- Biden discusses Asia-Pacific region at Navy graduation Updated: May-22-15 1:16 pm
- Prosecutors would face high bar in filing Amtrak charges Updated: May-21-15 9:18 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The Amtrak engineer at the controls of a train that derailed in Philadelphia, killing eight people, remains the focus of an inquiry by federal transportation safety investigators. But a second probe could prove more personally devastating: Prosecutors are trying to determine if he committed a crime.
- Blue Angels dedicate show to victim of Amtrak crash Updated: May-20-15 1:09 pm
- Amtrak told to expand speed control at deadly crash site Updated: May-16-15 6:46 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Federal officials announced Saturday that Amtrak must immediately expand its use of a speed restriction system on Philadelphia's northbound rails where a speeding train reached 106 mph, flew off the tracks and crashed, killing eight people.
- Officer: Midshipman killed in derailment was phenomenal man Updated: May-15-15 4:14 pm
- 1st funeral set for victim of Amtrak derailment Updated: May-15-15 6:21 am
PHILADELPHIA - Mourners are preparing to remember one of the eight people killed in this week's Amtrak derailment in Philadelphia while the investigation into the crash continues.
- Clarification: Military-Maternity Leave story Updated: May-13-15 11:46 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - In a story May 12, The Associated Press reported that extending paternity leave for Navy sailors would require legislative approval. The story should have specified that the Navy is only proposing extending paid maternity leave, not paternity leave. Both would require legislative approval.