- Cardinals return favor, beat Brewers 1-0 Updated: Jun-03-15 12:04 am
ST. LOUIS - Matt Holliday's on-base streak ended at a National League-record 45 games to start the season long before Trevor Rosenthal got a double-play ball for the final outs.
- Holliday's on-base streak ends at 45 after ejection Updated: Jun-02-15 10:21 pm
- Garcia effort wasted in Cardinals' 1-0 loss to Brewers Updated: Jun-02-15 1:05 am
ST. LOUIS - In all three of Jaime Garcia's starts, the left-hander has given the St. Louis Cardinals a chance to win. He's not even thinking about the shoulder woes that have cost him much of the last two seasons.
- Martinez honors late Taveras, pitches Cardinals over Dodgers Updated: May-31-15 7:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Once he wiped away the tears, Carlos Martinez went to work.
- Holliday taken out after 4 innings vs. Dodgers Updated: May-30-15 10:57 pm
- Cardinals activate Jay from DL, but not in lineup Updated: May-29-15 7:40 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals activated outfielder Jon Jay from the 15-day disabled list but did not have him in the lineup against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Grichuk could cut into Jay's playing time for Cardinals Updated: May-28-15 6:29 pm
- Cardinals rally, complete sweep of Diamondbacks Updated: May-28-15 1:09 am
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward shook off a critical error with a game-tying homer. Peter Bourjos' legs did the rest to ensure a St. Louis Cardinals sweep.
- Cardinals place Adams on DL, recall C Ed Easley Updated: May-28-15 12:20 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams could miss the rest of the season with a strained right quadriceps and will undergo surgery Friday.
- Adams injured running bases, removed in 5th inning Updated: May-27-15 12:00 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals anticipate first baseman Matt Adams will be placed on the 15-day disabled list after straining his right quadriceps while running out a double in the fifth inning Tuesday night.
- Cardinals' Gonzales sidelined by shoulder injury Updated: May-26-15 7:32 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals pitching prospect Marco Gonzales won't throw for about three weeks and will get a cortisone injection for a shoulder injury.
- Cards mascot photographed holding "police lives matter" sign Updated: May-25-15 3:44 pm
ST. LOUIS - A photo of St. Louis Cardinals mascot Fredbird holding a "police lives matter" sign was posted to a police association Facebook page before the team asked that it be taken down.
- Wacha improves to 7-0, Cards end 3-game skid by beating KC Updated: May-24-15 7:26 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When Michael Wacha is on the mound, Matt Carpenter and the St. Louis Cardinals like their chances.
- Cardinals slowed by Royals, rain in 3-2 loss Updated: May-24-15 12:05 am
- Big days for deGrom, Duda lead Mets over Cardinals 5-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:57 am
NEW YORK - Jacob deGrom was simply overpowering. Almost perfect, too.
- Cardinals send Tuivailala to minors, opening spot for Garcia Updated: May-21-15 1:09 pm
- For more skippers, no prior managing experience required Updated: May-18-15 12:09 pm
MILWAUKEE - Craig Counsell played 15 years in the majors, scouted and has worked with minor league players and coaches. But he never coached or managed in the minors or majors before taking over as Milwaukee's manager for Brewers general manager Doug Melvin.
- Wong, Lynn star as Cardinals beat Tigers to avoid sweep Updated: May-18-15 12:18 am
ST. LOUIS - Kolten Wong had been paying attention in the dugout, so he was sitting on the fastball. He doesn't mind those big moments, either.
- Carpenter's homer in 8th lifts Cardinals over Indians 2-1 Updated: May-14-15 4:44 pm
CLEVELAND - Matt Carpenter's first three at-bats were miserable, forgettable and completely unproductive.
- Kluber gives up first hit in 7th inning Updated: May-13-15 8:36 pm
- Cardinals' Holliday leaves game after being hit by pitch Updated: May-13-15 7:44 pm
- Indians fall to Cardinals 8-3 Updated: May-12-15 11:35 pm
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland Indians will have to wait a little longer to get consecutive wins for the second time this season.
- 3B Matt Carpenter returns to Cardinals' lineup Updated: May-12-15 3:53 pm
CLEVELAND - St. Louis Cardinals third baseman Matt Carpenter has returned to the lineup after missing a weekend series in Pittsburgh because of fatigue.
- Cardinals coming off first series loss of season Updated: May-11-15 5:32 pm
ST. LOUIS - More than a month into the season, the St. Louis Cardinals finally lost a series.
- Pirates slip past Cards for 4-3 victory Updated: May-10-15 6:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang has gotten off to a fast start for the Pittsburgh Pirates