- Complaint alleges Texas charter schools abusing visa program Updated: May-24-16 6:38 pm
A complaint filed Tuesday with Texas education officials accuses a charter-school network of abusing a visa program to import large numbers of Turkish teachers and violating state and federal laws by paying them more than American teachers.
- Mexican-American textbook stirs cultural debate in Texas Updated: May-23-16 3:56 pm
HOUSTON - A textbook proposed to help teach the cultural history of Mexican-Americans in Texas public schools is under scrutiny by scholars, some of whom decry the effort as racist and not a reflection of serious academic study.
- Texas parents ask judge to block standardized test scores Updated: May-23-16 3:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A group of Texas parents want a judge to scrap results from a statewide standardized test that is under new scrutiny after a computer glitch this spring lost thousands of student answers.
- Texas City district prepares to take over La Marque schools Updated: May-20-16 11:41 am
TEXAS CITY, Texas - The Texas City Independent School District will soon have sole access to La Marque (luh-MARK') schools in annexation of the troubled neighboring district.
- Texas Education Agency defends updated teacher evaluations Updated: Apr-26-16 8:25 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Education Agency has defended an updated appraisal system for teachers that some critics say is not fair to educators.