- Tricky defensive plays doom Brewers in 6-0 loss to Cardinals Updated: May-30-16 7:04 pm
MILWAUKEE - A tough third inning on defense made for a miserable afternoon for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Martinez, Carpenter help Cardinals shut down Brewers 6-0 Updated: May-30-16 6:34 pm
MILWAUKEE - Carlos Martinez's teammates greeted the pitcher with hugs and handshakes following his eight innings of work at Miller Park.
- Wacha's losing streak continues Cardinals fall 10-2 to Nats Updated: May-29-16 7:36 pm
WASHINGTON - In fairness to Michael Wacha, nobody is beating Stephen Strasburg these days. Then again, Wacha is racking up losses no matter the opponent for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Strasburg improves to 9-0, Nationals down Cardinals 10-2 Updated: May-29-16 6:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Jayson Werth noticed a difference in Stephen Strasburg in spring training and felt the ace was headed for a big season.
- Gonzalez stumbles again as Nationals lose to Cardinals 9-4 Updated: May-28-16 11:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Coming off a miserable start, Gio Gonzalez struck out the first three batters he faced.
- Cardinals activate Matt Carpenter from paternity list Updated: May-28-16 5:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Third baseman Matt Carpenter has been activated from the paternity list by the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Alex Wood injured triceps while batting against Cardinals Updated: May-27-16 7:32 pm
- Cardinals place Matt Carpenter on paternity list Updated: May-26-16 12:46 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals have placed third baseman Matt Carpenter on the paternity list and recalled infielder Greg Garcia from Triple-A Memphis.
- Arrieta moves to 9-0 and Cubs edge Cardinals 9-8 Updated: May-25-16 7:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jake Arrieta got some help from the Cubs' offense to stay perfect.
- Cardinals acquire minor league outfielder from Royals Updated: May-25-16 12:41 pm
- Ex-Red Sox player bidding to become next Vermont governor Updated: May-25-16 9:48 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - A former Major League Baseball player is running for governor in Vermont as a member of the Liberty Union party, which bills itself as nonviolent and socialist.
- Lackey's start spoiled by one swing, Cardinals beat Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-24-16 12:55 am
ST. LOUIS - Another dominant outing for Chicago Cubs starter John Lackey against his former team was spoiled by one swing of the bat.
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 Updated: May-22-16 6:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - Zack Greinke felt as if he was becoming a little too predictable. So the Arizona right-hander decided to mix things up on Sunday.
- Bergman goes on DL as Rockies shake up bullpen Updated: May-20-16 5:25 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Colorado Rockies placed right-handed reliever Christian Bergman on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique and moved around pitchers to shake up their bullpen.
- Carpenter, Adams lead Cardinals over Rockies 13-7 Updated: May-19-16 11:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - Matt Carpenter had it backward on Thursday.
- Louisville hopes to stay hot deep into postseason this time Updated: May-16-16 6:13 pm
Dan McDonnell has had some really good baseball teams in his 10 years at Louisville. This one might be his best.
- Molina's pinch-hit double lifts Cardinals over Dodgers 5-2 Updated: May-16-16 12:21 am
LOS ANGELES - Once again, Yadier Molina managed to be a problem for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Cardinals put RHP Maness on DL, a day after option to minors Updated: May-14-16 9:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - The St. Louis Cardinals have put right-hander Seth Maness on the disabled list, a day after the team announced he was being optioned to Triple-A Memphis.
- Angels' rally falls short as Cardinals complete sweep Updated: May-13-16 3:31 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Los Angeles Angels have fallen so far, they've now been reduced to seeking moral victories.
- Holliday homers twice, Cardinals complete sweep of Angels Updated: May-13-16 3:26 am
ANAHEIM, California - The St. Louis Cardinals couldn't touch Jered Weaver and his low-80s fastball the first time through the order Thursday night.
- Polanco, Jaso homer, lead Cole, Pirates over Cardinals Updated: May-08-16 7:15 pm
ST. LOUIS - Gregory Polanco helped the Pittsburgh Pirates serve up a nice slice of victory pie.
- Cardinals starter Carlos Martinez leaves game due to fatigue Updated: May-06-16 10:06 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals starter Carlos Martinez left Friday night's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates due to fatigue.
- Garcia goes 7, Moss hits long HR as Cardinals blank Phillies Updated: May-05-16 6:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jaime Garcia watched in wonder as teammate Brandon Moss launched a moonshot at Busch Stadium.
- Cardinals 1B Adams exits with bruised knee after collision Updated: May-05-16 3:26 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals first baseman Matt Adams has bruised his left knee and exited Thursday's game at St Louis.
- Scherzer, homers help Nationals sweep Cardinals, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer always makes sure to eat some toasted ravioli when he comes back to Missouri.