- New charges filed against man in St. Louis robbery-shooting Updated: Nov-18-15 5:33 pm
ST. LOUIS - A man already facing state charges in a robbery shooting that wounded and paralyzed a man as he left a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game with his girlfriend was indicted Wednesday by federal grand jurors on seven felony counts.
- Red Sox DH Ortiz to retire after 2016 season Updated: Nov-18-15 3:52 pm
BOSTON - Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, Boston's beloved "Big Papi" who helped the cursed franchise end its dynasty of disappointment and cursed out the bombers who attacked his adopted city, said on Wednesday he will play one more year before retiring.
- Cardinals great Lou Brock recovering after leg amputation Updated: Nov-11-15 3:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer Lou Brock, a former base stealing champion, has had his left leg amputated below the knee due to an infection related to diabetes.
- Cardinals' Lance Lynn has Tommy John surgery Updated: Nov-10-15 5:22 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals right-hander Lance Lynn had surprise Tommy John surgery Tuesday and will be sidelined all of next season.
- Top Cardinals pitching prospect Reyes suspended 50 games Updated: Nov-09-15 9:24 pm
NEW YORK - St. Louis Cardinals right-hander Alex Reyes, one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, was suspended for 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program following a second positive test for a drug of abuse on Monday.
- Cardinals make qualifying offers to Heyward, Lackey Updated: Nov-06-15 12:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Cardinals have made $15.8 million qualifying offers to outfielder Jason Heyward and pitcher John Lackey, free agents who were instrumental on the NL Central title team.
- Cards exercise $11.5M option on Garcia, decline on Broxton Updated: Nov-02-15 4:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Cardinals have exercised their $11.5 million option on left-hander Jaime Garcia and declined their $9 million mutual option on right-handed reliever Jonathan Broxton, who gets a $2 million buyout.