- Former Virginia House speaker, Norfolk treasurer dies at 87 Updated: Nov-27-15 4:10 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates and treasurer of Norfolk whose political career spanned decades has died, his wife said Friday.
- Former Virginia House speaker, Norfolk treasurer dies at 87 Updated: Nov-27-15 1:08 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates whose political career spanned decades has died.
- Virginia House speaker to seek state retirement system study Updated: Nov-23-15 6:46 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates says he'll ask the General Assembly in January to create a commission to study the state's retirement system.
- Va. House Republicans introduce first bills for 2016 session Updated: Nov-16-15 1:10 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - On the first day Virginia state lawmakers can file bills for the 2016 General Assembly session, Republicans in the GOP-majority House of Delegates have introduced legislation focused on tolls inside the Washington beltway and the federal Clean Power Plan.
- Toscano stepping down as Virginia House minority leader Updated: Nov-13-15 2:46 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Virginia House Minority Leader Del. David J. Toscano has announced that he will step down from the position.
- Big spending expected for state legislative races in 2016 Updated: Nov-07-15 10:26 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - While the presidential campaign commands the public's attention, political parties and financial contributors are quietly preparing for another less glitzy yet significant set of elections a year from now - battles to determine control of dozens of state legislative chambers.
- Virginia Democrats add 1 seat in the GOP-controlled House Updated: Nov-05-15 3:16 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democrats have picked up one seat in the Republican-controlled House of Delegates.
- Gecker concedes to Sturtevant in Virginia Senate race Updated: Nov-04-15 11:34 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic candidate Dan Gecker has conceded to his Republican opponent in the closely watched race for an open seat in Virginia's 10th Senate District.
- Virginia Republicans remain in control of state Senate Updated: Nov-03-15 11:21 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Republicans have maintained control of the state Senate after a bruising, expensive contest that featured heavy investment from national special interest groups.
- The Latest: GOP's Richard Black holds on to senate seat Updated: Nov-03-15 9:14 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on Election Day in Virginia as Democrats try to gain control of the Senate and Republicans battle to retain their slim edge while retaining their majority in the House of Delegates. (All times local)