- NLDS gives Cubs, Cardinals chance to make new memories Updated: Oct-09-15 3:26 am
ST. LOUIS - Joe Maddon stepped to the podium spouting names of obscure Cardinals from the past.
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Lester vs Lackey matches former Red Sox teammates Updated: Oct-08-15 6:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey has been quite the bargain for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- St. Louis police to increase security for baseball playoffs Updated: Oct-08-15 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Baseball fans converging on the city's downtown for the playoffs series between the Cardinals and the Chicago Cubs can expect a beefed-up police presence, St. Louis' police chief pledged Thursday, two weeks after a shooting near Busch Stadium left a fan unable to walk and spawned unease about downtown safety.
- Molina on Cardinals' roster, will play wearing splint Updated: Oct-08-15 4:43 pm
ST. LOUIS - All-Star catcher Yadier Molina is on the St. Louis Cardinals' roster for the NL Division Series against the Chicago Cubs and will play wearing a splint to protect a strained ligament in his left thumb.
- Pirates head into offseason after another October stumble Updated: Oct-08-15 12:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - The man who symbolized the Pittsburgh Pirates' resurgence offered one final bit of advice before hopping onto his custom-made, Batman-inspired ride and zooming off into retirement.
- Carpenter's career-high 28 homers boost Cardinals offense Updated: Oct-07-15 6:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Matt Carpenter really muscled up this season. The St. Louis Cardinals leadoff man hit 28 homers, more than his first three major league seasons combined.
- Besides Lackey in Game 1, Matheny mum on rotation Updated: Oct-07-15 5:04 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey gets the start in Game 1 of the NL Division Series for the St. Louis Cardinals on Friday.
- Chamber: Each Cardinals playoff game worth $5.9 million Updated: Oct-06-15 5:10 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals are back in the playoffs for the fifth straight year, and that's good news for the region's economy.
- Cards catcher Molina will try to play with splint over thumb Updated: Oct-05-15 6:31 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina will try to play in the NL Division Series while wearing a splint to protect his injured left thumb.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Garcia not concerned over losing 4-inning start Updated: Oct-03-15 12:36 am
ATLANTA - Jamie Garcia wasn't discouraged after pitching his shortest outing in more than two years.
- Teheran, Castro lead Braves past Cardinals Updated: Oct-02-15 11:48 pm
ATLANTA - Julio Teheran closed out the regular season just the way he wanted.
- Cardinals rout Pirates, clinch 3rd straight NL Central title Updated: Sep-30-15 11:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - The celebration has become a fall ritual for the St. Louis Cardinals. The champagne showers. The rowdy sing-alongs. The giddy clubhouse joy.
- Prosecutor: Man charged in fan shooting after Cardinals game Updated: Sep-30-15 7:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - A St. Louis man was ordered jailed Wednesday on $1 million cash bond after being charged in the robbery shooting that wounded and potentially paralyzed an Army veteran as he left a St. Louis Cardinals game with his girlfriend.
- Cardinals-Pirates rained out, doubleheader Wednesday Updated: Sep-29-15 7:03 pm
PITTSBURGH - The St. Louis Cardinals have to wait at least one more day to break out the champagne after rain postponed Tuesday night's game in Pittsburgh.
- Cardinals outfielder Piscotty injured in violent collision Updated: Sep-28-15 11:43 pm
PITTSBURGH - St. Louis Cardinals rookie Stephen Piscotty was carted off the field Monday night following a violent collision with teammate Peter Bourjos.
- Things to know for Monday in the state of Pennsylvania Updated: Sep-28-15 9:54 am
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Monday.
- Rogers' grand slam in 9th rallies Brewers past Cardinals Updated: Sep-27-15 11:08 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jason Rogers feels right at home in the spoiler role.
- Cards 3B Carpenter exits early with tightness in left hip Updated: Sep-26-15 9:28 pm
- Cardinals shutting down Martinez with shoulder injury Updated: Sep-26-15 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Carlos Martinez is done for the year because of a shoulder strain.
- Brewers edge Cardinals 4-3; Braun set to start Updated: Sep-26-15 1:14 am
ST. LOUIS - Ryan Braun showed the Milwaukee Brewers he's ready to play again.
- Cards' Martinez lifted after 7 pitches with shoulder injury Updated: Sep-25-15 8:53 pm
- Pirates rally to beat Rockies 5-4, earn 10,000th win Updated: Sep-24-15 11:03 pm
DENVER - These days, the Pittsburgh Pirates are spreading their clutch play around, and Pedro Alvarez was the latest to step into the spotlight.
- Carpenter homers twice as Cardinals rout Reds 10-2 Updated: Sep-24-15 1:35 am
ST. LOUIS - Lance Lynn returned to form and Matt Holliday returned to the lineup for the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday night.