- One pitch hurts Garcia in Cardinals' 4-0 loss to Reds Updated: Jul-29-15 12:11 am
ST. LOUIS - Back from a long stint on the disabled list, Jaime Garcia matched zeroes with Mike Leake for five innings. One pitch doomed the St. Louis Cardinals lefty.
- Votto's shot, Leake's arm pace Reds past Cardinals 4-0 Updated: Jul-28-15 11:50 pm
ST. LOUIS - If that was Mike Leake's final turn in the rotation with the Cincinnati Reds, he ended with a flourish.
- Cardinals activate Garcia from DL to start against Reds Updated: Jul-28-15 3:12 pm
- Reds miss big chance, Wong's slam sends Cardinals to 4-1 win Updated: Jul-28-15 1:08 am
ST. LOUIS - The Cincinnati Reds had Lance Lynn in trouble early, loading the bases with nobody out in the third inning and their cleanup man due up.
- Molina, feeling ill, replaced by pinch hitter in 5th inning Updated: Jul-27-15 10:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina has been replaced by a pinch hitter in the bottom of the fifth inning of a game against Cincinnati because he was feeling ill.
- Cardinals arrive at un-air conditioned Busch Stadium Updated: Jul-27-15 7:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals players arrived to un-air conditioned Busch Stadium on Monday.
- Braves avoid sweep with 3-2 victory over Cardinals Updated: Jul-26-15 8:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - More than four years after Adonis Garcia defected from Cuba, he hit his first major league home run.
- Freeman returns, but Braves shut out 1-0 by Cardinals Updated: Jul-25-15 11:03 pm
ST. LOUIS - Shelby Miller endured another frustrating start. At least the Atlanta Braves got Freddie Freeman back ahead of schedule.
- Braves activate Freeman, but not in lineup vs. Cardinals Updated: Jul-25-15 6:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - The Atlanta Braves have activated first baseman Freddie Freeman from the 15-day disabled list but he was not in the lineup against the Cardinals because he was traveling and not expected to land in St. Louis until close to game time.
- Reliever Cishek added to roster, Cooney optioned to minors Updated: Jul-25-15 6:20 pm
ST. LOUIS - When Steve Cishek heard he might be traded, the side-arm reliever hoped it would be to the St. Louis Cardinals. He got his wish.
- Cardinals bolster bullpen, get Cishek in trade with Marlins Updated: Jul-24-15 6:20 pm
- Lackey goes 7, Rosenthal holds on as Cardinals beat Royals Updated: Jul-23-15 11:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - John Lackey wore a Cardinals 1985 World Series T-shirt as a 6-year-old growing up in Abilene, Texas, courtesy of an aunt then living in St. Louis.
- Cardinals' Piscotty scratched from lineup with stiff neck Updated: Jul-23-15 5:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - Rookie Stephen Piscotty was scratched from the St. Louis Cardinals lineup due to a stiff neck.
- White Sox blow late lead in 3-2 loss to Cardinals Updated: Jul-23-15 12:51 am
CHICAGO - David Robertson felt it was a good pitch, and Yadier Molina agreed with the closer.
- Molina's clutch triple rallies Cardinals past White Sox 3-2 Updated: Jul-23-15 12:21 am
CHICAGO - With a solid pitching staff and deep lineup, the St. Louis Cardinals can beat you in a variety of ways. This time, it was a rare triple for their All-Star catcher.
- Rodon struggles and White Sox lose to Cardinals 8-5 Updated: Jul-22-15 1:41 am
- Cards call up top hitting prospect Piscotty Updated: Jul-21-15 4:51 pm
CHICAGO - The St. Louis Cardinals have called up outfielder/first baseman Stephen Piscotty, their top hitting prospect, from Triple-A Memphis prior to Tuesday's game against the Chicago White Sox.
- Mets beat Cards in 18 innings despite stranding 25 runners Updated: Jul-19-15 10:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - The New York Mets left 25 men on base and went 1 for 26 with runners in scoring position. In the end, they still managed to pull out a win.
- Duffy leads Royals past Sale, White Sox 4-1 Updated: Jul-19-15 7:42 pm
CHICAGO - There is no big secret to Danny Duffy's July success. No mechanical adjustments. Nothing like that at all.
- Mets manager Terry Collins ejected in 7th inning Updated: Jul-17-15 10:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - Mets manager Terry Collins was ejected in the top of the seventh Friday night against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Cardinals activate OF Holliday from 15-day DL Updated: Jul-17-15 7:12 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals got a key bat back in the lineup, activating All-Star Matt Holliday from the 15-day disabled list.
- Surging Pirates look to carry momentum into second half Updated: Jul-16-15 4:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jordy Mercer and Pedro Alvarez were on the way to their lockers to savor another improbable comeback late Sunday night when the Pittsburgh Pirates teammates stopped in unison in front of one of the half-dozen large-screen televisions in the clubhouse.
- Cards closer Rosenthal has sore arm, will likely miss ASG Updated: Jul-14-15 8:14 pm
CINCINNATI - St. Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal has a sore arm and is likely to miss the All-Star Game.
- The Latest: Frazier feeling effects of Home Run Derby win Updated: Jul-14-15 5:53 pm
- Middle relievers getting their due at All-Star Game Updated: Jul-13-15 6:18 pm
CINCINNATI - Darren O'Day can count his career saves on the fingers of both hands - only 10 digits needed to sum up his eight years of relief work in the majors. Kelvin Herrera needs only one hand to tally his saves total.