- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- Olympic qualifying draw sets up possible US-Canada final Updated: Nov-23-15 6:18 pm
The World Cup-champion U.S. women's national team will face Costa Rica to open the eight-team CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament in February.
- Chile soccer federation says its president resigned Updated: Nov-18-15 4:45 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The president of Chile's soccer federation has officially resigned after he refused to answer questions over his possible links to the corruption scandal at world soccer governing body FIFA, the federation said on Wednesday.
- US hits crossbar twice, ties Trinidad 0-0 in WCup qualifier Updated: Nov-17-15 11:04 pm
After two games on the long path to the 2018 World Cup, the United States has four points. The Americans and coach Jurgen Klinsmann followed a miserable four-month stretch with a decent start in qualifying.
- Altidore scores twice as US routs St Vincent 6-1 Updated: Nov-14-15 12:24 am
ST. LOUIS - Entering on its first three-game home losing streak since 1997, the United States stumbled at the start of its first qualifier for the 2018 World Cup when St. Vincent and the Grenadines went ahead in the fifth minute.
- The Latest: Top officials heading to Paris concert hall Updated: Nov-13-15 7:28 pm
PARIS - The latest on shootings and explosions in Paris. (all times local):
- Chilean soccer association president takes medical leave Updated: Nov-13-15 12:12 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - The president of the Chilean soccer association is taking a 30-day medical leave, a decision that was announced shortly before the country's investigative police said authorities wanted to question him and other federation bosses.
- Howard, Guzan comfortable with Klinsmann rotation plan Updated: Nov-10-15 12:48 pm
MIAMI SHORES, Florida - Tim Howard spent eight years as the top goalkeeper for the U.S. national team. Brad Guzan took over for a year during Howard's sabbatical.
- USSF recommends ban on headers for players 10 and under Updated: Nov-09-15 9:18 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The U.S. Soccer Federation is recommending a ban on headers for players 10 and under, limits for players between 11 and 13 and having medical professionals rather than coaches make decisions on whether players suspected of concussions can remain in games.
- Napout: New president not enough to solve FIFA crisis Updated: Nov-07-15 4:52 pm
SANTIAGO, Chile - Electing a new president will not dig FIFA out of the worst crisis in its 111-year history, the head of South American football said on Saturday.
- FIFA hopeful Ali takes diplomatic path to presidential goal Updated: Nov-05-15 6:00 pm
GENEVA - In a FIFA election now more open than expected, Prince Ali bin al-Hussein has changed his strategy since Michel Platini was caught up in a corruption scandal.
- Glamour's Women of the Year: Witherspoon, Jenner, Copeland Updated: Oct-29-15 8:56 am
NEW YORK - Caitlyn Jenner, Reese Witherspoon, Misty Copeland and five women touched by the South Carolina church massacre and lauded in the aftermath as "The Peacemakers of Charleston" are among this year's honorees as Glamour magazine's Women of the Year.
- Wambach didn't want retirement to overshadow victory tour Updated: Oct-28-15 5:29 pm
When the final whistle blew on the Women's World Cup this summer, Abby Wambach was nearly convinced that it was her final championship.
- American forward Johannsson sidelined after surgery Updated: Oct-28-15 5:04 pm
BREMEN, Germany - Werder Bremen says American forward Aron Johannsson has undergone surgery on a hip problem, an injury that likely will force him to miss the Americans' opening World Cup qualifiers next month.
- Blatter chastises FIFA ethics committee for banning him Updated: Oct-28-15 10:52 am
GENEVA - Taking a dictatorial approach to his role as FIFA president, Sepp Blatter lashed out at the ethics committee for being "against me" and criticized his 90-day ban as being "total nonsense."
- Brazil's Marin agrees to be extradited in FIFA bribery case Updated: Oct-28-15 9:39 am
GENEVA - The head of organizing the 2014 World Cup in Brazil has agreed to be extradited to the United States in the FIFA bribery case.
- Kuwait's Sheikh Ahmad in his element in city of politics Updated: Oct-27-15 3:26 pm
WASHINGTON - The ultimate Olympic powerbroker has come to the ultimate home of power politics.
- Obama honors US women's soccer team for World Cup victory Updated: Oct-27-15 2:16 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama welcomed the U.S. women's 2015 World Cup champion soccer team to the White House Tuesday, saying the team's victory with class, excitement and style inspired the whole country.
- US hosting national Olympic bodies for 1st time in 21 years Updated: Oct-26-15 2:09 pm
WASHINGTON - For the first time in more than two decades, the world's national Olympic committees are holding their annual congress in the United States. In the nation's capital, no less.