- Suarez expected to make Copa America trip despite injury Updated: May-23-16 3:16 pm
MADRID - Luis Suarez is expected to travel to the United States to join Uruguay's national team for the Copa America, though he is likely to miss the start of the tournament because of a hamstring injury.
- Arriola has goal, assist in US debut, 3-1 win at Puerto Rico Updated: May-22-16 9:54 pm
BAYAMON, Puerto Rico - Paul Arriola not only was able to make his national team debut for the United States on Sunday, he became the first player since Landon Donovan in 2000 to score a goal and have an assist in his initial appearance.
- Qatar World Cup head: Blatter US support should be looked at Updated: May-19-16 9:38 pm
LONDON - Sepp Blatter's support for the American World Cup bid should face more scrutiny, the head of Qatar's 2022 organizing committee said on Thursday in his latest expression of frustration at the focus on the probity of their winning campaign.
- Swiss send last of FIFA suspects to US in bribery case Updated: May-18-16 7:11 pm
NEW YORK - The longtime former head of the Nicaraguan soccer federation who most recently was employed by FIFA pleaded not guilty to racketeering charges Wednesday after he became the last of seven men extradited after their arrests in Zurich last year.
- The Latest: FIFA suspect extradited to US pleads not guilty Updated: May-18-16 7:08 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on former FIFA staffer Julio Rocha, who was extradited to the United States to face racketeering charges in a sprawling bribery case (all times local):
- US team hopes to find reason for Altidore's leg injuries Updated: May-17-16 3:08 pm
MIAMI SHORES, Florida - Jozy Altidore's hamstring injuries are happening far too often for anyone's liking, and the U.S. Soccer Federation is trying to find a way to solve the problem.
- Montagliani becomes CONCACAF's 3rd president in a year Updated: May-12-16 4:12 pm
MEXICO CITY - Victor Montagliani was elected as CONCACAF's third president in a year on Thursday, tasked with leading the recovery of the confederation following years of corruption scandals.
- FIFA unfreezes CONCACAF's funding but $10M not released yet Updated: May-10-16 6:54 pm
MEXICO CITY - FIFA's funding to the scandal-hit North American soccer confederation will be unfrozen, but the $10 million will only be released to CONCACAF when further conditions are met.
- Nadim's path: From Taliban-ruled Afghanistan to Portland Updated: May-06-16 5:44 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Soccer is the one constant in Nadia Nadim's life since fleeing the Taliban as a young girl.
- Havelange turns 100 in Rio; plans to attend Olympics Updated: May-06-16 11:19 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - Joao Havelange delivered an impassioned speech seven years ago in French, urging fellow International Olympic Committee members to choose Rio de Janeiro for the 2016 Olympics.
- Chastain, McMillan, Garber make soccer Hall of Fame Updated: May-06-16 8:24 am
CHICAGO - World Cup champions Brandi Chastain and Shannon MacMillan, and MLS Commissioner Don Garber have been elected to the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
- Abby Wambach to join ESPN as analyst and contributor Updated: May-04-16 1:15 pm
Retired U.S. soccer star Abby Wambach is joining ESPN as an analyst and a contributor.