- Wisconsin airman among 11 dead in Afghanistan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 8:19 pm
MILWAUKEE - An airman from Wisconsin was among the 11 people killed when a U.S. Air Force military transport crashed at a base in Afghanistan, his sister said Friday.
- 2 from Massachusetts base die in Afghanistan plane crash Updated: Oct-02-15 10:22 am
BEDFORD, Massachusetts - Two of the six U.S. airmen who died this week when a U.S. Air Force C-130J military transport plane crashed in eastern Afghanistan were deployed out of Hanscom Air Force Base in Massachusetts.
- Wife sobs at pretrial hearings in Vegas slaying of US airman Updated: Sep-30-15 5:29 pm
LAS VEGAS - A day after her former boyfriend took a plea deal to avoid the death penalty, the widow of a slain U.S. Air Force service member from Guam sobbed in court during a hearing about evidence to be presented at her own murder-conspiracy death penalty trial.
- Trial begins in Vegas in 2010 slaying of US airman from Guam Updated: Sep-22-15 5:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - A death penalty trial has begun in Las Vegas for a Nevada ex-convict accused of plotting with his girlfriend the ambush slaying of her husband, a U.S. Air Force service member and Iraq War veteran from Guam.
- Mistake-prone Air Force falls 35-21 to No. 4 Michigan State Updated: Sep-19-15 6:17 pm
EAST LANSING ,Mich. - Air Force outgained Michigan State, had more first downs and moved the ball well at times with its option-based offense.
- Military operations begin at expanded bomber training area Updated: Sep-18-15 7:10 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - The first military flying operations took to the air Friday at an enormous bomber training area over the northern Plains that was approved this spring after years of consideration.
- Lighting leads endangered, threatened birds to fall from sky Updated: Sep-16-15 7:13 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - The U.S. Air Force is working to resolve a lighting issue at its Kokee Air Force Station that is causing endangered and threatened birds to fall from the sky.
- Johnson scores 3 TDs, Air Force beats San Jose State, 37-16 Updated: Sep-13-15 3:17 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A late San Jose State turnover paved the way for D.J. Johnson's fourth-quarter surge.
- French train heroes: Foiling attack gives new view on 9/11 Updated: Sep-11-15 9:26 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Three Americans who stopped a gunman on a Paris-bound passenger train talked about the significance of 9/11 on Friday at a festive parade hosted by their California hometown and in an interview to air on national television.
- Air Force to begin condemnation on Nevada bombing range site Updated: Sep-11-15 5:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - The U.S. Air Force says it'll move forward with condemnation to acquire a remote Nevada mine property now surrounded by a vast bombing range including the super-secret Area 51.
- Air Force: Pilot didn't have proper certification for F-16 Updated: Sep-09-15 3:19 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - An F-16 pilot killed when he crashed into the Gulf of Mexico during training did not go through the proper training to begin flying the jets again after a nearly 20-year hiatus, the Air Force says.
- Airman who helped stop train attack returns to US Updated: Sep-04-15 4:41 am
TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE, California - The U.S. Air Force airman who was injured when he and two childhood friends tackled a heavily armed gunman on a Paris-bound train returned to his native California Thursday night.