- Defendant in FIFA case appears in US court Updated: Jul-31-15 5:24 pm
NEW YORK - An Argentinian sports marketing executive pleaded not guilty in a U.S. court Friday in the massive racketeering and bribery case that has scandalized international soccer.
- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players Updated: Jul-30-15 7:32 pm
DENVER - Kaka and David Villa are raising the profile of Major League Soccer. Clint Dempsey and the U.S. national teams have done their part, too.
- CONMEBOL outlines reforms after FIFA bribery scandal Updated: Jul-29-15 6:57 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - The CONMEBOL soccer body will begin publishing the salary of its president and executive council members after being plunged into crisis by the FIFA bribery scandal.
- Beasley still interested in playing for national team Updated: Jul-28-15 3:54 am
DENVER - A quick heads up to Jurgen Klinsmann: Should you ever need DaMarcus Beasley for national team duty again, just call. The veteran of four World Cups will always listen.
- Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday to retire after victory tour Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - U.S. soccer formally announced that midfielders Shannon Boxx and Lauren Holiday will retire from the U.S. national team following a victory tour to celebrate the Women's World Cup title.
- DeAndre Yedlin on Tottenham roster for MLS All-Star Game Updated: Jul-27-15 3:52 pm
DENVER - Speedy U.S. national team defender DeAndre Yedlin is among the players on the Tottenham Hotspur roster for Wednesday's MLS All-Star Game in Commerce City, Colorado.
- Landon Donovan stays connected to the game Updated: Jul-27-15 2:00 pm
COMMERCE CITY, Colorado - There's nothing like a visit to the field to get Landon Donovan's competitive juices flowing again.
- Mexico wins 7th Gold Cup title with 3-1 victory over Jamaica Updated: Jul-27-15 1:14 am
PHILADELPHIA - Andres Guardado scored again, with no penalty kick needed this time, and his teammates finally managed some goals, too.
- CONCACAF known for corruption as much as soccer Updated: Jul-27-15 12:09 am
PHILADELPHIA - The banner moments of this year's CONCACAF Gold Cup belong to Panama.
- US soccer team to open World Cup qualifying in St. Louis Updated: Jul-26-15 11:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - The U.S. soccer team will play its first qualifier for the 2018 World Cup at Busch Stadium in St. Louis on Nov. 13, and the playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup will be held at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
- Romanov palace imperial setting for imperious FIFA Updated: Jul-26-15 11:27 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - Sepp the Great came to an old Romanov chateau for what he promises will be his final World Cup draw as FIFA president.
- Panama beats US 3-2 on penalty kicks for Gold Cup 3rd place Updated: Jul-25-15 8:32 pm
CHESTER, Pennsylvania - Music and shouts of celebration blasted from the Panama locker room next door as U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann tried to put another positive spin on another loss.
- The Latest: Conte says facing Spain 'very stimulating' Updated: Jul-25-15 5:51 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - The latest on Saturday's 2018 World Cup qualifying draw (times are local):
- FIFA, Blatter get back to World Cup business at Putin home Updated: Jul-25-15 5:16 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA and Sepp Blatter put their corruption crisis aside and got back to World Cup business at the 2018 tournament qualifying draw hosted by Vladimir Putin at a Russian state residence on Saturday.
- CONMEBOL leader Napout hopes to play scandal-hit Centenario Updated: Jul-24-15 1:36 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - CONMEBOL member countries still want to play the 2016 Copa America Centenario in the United States despite an ongoing bribery investigation, their president Juan Angel Napout said Friday.
- FIFA sponsor Visa calls for independent reform board Updated: Jul-24-15 1:13 am
NEW YORK - FIFA sponsor Visa Inc. called Thursday for an independent commission to be formed to clean up world soccer's scandal-ridden governing body.
- US seeks extradition of Paraguayan soccer official Updated: Jul-23-15 11:12 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - U.S. prosecutors in New York have asked Paraguay to extradite Nicolas Leoz, the former president of South America's soccer confederation and one of those charged in a corruption scandal being investigated by the U.S. Justice Department.
- Fox planning World Cup studio in Moscow's Red Square Updated: Jul-23-15 5:54 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - David Neal looks ahead to the World Cup in less than three years and envisions Fox broadcasting from its own studio in the middle of Moscow's Red Square.
- After stunning Gold Cup loss, US looks for positive spin Updated: Jul-23-15 4:30 pm
ATLANTA - Jurgen Klinsmann strolled into the room in the basement of the Georgia Dome, not looking overly concerned about the biggest upset loss in U.S. men's soccer history.
- US to play Brazil in exhibition at Foxborough on Sept 8 Updated: Jul-23-15 12:45 pm
CHICAGO - The U.S. soccer team will play an exhibition against Brazil on Sept. 8 at Foxborough, Massachusetts.
- Jamaica stuns US 2-1 in Gold Cup semifinals Updated: Jul-23-15 12:12 am
ATLANTA - The United States had everything on its side. History. A raucous home crowd. And, supposedly, the better team.
- Tim Howard ready to return to the US national team Updated: Jul-22-15 3:09 pm
LONDON - Goalkeeper Tim Howard is ready to make himself available for the United States national team again after taking a break since the 2014 World Cup.
- Blatter heads to Russia for first foreign trip since crisis Updated: Jul-22-15 2:17 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - FIFA President Sepp Blatter is due in Russia on Thursday for his first overseas trip since the arrests of fellow soccer executives in May left him unwilling to leave the safety of Switzerland.
- Brazil-Argentina US friendly canceled as FIFA probe fallout Updated: Jul-21-15 8:26 pm
SAO PAULO - A friendly between Brazil and Argentina planned in the United States in September has been canceled as part of the fallout from the investigation into alleged corruption involving FIFA.
- US women add 2 matches against Australia to victory tour Updated: Jul-21-15 1:39 pm
The U.S. women's national team has added a pair of September matches against Australia to its World Cup victory tour.