- Thunderbirds' visit motivates Aviation Academy students Updated: May-01-16 11:17 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - Justina Wolfe really wants to be a fighter pilot.
- Combat pilot nominated for Air Force Chief Updated: Apr-26-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter is nominating Gen. David Goldfein to become the next Air Force chief of staff.
- Air Force bases in Oklahoma await new fleet of KC-46 tankers Updated: Apr-25-16 12:52 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - A new fleet of tankers is expected to give the U.S. Air Force a more efficient option for refueling planes midflight.
- US flies F-22s to Romania as show of strength to Russia Updated: Apr-25-16 11:16 am
CONSTANTA, Romania - The U.S. Air Force on Monday flew in two F-22 Raptor fighter jets to Romania as a show of strength to deter Russian intervention in Ukraine.
- Restoring water at former Pease base could take 'decades' Updated: Apr-20-16 4:35 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - An Air Force official told members of the Pease Restoration Advisory Board that it will most likely take "decades" to restore water to acceptable standards at the former Pease base.
- Air Force wants to hear from Tinker community on new mission Updated: Apr-19-16 6:28 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The U.S. Air Force is holding a public meeting to gather input from the communities surrounding Tinker Air Force Base about where it should permanently house an operating base for its KC-46A refueling tankers.
- Air Force considering Ohio base for F-35A fighter jets Updated: Apr-17-16 11:52 am
SWANTON, Ohio - Military officials say the U.S. Air Force is considering northwest Ohio for one of two Air National Guard bases that will house next-generation fighter jets.
- Nellis base welcomes 57th Wing's first woman commander Updated: Apr-16-16 5:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada welcomed the first woman leader of the 57th Wing when Brig. Gen. Jeannie M. Leavitt took command in a ceremony, The Las Vegas Review-Journal (http://bit.ly/1NfmKI9 ) reported.
- Bases in Arizona, Florida, Missouri, Texas eyed for F-35As Updated: Apr-13-16 7:06 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Military installations in Arizona, Florida, Missouri and Texas are under consideration to be the home base for the first Air Force Reserve squadron that will fly the new F-35A fighter.
- Review: 1957 cold case conviction riddled with missteps Updated: Apr-13-16 8:47 am
CHICAGO - Half a century after the mysterious abduction and killing of a 7-year-old Illinois girl, authorities found a suspect - a former neighbor of the child - secured his conviction and put an end to a small town's agony.
- Relocation of wildfire aircraft draws criticism Updated: Apr-09-16 8:34 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - The U.S. Air Force is being criticized for a proposal to relocate military air tanker equipment used to fight wildfires to Nevada instead of Montana after officials from Montana said the planes and the support teams in Montana would be closer to bigger fires in several Western states.
- Barksdale B-52s arrive in Qatar to fight Islamic State group Updated: Apr-09-16 7:38 pm
- Official: Ex-FBI agent was gunman in Texas base shooting Updated: Apr-09-16 6:31 pm
DALLAS - A former FBI agent who later enlisted in the U.S. Air Force was identified Saturday as the man who killed his commander at an air base in San Antonio before turning the gun on himself.
- US brings B-52 bombers back to the Mideast to target IS Updated: Apr-09-16 2:43 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United States has deployed B-52 bombers to the Mideast nation of Qatar to take part in the U.S.-led bombing campaign against the Islamic State group, the Air Force said Saturday.
- Army parachute team set for Minot base open house, air show Updated: Apr-09-16 3:29 am
- The Latest: Firearms heavily restricted at base where 2 died Updated: Apr-08-16 2:41 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The Latest on the shooting at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland (all times local):
- Southwest Ohio Air Force base names new commander Updated: Apr-08-16 3:57 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in southwest Ohio is getting a new commander this summer.
- Ohio family held at gunpoint on Air Force museum visit sues Updated: Apr-03-16 12:18 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An Ohio family handcuffed and held at gunpoint during a 2014 visit to the National Air Force Museum is suing Wright-Patterson Air Force Base security officers alleging civil rights violations.
- Lexington attorney sees possibilities, not disability Updated: Apr-02-16 1:38 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Amy Dougherty has never felt a sense of limitation.
- Crews safely detonate Civil War-era land mine in Arkansas Updated: Apr-01-16 8:39 am
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Crews have safely detonated a Civil War-era land mine that prompted the evacuation of about 20 homes in Arkansas.