- General takes over Air Force Central Command at Shaw AFB Updated: Jun-30-15 9:40 am
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - A new general has taken over as head of U.S. Air Force operations in the 20-nation region from the Mideast into southwestern Asia that is headquartered at Shaw Air Force Base.
- Vermont native achieves rank of Air Force brigadier general Updated: Jun-29-15 5:08 am
ESSEX, Vermont - A Vermont native was recently sworn in as a brigadier general in the U.S. Air Force with a little help from his dad.
- High court rejects appeal from general denied promotion Updated: Jun-22-15 9:51 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court won't hear an appeal from a retired Air Force general who claims he was illegally denied a promotion after the Defense Department said he failed to adequately protect against a terrorist strike.
- St. Paul airman's remains come home after 46 years Updated: Jun-21-15 5:55 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The remains of a St. Paul airman have been returned to Minnesota, 46 years after his EC-47 aircraft plunged into a Laotian jungle during the Vietnam War.
- Retiree to help restore WWII bomber at Museum of Aviation Updated: Jun-20-15 1:59 pm
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia - A lot of people are excited about a B-17 bomber finally coming to the Museum of Aviation in August, but probably none more than Bob Denison.
- Air Force Thunderbirds among performers at Dayton air show Updated: Jun-20-15 10:08 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and a jet team from France are among the performers flying the skies in an annual air show in southwest Ohio.
- FBI: Man shot outside of Arkansas Air Force base dies Updated: Jun-17-15 5:33 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An armed man who was shot by guards after crashing his SUV while apparently trying to break into an Arkansas military base has died, authorities said Wednesday.
- The Latest: Man shot near base said he found 'spy devices' Updated: Jun-16-15 4:40 pm
3:30 p.m. CDT
- US Air Force chief confirms Libya raid, awaiting results Updated: Jun-15-15 10:14 am
- Ohio museum to re-open missile and space gallery Updated: Jun-14-15 11:01 am
DAYTON, Ohio - The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in southwest Ohio says its missile and space gallery will be open again in time for the 4th of July weekend.
- EXCHANGE: Ex-military couple celebrate McKendree degrees Updated: Jun-12-15 6:28 am
MASCOUTAH, Illinois - Doug and Adrienne Smith have reason to celebrate.
- Minot Air Force Base planes, people in England for exercises Updated: Jun-11-15 6:53 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Minot Air Force Base bombers and personnel are in England this week participating in multinational military exercises.
- Air Force sergeant who fled Illinois trial found in Nevada Updated: Jun-09-15 6:30 pm
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Illinois - An Air Force sergeant who disappeared while awaiting a child sex assault court-martial trial at Scott Air Force Base has been arrested in Nevada.
- Aviators honored at annual 'Gathering of Eagles' in Alabama Updated: Jun-05-15 9:06 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - As one of the nation's famed Red Tail fighters during World War II, Capt. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. would not let racial segregation stop him from becoming a historic Tuskegee Airman.
- Grandson of Enola Gay pilot takes command of B-2 bomb wing Updated: Jun-05-15 3:05 pm
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Missouri - A grandson and namesake of the man who piloted the B-29 that dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, Japan, during World War II took over leadership Friday of the United States' aging fleet of nuclear-capable B-2 stealth bombers.
- School president says he got special coin from Obama Updated: May-31-15 11:22 am
WATERTOWN, South Dakota - The president of a South Dakota technical school says he was stealthily handed a special medallion by President Barack Obama during a visit to the state earlier this month.