- Lynn keeps Cardinals close in 11-inning loss to White Sox Updated: Jul-01-15 1:26 am
ST. LOUIS - The only damage against Lance Lynn came on a single that deflected off second base.
- Sale ties strikeout record, White Sox edge Cardinals in 11th Updated: Jul-01-15 12:59 am
ST. LOUIS - Chris Sale forced another avalanche of swings and misses. Helping at the bat, was an unexpected bonus.
- Garcia questionable for Thursday, Belisle placed on DL Updated: Jun-30-15 7:18 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals lefty Jaime Garcia is a question mark for Thursday's start, still struggling to return from a groin cramp in his last start.
- One day at a time, Cardinals adding to best record in majors Updated: Jun-29-15 4:24 pm
ST. LOUIS - Mike Matheny has zero interest in scanning the daily statistics that show just how efficiently the St. Louis Cardinals are dealing with the opposition.
- Cubs lose 4-1 as Cardinals complete sweep Updated: Jun-29-15 2:24 am
ST. LOUIS - Pitching has not been the problem with the Chicago Cubs. It's the bats that have gone cold.
- Martinez paces Cardinals to 4-1 win, sweep of Cubs Updated: Jun-29-15 2:05 am
ST. LOUIS - Every five or 10 minutes while the game was on hold, Carlos Martinez went to the indoor batting cage to stay loose.
- Garcia likely to start Thursday against White Sox Updated: Jun-28-15 7:05 pm
ST. LOUIS - Cardinals lefty Jaime Garcia is likely to make his next start Thursday against the White Sox, getting two extra days to recover from a groin cramp he sustained running the bases.
- Lynn helps Cardinals complete sweep by beating Marlins 5-1 Updated: Jun-25-15 11:18 pm
MIAMI - When Lance Lynn threw his final pitch Thursday for strike three to escape a jam, he turned toward center field and screamed something with adrenaline-fueled fervor.
- Morgan wins big league debut, leads Phils past Wacha, Cards Updated: Jun-21-15 5:53 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Phillies finally got a victory from a starting pitcher. And Adam Morgan might have been the most unlikely candidate to break their monthlong drought.
- Squirrel causes commotion at Cardinals-Phillies game Updated: Jun-19-15 11:33 pm
- Brand tarnished, Cardinals likely to avoid economic damage Updated: Jun-19-15 5:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals have been the toast of their Midwestern city for generations, a source of civic pride as one of baseball's most successful and cherished franchises.
- While feds investigate, MLB holds back on hacking probe Updated: Jun-19-15 2:49 am
The case of compromised Houston Astros player intel is a federal investigation, not a baseball probe, says MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred.
- Cardinals chairman DeWitt: 'Roguish' behavior to blame Updated: Jun-18-15 7:41 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. blamed "roguish behavior" for the team's involvement in the alleged hacking of the Houston Astros' player personnel database.
- GM Luhnow at center of Cardinals-Astros hacking scandal Updated: Jun-18-15 7:11 pm
- Cards handed 2-game sweep by Twins, as Vargas hits HR in 9th Updated: Jun-18-15 6:24 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Jamie Garcia has given the St. Louis rotation a big lift, with ace Adam Wainwright out and now Lance Lynn injured, too.
- Vargas hits winning HR with 2 outs in 9th; Twins sweep Cards Updated: Jun-18-15 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins have been struggling to score this month, with Joe Mauer and Kennys Vargas at the top of the slump list.
- Astros GM Luhnow disputes details related to hacking probe Updated: Jun-18-15 12:32 pm
HOUSTON - Houston Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow says the notion that poor password protection is to blame for a computer hack of his team's player database is "absolutely false."
- Attorney says Cardinals execs not behind Astros hacking Updated: Jun-17-15 8:14 pm
ST. LOUIS - High-level executives of the St. Louis Cardinals were not involved in the hacking of the Houston Astros' player personnel database, an attorney hired by the team said Wednesday, citing an internal review.
- Cardinals stand accused of hacking Astros player database Updated: Jun-17-15 1:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - Some cybersecurity experts believe professional sports teams have hacked rivals in the past without getting caught.
- Twins lose 3-2 to Cardinals again, wrap up 1-4 trip Updated: Jun-16-15 8:10 pm
ST. LOUIS - For the second straight game, the Minnesota Twins fell just short of success.
- Cardinals play through rain, beat Twins 3-2 again Updated: Jun-16-15 7:37 pm
ST. LOUIS - Before the first pitch, manager Mike Matheny noted there are distractions every day for the St. Louis Cardinals. This, he maintained, was just another one.
- Cardinals sign first-rounders Plummer, Hicks, Woodford Updated: Jun-15-15 7:32 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals signed first-round draft picks Nick Plummer and Jake Woodford to minor league contracts, and had those two plus third-rounder Jordan Hicks in for a workout at Busch Stadium.
- Royals-Cardinals rainout rescheduled for July 23 Updated: Jun-15-15 7:15 pm
- Royals-Cardinals series finale postponed Updated: Jun-14-15 6:42 pm
ST. LOUIS - Mike Matheny stared at a weather map that seemed to recycle unfavorable conditions every half hour or so, signed some items and made sure no one fell for the inevitable rumors that the game would be rained out.
- Heyward catch saves Cardinals' 3-2 win over Royals Updated: Jun-13-15 8:33 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward closed his eyes in the bright glare of the sun, dropped slowly to the turf on his backside, and hoped for the best.