- US says flight over Sea of Japan was safe, lawful Updated: May-24-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. says an Air Force reconnaissance flight over the Sea of Japan that triggered a Russian protest was conducted safely and according to international law.
- Shaw Air Force Base hosting open house, Thunderbirds show Updated: May-22-16 6:11 am
SHAW AIR FORCE BASE, South Carolina - Shaw Air Force Base is filling the skies over central South Carolina with flights by the Air Force Thunderbirds precision flying team and the U.S. Army's Black Daggers parachutists.
- Keesler getting aeromedical evacuation squadron Updated: May-21-16 10:35 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The U.S. Air Force will move an aeromedical evacuation squadron to Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, bringing 122 people.
- Agency tells Ohio Air Force base to stop drinking water use Updated: May-20-16 7:09 pm
- All 7 crew members safe as B-52 crashes on Guam Updated: May-19-16 2:02 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - All seven crew members made it out safely when their North Dakota-based B-52 crashed on Guam shortly after takeoff, the U.S. Air Force said. No injuries were reported.
- Air National Guard Base near Detroit to celebrate 100 years Updated: May-17-16 7:46 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An open house, air show and other events are planned next year as officials at Selfridge Air National Guard Base celebrate the facility's 100th anniversary.
- Schumer, Gillibrand tour western NY Air Reserve base Updated: May-16-16 11:50 am
NIAGARA FALLS, New York - U.S. Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand say a western New York air base needs to be expanded and improved ahead of its new mission.
- General is 1st woman to lead top-tier US combat command Updated: May-13-16 11:33 pm
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado - Air Force Gen. Lori J. Robinson on Friday became the first woman to lead a top-tier U.S. warfighting command when she took charge of the North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command in Colorado.
- The Latest: 1st woman takes over top US command Updated: May-13-16 1:50 pm
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado - The Latest on the installation of the first woman to lead a top-tier U.S. warfighting command. (all times local):
- Air Force member charged with sexually assaulting teen girl Updated: May-09-16 3:13 pm
PLAINFIELD, Connecticut - A U.S. Air Force member has been accused in Connecticut of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl he met online.
- Air Force, Anchorage working out deal for city park Updated: May-02-16 9:01 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Anchorage officials and the U.S. Air Force are working toward a solution after finding that the city may have to start paying hundreds of thousands of dollars each year for a 78-acre park on military land.
- Thunderbirds' visit motivates Aviation Academy students Updated: May-01-16 11:17 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Justina Wolfe really wants to be a fighter pilot.
- Combat pilot nominated for Air Force Chief Updated: Apr-26-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter is nominating Gen. David Goldfein to become the next Air Force chief of staff.