- AP Sources: Michel Platini will run for FIFA president Updated: Jul-28-15 10:51 am
GENEVA - Michel Platini will run for FIFA president and plans to announce his intentions this week.
- Sepp Blatter deserves the Nobel Prize, Vladimir Putin says Updated: Jul-28-15 7:46 am
MOSCOW - Vladimir Putin and Sepp Blatter just can't stop praising each other.
- FIFA, Blatter get back to World Cup business at Putin home Updated: Jul-25-15 5:16 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA and Sepp Blatter put their corruption crisis aside and got back to World Cup business at the 2018 tournament qualifying draw hosted by Vladimir Putin at a Russian state residence on Saturday.
- Blatter heads to Russia for first foreign trip since crisis Updated: Jul-22-15 2:17 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA President Sepp Blatter is due in Russia on Thursday for his first overseas trip since the arrests of fellow soccer executives in May left him unwilling to leave the safety of Switzerland.
- FIFA vote to be held Feb 26; Blatter defies calls to go now Updated: Jul-20-15 5:08 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter had a good day at the office on Monday, even if a prankster tried to spoil it by showering the FIFA president with fake dollar bills at a news conference.
- Blatter, Platini meet at Sunday session of FIFA leaders Updated: Jul-19-15 1:45 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter hosted Michel Platini and football's other continental presidents on Sunday, in their first formal meeting since the FIFA president announced he would leave office amid a corruption crisis.
- Brazil's soccer chief decides not to travel to Switzerland Updated: Jul-18-15 1:35 am
SAO PAULO - The president of the Brazilian football confederation will not attend FIFA's upcoming executive committee meeting in Switzerland, where his predecessor was arrested on corruption charges less than two months ago.
- With no Blatter, Hayatou to present trophy at Women's WCup Updated: Jul-01-15 4:25 pm
With Sepp Blatter staying away, FIFA Senior Vice President and African soccer head Issa Hayatou will present the trophy at the Women's World Cup final in Canada, a senior official at Hayatou's Confederation of African Football said Wednesday.
- Blatter not traveling to Women's World Cup final in Canada Updated: Jul-01-15 6:47 am
MONTREAL - FIFA President Sepp Blatter will skip the Women's World Cup final in Canada, avoiding a visit to North America at a time when U.S. officials are pursuing a criminal investigation into the soccer's ruling body.