard members on priorities Updated: Jul-22-15 2:34 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The secretary of the U.S. Air Force says her visit to Fargo was meant to update members of the North Dakota Air National Guard base on her priorities.
- Air Force delays plans to eliminate Fort Bragg air unit Updated: Jul-14-15 11:38 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - The Air Force has once again delayed plans to do away with a group of transport planes based at Fort Bragg.
- EPA orders treatment of contaminated well at Pease Tradeport Updated: Jul-10-15 11:08 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - The Environmental Protection Agency is ordering the Air Force to treat city-owned wells at the Pease International Tradeport that have been tainted by potentially harmful contaminants.
- $35M hangar at Air Force museum in Dayton nearing completion Updated: Jul-04-15 2:29 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Workers are nearing completion of a 224,000-square-foot hangar at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in southwest Ohio.
- Air Force professor found stranded on cliff after 2 days Updated: Jul-01-15 2:01 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - An Air Force Academy professor who went missing for two days while on a hike is recovering after he got injured and stranded on a cliff face in Colorado.
- Water well testing planned around Cheyenne-area missile site Updated: Jun-30-15 10:55 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A new round of homeowner well testing will occur later this summer near an old nuclear missile site on the plains where the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to rely on naturally present bacteria to break down a plume of groundwater pollution, Corps officials announced at a public meeting Tuesday.
- General takes over Air Force Central Command at Shaw AFB Updated: Jun-30-15 9:40 am
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - A new general has taken over as head of U.S. Air Force operations in the 20-nation region from the Mideast into southwestern Asia that is headquartered at Shaw Air Force Base.
- Vermont native achieves rank of Air Force brigadier general Updated: Jun-29-15 5:08 am
ESSEX, Vermont - A Vermont native was recently sworn in as a brigadier general in the U.S. Air Force with a little help from his dad.