- Iwakuma can't get out of 6th, Mariners lose to Diamondbacks Updated: Jul-29-15 3:10 am
SEATTLE - Hisashi Iwakuma pitched well for five innings, then couldn't get out of the sixth.
- Godley, Peralta lead Diamondbacks past Mariners, 8-4 Updated: Jul-29-15 2:43 am
SEATTLE - Rookie right-hander Zack Godley wasn't as dominant as his first time out. With the help of timely hitting and solid defense, he was good enough.
- Diamondbacks reinstate Saltalamacchia from disabled list Updated: Jul-27-15 4:41 pm
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks have reinstated catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia from the 15-day disabled list and optioned right-hander Dominic Leone to Double-A Mobile.
- Hellickson, Owings lead Diamondbacks past Brewers 3-0 Updated: Jul-26-15 9:24 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona's pitchers are putting together one strong start after another.
- Randy Johnson finds life in focus after Hall of Fame career Updated: Jul-23-15 2:57 pm
PHOENIX - With great enthusiasm, in great detail, Randy Johnson talks of watching through a camera lens as wild dogs in Africa chased a leopard from the carcass of a gazelle, and how the leopard stayed warily nearby for his chance to salvage what food it could. He witnessed female lions work to extract a dead baby elephant floating down a river, the male lion watching from above on a nearby ridge.
- Diamondbacks lose 5-3 to Miami after Peralta stuck by pitch Updated: Jul-23-15 2:19 am
PHOENIX - David Peralta saw the pitch heading toward his head and moved just enough to get hit on the right shoulder first.
- Fernandez's 11 Ks lead Marlins to 5-3 win over Dbacks Updated: Jul-23-15 2:10 am
PHOENIX - Jose Fernandez mixed his pitches well, putting together a strong fourth start since returning from Tommy John surgery.
- Arizona's Peralta out after being hit in head by pitch Updated: Jul-23-15 12:05 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Diamondbacks left fielder David Peralta has left a game against the Miami Marlins after being struck in the head with a pitch by Jose Fernandez.
- Reds, Athletics, Rockies win lottery for draft picks Updated: Jul-22-15 6:20 pm
NEW YORK - The Reds, Athletics, Rockies, Diamondbacks, Marlins and Pirates won picks after the first round of next year's draft in Major League Baseball's competitive balance lottery.
- Maxwell hits HR, Pence has key hit as Giants beat D-backs Updated: Jul-19-15 8:45 pm
PHOENIX - Even with his bullpen overworked the previous two days, Giants manager Bruce Bochy decided that there was no point in pushing ace Madison Bumgarner beyond five innings and 93 pitches on Sunday.
- Swanson, D-backs agree at $6.5 million ahead of deadline Updated: Jul-17-15 9:29 pm
PHOENIX - Shortstop Dansby Swanson, the first overall pick in baseball's amateur draft last month, agreed Friday to a $6.5 million signing bonus with the Arizona Diamondbacks just before the deadline for him to reach a deal.
- Freeway honoring soldier won't be renamed after MLB player Updated: Jul-15-15 7:06 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona has scrapped a move to temporarily rebrand a freeway recognizing soon-to-be baseball Hall of Famer Randy Johnson, keeping in place the existing name that honors a soldier who died in the Iraq War in 2003.
- Plan scrapped to temporarily rename road after Randy Johnson Updated: Jul-15-15 12:34 pm
PHOENIX - Organizers have canceled plans to temporarily put newly elected baseball Hall of Famer Randy Johnson's name on a Phoenix freeway, which is permanently named for an Arizona soldier killed in combat during the Iraq war.
- Nieuwenhuis hits 3 HR, Mets win 5-3, sweep DBacks Updated: Jul-12-15 5:56 pm
NEW YORK - Kirk Nieuwenhuis has learned not to take anything for granted, especially after the rollercoaster ride this season has been.
- Pollock, Diamondbacks top Rangers 7-4 in Harrison's return Updated: Jul-09-15 1:02 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - A.J. Pollock and the Arizona Diamondbacks are finally back to .500. Now they'll try to stay there before the first-time All-Star goes to Cincinnati.
- Tulowitzki's homer leads Rockies to 6-4 win over D-backs Updated: Jul-05-15 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Colorado Rockies manager Walt Weiss watched Troy Tulowitzki just miss a couple of pitches against Arizona on Saturday night and knew his star player would connect with one soon.
- Umpire Culbreth forced out by foul ball by Arizona's Owings Updated: Jul-05-15 8:27 pm
- Phillies trade for No. 1 international signing slot Updated: Jul-05-15 2:44 pm
- Diamondbacks' Corbin to make first start since 2013 Saturday Updated: Jul-03-15 7:12 pm
PHOENIX - Arizona left-hander Patrick Corbin is to start Saturday against Colorado in his first big league appearance in more than 1 ½ years.
- Hernandez, Anderson lead Dodgers past Diamondbacks, 4-3 Updated: Jul-02-15 1:48 am
PHOENIX - Kike Hernandez is one of the seldom-used Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Right-leaning McCain comes up short in foul ball bid Updated: Jul-01-15 1:33 am
PHOENIX - The ball from the left and John McCain leaned to the right.